Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 124697 times)

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #200 on: March 12, 2014, 08:03:55 AM »
Was nasty here yesterday. 'Sposed to be sunny today. We'll see.

If I can make through today I'll have 4 days of spring break.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #201 on: March 12, 2014, 08:24:51 AM »
Was nasty here yesterday. 'Sposed to be sunny today. We'll see.

If I can make through today I'll have 4 days of spring break.

Going to South Padre Island? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: March 12, 2014, 08:44:16 AM »
Sittin’ here mindin’ my own bidness, readin’ of the state of the werld ‘n drinkin’ coffee…..

BLAM!

The world goes dark ‘n silent, again.

At least I got the satisfaction of watchin’ the lineman drop the zapped squirrel inta a plastic garbage bag.

Done shut the alarm up. Made ‘nother pot. Now I gotta call the FIOS folks ‘n get the boxes reset. Start on all the blinkin’ clocks after that.

Did get the boxes I had ta break down ‘n get in the recycle bin done waitin’ on the electric guys ta get here. Box cutter werks when the power’s out.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 07:45:14 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: March 12, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
Is that box cutter registered, Arcey???? ;D
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2014, 01:15:05 PM »
Found out today that my 8 cylinder car has 16 sparkplugs... :o :o :o
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: March 12, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
Is that box cutter registered, Arcey???? ;D

Well, ya see, I....................... Uhhhhhhhhh.............. no. But I've been meanin' ta get it done.

My six has 32 valuves 'n 4 camshafts but only 6 plugs. Considerin' what they cost ta replace I'm glad of it.

Just so happened the GC was only a l'il out of the way of errands. Made aquaintance with the fella what took the pics of the osprey visit Sunday past. Watched a bird all roosted pretty o'erlookin' the creek. Waited on her/him ta glide down 'n catch lunch. Twenty minutes er so went by 'n the damned thing flew off the otherway 'n disappeared.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: March 12, 2014, 02:13:07 PM »
Maybe it was camera shy,Arcy ::) ;)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: March 12, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
My six cylinder has six plugs, one camshaft and 2 gears that drive the camshaft.   ;D

Wife had me grab some more of those wieners while I was out, was gonna tell Ron we liked them but didn't see him. 

Saw a woodchuck trying to cross the street about 4 blocks from home, saw he made it in the mirror, was headed away from us so good, don't have a silencer for the Hornet.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: March 12, 2014, 03:39:28 PM »
Stopped at the local grocer on the way home to pick up some eggs & canned peaches. Also walked out with ten pounds of bacon. Haven't bought any bacon since it got to be over $5 a pound, so I bought a bulk box of ten pounds at &16.99 sounded like a good gamble. Looks like I got lucky. Good lookin bacon in fairly thick slices, can't wait to taste it.

Online pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: March 12, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »
My truck and my mail car blazer both have 6 cyl, 6 plugs, and one camshaft each. On the other hand, wife's Trailblazer...4.2 liter inline, not sure what it's got. First read it was a 5 cyl, but then have read that the 3.something is a 5, and the 4.2 is a six. Can't prove either one by me, whole motor is covered up with a plastic cover, can't see a spark plug anywhere. On the plus side, we've had it for almost 4 years and I've never NEEDED to see the plugs yet.(Knock on wood, I won't have to any time soon).

Stu, I only buy the bulk bacon, I think it's about $3.49 a pound at a local store. Won't even look at the pre-packaged stuff, it seems to be all added water and shrinks up to almost nothing when you cook it.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:34 PM »
Stopped at the local grocer on the way home to pick up some eggs & canned peaches. Also walked out with ten pounds of bacon. Haven't bought any bacon since it got to be over $5 a pound, so I bought a bulk box of ten pounds at &16.99 sounded like a good gamble. Looks like I got lucky. Good lookin bacon in fairly thick slices, can't wait to taste it.

Those 2.5 pound packages I bring to the musters are under $7 most places, kinda uneven stuff, but Rita likes it better and I think the GAF does also, I know I do because I get more real meat.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »
Moose only buys a pound  at a time because there is only two of us. Most of it is eaten on the weekend, except for an occasional BLT. Bacon and Eggs sound good for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2014, 06:40:45 PM »
Just had some this week. 1lb. package, gone in one breakfast for three. Don't have  it that often, though ::)

Well, storm only brought us a dusting, but, up north going east and west, real bad. A bunch of large multiple vehicle accidents, the Turnpike and on I-90. So far two people killed and a Statie seriously injured. Video from up that way looks bad. :o :(

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2014, 07:02:03 PM »
For you Arcey, I can't link to it, but I hope the ortho-bird guys at Conell will forgive me for borrowing this, I doubt it since I ain't making any money or claims, up north of St Louie on the Mississippi, s'spossed to be about half the ones hanging around that day, some open water stretch on a mostly frozen ribber. 

Ain't seen them that thick yet, but maybe a 1/4th that at one time on the Platte. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2014, 07:12:28 PM »
That is a bunch of Eagles!  What size engine and what kind of transmission does the Field Marshall have?  Supper is still in the planning stage. A pot of pinto beans is planned for tomorrow, with plenty of corn bread.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Maybe it was camera shy,Arcy ::) ;)

A conscious decision ta screw with us……………………………….

Them birds are kinda what we're hopin' invades the garden in Norfolk. Don't need near that many ta cause Norfolk's city council, or as the media calles 'em - 'leaders,' go slam sterile. We got the birds. Alaska, Great Lakes, Gulf Coast then the Chesapeake.

Anyways...................

No gears, got a chain ‘n sprockets.

‘N I gotta tum-tum fulla salad. Had bacon on it too. Kinda like summer. Tomorrow it’ll be hot soup cuz it’ll be more like winter.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2014, 07:44:07 PM »
Turned out to danger good bacon. Had some with eggs & hashbrowns fer supper. I'll be buying another box of that while they still have some.

See eagles that thick on this end of the Platte regularly anymore. One get killed by a car now & then on top of Kingsley dam cause they're so thick.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
Turned out to danger good bacon. Had some with eggs & hashbrowns fer supper. I'll be buying another box of that while they still have some.

See eagles that thick on this end of the Platte regularly anymore. One get killed by a car now & then on top of Kingsley dam cause they're so thick.

I ain't been up by Ashland in winter for years though.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2014, 08:18:44 PM »
What size engine and what kind of transmission does the Field Marshall have? 

300cid in-line 6 and a 5 speed. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2014, 11:59:32 PM »
Just like the General! I am sure that you are pleased with that. The inline 6 and 5-speed served you well in the General. We ended up with scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for supper. I am happy with the V6 in the GMC, and it gets good gas mileage.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com