Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 124698 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2014, 09:00:01 AM »
Mornin...35 and sunny here High of 35???? Y'all have a good one
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2014, 09:19:16 AM »
Morning y'all.

Cut and split firewood yesterday.

'Tis 12 and sunny. High of 39.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2014, 09:43:40 AM »
Got photobucket running on my phone, gonna try to post a picture.

This is Ella at her first birthday party:

The scruffy kid in the cabelas sweatshirt taking a selfie with his only offspring is my youngest son.

The nice yuppy couple in the picture are the parents we adopted to raise Ella

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 09:21:25 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The temp is in the low 40s, with a high of 61. That is a cute picture of the new grand kid. I had my usual breakfast of oatmeal and toast. No clue for supper and no lunch planned.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2014, 12:04:16 PM »
Good looking Family Stu

Raining here again ::)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2014, 12:23:38 PM »
Roo, You can send some of that rain down here to me. Moose is fixing "soul food" for supper, Hominy, Collard Greens, Black Eyed peas, and Cornbread.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2014, 12:38:04 PM »
Watch our for that little one, Stu.  She has the eyes of a tiger on the hunt.  A loving grandpa won't stand a chance.   ::)   ;D
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
Nice young'un, Stu ;)

Well, we survived the time change.  Only had about an inch of snow last night,kinda melting off now, temp is 29 and sunny ::)

Currently beating clothes on the rocks. Had toast and jam for breakfast ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
weather liars were wrong again, Temps into upper 40's...one day closer to spring.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
The Field Marshall is ready to pick-up (no pun intended) after work, first task is to bring The General home and get it in the driveway to get figured out his final fate.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
Happy B'Day, Ella!

That was right much fun. Hadda different blend of coffee ta start with from Three Ships roasters. Prolly had sumthin’ illegal in it. They did each cup by hand with boilin’ distilled water from l’il tea kettle things. Dripped it inta Ball jars. Fat lady hadda cider. She gotta cup cake from Twisted Sisters ‘n ‘nother from some vegan thing. She sez ya can keep the vegan thing.

Looked at the hot dog vendor but the stuff they offered looked like ya had ta dig thru all the stuff they covered the dog with ta find it. For both of us it come down ta the tacos ‘n the BBQ trucks. Went with the BBQ.

Nice weather for it. Plenty of folks around. Had folks with Beagle Rescue tryin’ ta get dogs adopted. Said no. Been there, done that, fat lady wore the tee shirts.

Off ta the left, the truck with the pink circles on it was Twisted Sisters. The taco truck’s hid behind the BBQ truck.

Left there ‘n hit the golf course. Found one of ‘em on a cell phone thing. Flew off ‘n disappeared. Went ta the park ‘n caught back up with it in flight, circlin’ ‘n watchin’ somethin’. Finally lost it.

Found a photographer on the road in the ‘hood ‘round the links. Don't know if he'd found an eagle but he brought a bird with ‘im.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »
That's a Macaw, Arcey. Looks like it's cold, poor thing has it's feathers all fluffed up ::) :o

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2014, 03:40:19 PM »
Nice picture Stu.

Looks like you had a fun day Arcey.

Spread some Bluestone around the parking pad area, trying to make it easier to maneuver and turn around when the ground is wet and muddy.

Granddaughter got in trouble for mouthing off to her folks and they brought her out here to muck stalls as a punishment. Not a punishment to me if you enjoy being around horses, more like preparation for a gubermint job.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
T’was a good time, cuz. Ya oughta hit one – second Sundays – Whole Foods, Laskin Rd. Tables ‘n chairs out. We’ll be back in April. Supposed ta be different trucks.

Green bird……………..

It was prolly fifty sumthin’ by then. Wouldn’t think he’d be chilly. Wind gusts were playin’ hell with the feathers. Owner had a 4Runner the previous generation from mine. Hadda cuppa coffee on the roof. He took the bird off the post ‘n put ‘im on the roof rack. Bird walked to the back after the guy’s coffee cup. Moved it up front ‘n the bird turnt around ‘n went after it again. The guy put it on the hood. Said the bird knows what it is, don’t want it, just wants ta knock it over.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »
It sounds like the food truck thing was fun. I either have to go to Dallas or Fort Worth to experience the food truck thing. We are having leftover "soul food" tonight. I hope that the collard greens are good reheated. Moose is off for Spring Break next week.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
I hope that the collard greens are good reheated.

They is, trust me. Oh Lord, yes……………………….

We’d ah had collards it’d been Christmas or Thanksgivin’. Andi ‘n Tim come over for turkey, snaps ‘n ‘taters. Got left overs. I’m done for the evenin’.

Andi has decided to leave the l’il black pot here. Said I could use it. Heh, heh, heh……. It’s MINE!

The trucks here’ve been hid for a long time. Finally ‘nuff folks raised heck so they’re out in the open. Norfolk allowed hot dog carts before I retired but they fee’d ‘em out. Now they’s got the trucks in designated areas where I used ta take my lunch time walks ‘n one spot right next ta the gun shop – but parkin’ is metered, on the street, catch-as-catch can.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »
There is an ugly purple pick-up in front of my house, fact we drug The General home in it and he will be cleaned out and put on Craigs List by the end of the week as a donor for someone, see what happens, but with a good 5 speed in it someone may bite at higher than it is worth by the pound.  Hate to see it go, got attached to it in the 8 years, total cost for purchase and repairs in that time were about $3500.  Wasn't sure on the milage on The Field Marshall, but it shows 130,000 on it and The General has 235,000.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2014, 06:51:20 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 24 and clear. High of 48.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2014, 07:01:36 AM »
A changing of the guard,Del. ::)

38 here, cloudy ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2014, 07:13:21 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

‘Bout freezin’ out ‘n headin’ ta almost too warm later on. No precipitation.

Had ‘em like that, Del. Had second thoughts the whole trip to trade the S-Runner. Had others I’d have paid good money ta watch get crushed – the Crown Vic for example. Was lucky the last time. The station wagon’s been bustin’ ‘er hiney since day one ta make me happy ‘n she’s doin’ a pretty good job. Hope it’s the same for you with the purple one.

Me ‘n the fat lady missed the excitement at the GC yestitty. Seems the birds had disagreements with an osprey ‘n a dirty bird. The photographer set up o’er by the soccer field caught some of the action.

Ain’t gonna pirate his images. If anyone’s interested they’re at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honey-Beeagles/395098947182294

The boy’s got ‘im a heck of a lens ‘n most likely heavy duty software ta produce the stuff. He was prolly a quarter mile away from the towers.

After yestitty I don't even wanna think 'bout food. That may run inta tomorrow too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com