Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 124695 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2014, 11:17:14 AM »
Set it up, let’s shoot it. Shotgun targets gonna catch hell from the twice barrel folks.

Gonna be a cowboy wisdom theme inna couple weeks.

Rifle targets out a bit farther’n normal. Pistol - standard for us. Shotgun targets on line with the pistols. Rests will be four or five yards apart.

Stage 6

Lettin' the cat out the bag is a whole lot easier than………...

10 Pistol – 10 Rifle – At least 4 Shotgun

Two pistols loaded with five each HDEC holstered. Rifle loaded with ten HDEC staged on the barrel. Shotgun AOE is on the table.

Shooter stands behind the barrel holding a cat and a ba.................... No, can’t do that. The pEta folks might see. Shooter starts with all eight finger tips touching the barrel. When ready, the shooter shouts with feeling and emotion, “…puttin’ ‘er back in!” On the beep snatch the pistols and triple-tap alternate the two cowboy targets starting with P2. That's going to leave one round left in a pistol. With the tenth, unfired round, engage the odd colored rifle target (R2) for a -5 second bonus – no penalty for a miss. Holster HDFC pistols and grab rifle. From the left, triple tap R1, single R2 then triple tap R3 & R4. Make rifle safe on the barrel. Move to the table, grab the shotgun ‘n flatten all four knock downs. End of stage, follow RO’s directions.

Cussin’ on the way ta the unloadin’ table is optional. Kickin’ gravel is prohibited.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2014, 11:23:26 AM »
That should create a lot of hate and discontent among the masses.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2014, 03:42:08 PM »

Heh, heh, heh………… Yeah……………

Rode by the under construction indoor range thing on the boulevard when I was out playin’ in the rain. Saw a TargetWorx trailer sittin’ at an open access door. Them folks is spendin’ a pile of loose change. Y'all check out the video.

http://www.targetworx.com/home

The heatin’ oil delivery fella just left. Watched ‘im put all kindsa money in the ground. That best do it ‘til spring.

Be doin’ spaghetti. Prolly with just grated cheese. Still don’t believe she ‘n me put the dent in the pot of soup we did last evenin’. Might have two mugs left. Small mugs.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 06:17:48 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2014, 04:42:24 PM »

and a few "P"'s
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Stu good luck to you.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »
Reason I asked was we shot that stage at the last shoot,You would not believe the whining that went on after I explained the course of fire.I went over it slowly and explained it again.Still got whining.I told em to stop over thinking the stage and shoot the darn thing... ;D ;D.I even went 1st and had no problem.I did notice that the newer shooters(less than 3 years) had a bigger problem then those of us who started shooting CAS a lot longer.Now these aren't slow shooters, just used to simple 10/10/4 stages.I thought it was fun.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2014, 05:41:02 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 20 and dark. High of 29.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2014, 05:47:13 AM »
Awwww, c’mon, Roo dude. Ya know I wouldn’t be writtin’ no P trap. Not me.

Outside, inside, inside, outside, inside. We do ‘em like that every now ‘n again, ain’t much whinin’. But ya gotta figger, north or south, there’s gonna be some folks just wantin’ ta empty the things on sweeps. Then ya got others like Pill Filler, who just misses world class, what don’t give a crap what ya hit ‘im with.

Throw a Badger at ‘em for long guns, Maj. A Reverse Badger for the pistols ‘n split the shotguns.. When ya read out the directions, put a box of tissue on the prop. Some of ‘em’ll melt down on Lawence Welks.

Same one’s would just love the OFSDAR stuff ‘n prolly pack up ‘n leave ta show their appreciation. Ain’t no tellin’ what ya might face for twenty four rounds on them things. Ya ever get down this way again ya gotta schedule one in. West Point ain’t no where from Jamestown/Williamsburg ‘n just a nice ferry ride from the radar trap otherwise known as Waverly.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2014, 06:20:43 AM »
Opps…………… Fergot………

Mornin’.

38° ‘n the guessers say 63° later on. Rain’s quit ‘n the freakin’ wind’s calmed down.

Try this:

Pistols w/ 10 HDEC ‘n holstered. Rifle w/ 10 HDEC staged on the right prop. Shotgun AOE staged on the right prop ‘n 4+ shells on the person.

Shooter starts scratchin’ her/his hind parts with both hands. When ready shooter shouts, with feeling and emotion, “Yer tellin’ fibs on me, Roo Dude! Fill yer hand!” On the signal, grab the rifle and engage the four rifle targets in the following order; R1, R1, R2, R1, R2, R3, R1, R2, R3 and R4. Make rifle safe on the prop. Grab the shotgun. Loading from the person engage the two knock downs – they’re must falls. Clear the shotgun of empties and move to the left prop, keeping the muzzle(s) safely down range, and ground the gun on same. Draw the pistols and by category engage the four pistol targets in the following order; P1-1 round, P2-2 rounds, P3-3 rounds and P4-4 rounds. Holster HDFC pistols. Snatch the shotgun. Loading as necessary engage the standing pair of knock downs, they have to fall. End of stage. Follow the RO’s directions. 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The girls are sleeping in this morning.It feels like a 2 pot morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2014, 07:48:45 AM »
Holy! ________ I'd been called out....Only 2 folks getting a P on that one is Roo Dude and the author

Tex thanks for the coffee
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2014, 07:49:20 AM »
You really want to sort out the whiners this morning Arcey.

Mornin, horse n dogs fed, time for people food then out to get diesel for the tractor.

Arcey, you need to give Majer the stages for your gambling match, we'll be able to hear them whine down here in VA.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »
Mornin'. Pretty lucky so far. A little queezy last night but nuthin like the last dose.

Feel pretty good this morning. Driving to Kearney, long story, I'll tell it later.

Try to have a good day.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »
It is cloudy and it looks like we will get some rain this weekend. The temp is around 55 right now and that might be the high. I am glad that I made  second pot. A good day to be inside.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2014, 04:03:01 PM »
We were close to 50 this morning, but now it's 35 and $#%^ing :P

Got both hamsters washed today. Found they're actually black, not white and brownish ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2014, 06:13:00 PM »
The 40 percent chance of rain for today never happened, it just stayed cloudy all day. No clue for supper tonight, maybe grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2014, 07:43:29 AM »
Moanin’.

Tiz 0745 hours don’t care what nobody sez……

49° ‘n the guessers say it’s gonna be close to it all day. Suits the heck outta me.

Good on ya, Buck. Like ta get the station wagon cleaned up but there's sumthin' else planned. Took 'er to the laundry a couple weeks ago 'n knocked some the crud off.

Turkey breast’s in the big black one. No tellin’ what’ll be fer lunch. Depends on the crowd it the rodeo.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2014, 08:15:37 AM »
Mornin'. Had a long day yesterday. Was up all night working on school stuff in my head & jotting down notes.  Then had to get up early to drive to Kearney. Had a birthday party for my newest grandbaby.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
Up here, hoping to get the Field Marshall after work. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
Happy spring forward day to all! Rain all day yesterday, but sunshine this morning.

oops! Baby just threw her plate of scrambled eggs on the floor, gotta go.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com