Author Topic: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs  (Read 124250 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MARCH - Cawfee and victuals for the Lions and The Lambs
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 07:01:34 AM »
A glorious good mornin', y'all.

Mostly cloudy ‘n 35° goin’ ta 41° or thereabouts. Breezy, with a northeast wind 20 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.

Gettin’ a few degrees warmer but the breeze’ll keep it nice. Also lookin’ at a l’il much needed rain o’ernight ‘n inta tamarrah.

Wunder whatever happened ta this F-onefitty. If there’s a hell for sedans I ain’t got no doubt that Crown’s in it.

Too bad folks can’t get 'em with real steerin’ no more. Ain’t thinkin’ that power steerin’ stuff’ll ever catch on. Hope she serves ya well, Del.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2014, 07:12:03 AM »
If The General would have came out of Virginny I'd swear that was it in it's younger days.

And Buck, this is the only F-150 we've seen this color.

It's a 94, cuzzin bought it years ago and nephew bought it last spring, just like The General, nephew ain't happy with a 6 Cylinder, buy some Dodge that needs work.  LOL
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2014, 07:18:26 AM »
Ya could say they were cuzzins.

If the ‘The Field Marshal’ thing don’t catch on ya could use ‘The Grape Ape.’
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 02:13:32 PM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 08:04:38 AM »
Maybe he should call it the "Purple people feeder" when he's off doing his Coosie Cast iron cooking thing... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 08:52:31 AM »
Our mechanic finally had time to look at The General, told him if it was a quick easy fix to do it, would be worth more that way, his brain is fired again like it was 4 years ago, fix will be as much as the other pick-up.   May see if someone wants it, scrap is about $400 on it right now, some fool may give more if I Craig it.   ;) 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »
Thought about parkin’ it at the farm for a parts truck?

Got Beef Vegetable soup goin’ in the l’il red one. Prolly gonna be too warm taday ta enjoy it this evenin’ but I thought I’d chance it.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
Thought, but even at only 4 years there is too much difference not a lot will interchange.  The way stuff like that goes on Craig around here I think that's a better route, may offer to trade for a small enclosed trailer, I'm going to need one because a downside to this one is it's the 6 1/2 foot box.  Will work for short small trips but have been needing one for the larger ones anyway.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2014, 11:41:11 AM »
3/4 or 1/2 ton, Del? That sapphire blue may have originated on the F-trucks first, then filtered down to the Ranger's,Del. Haven't seen too many  in that color around here,either. The Ranger was a '95, the Splash model, had the fiberglass step side bed. Couldn't fit a 4ft. wide sheet between the wheel wells in it. 3.0 V-6 with a 5 speed. T'was my last stick trannied vehicle. Knees dictated a change for the next vehicle. Cab was the extended( yeah, right. Them side facing jump seats weren't good for much more than a kid). ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2014, 02:14:37 PM »
Del, you could get a trailer the same color then it would be the Purple Pot Puller. Just don't drive through Colorado, they might get the wrong idea from the name.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2014, 02:49:48 PM »
Del, Congrats on the new truck. We will all miss "The General". You had a lot of faithful service out of him. I hope that the new truck will be as good as the old one.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2014, 03:55:02 PM »
Fat lady comes home from school with a pretty l’il black round crock pot. Looks like it just came out the box. N’er seen one like it ‘fore. Guessin’ a three quart. Could see it fulla snaps for a green side while the l’il red one did a roast, carrots ‘n taters. Was all excited, then she tells me it ain’t mine.

Seems daughter #2 subbed it the school ‘n heard one the teachers say she had it, never used it ‘n she wanted ta give it away ta free up some kitchen space. Taday she brought it ta the fat lady for transfer ta Andi.

I’m heart broke but that’s my kid gettin’ it. I’ll be a good loser.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:12 PM »
Arcey, That's terrible. You could have put it to good use.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2014, 05:52:08 PM »
She could have kept it concealed to save you the heart break. Women folk can be downright inconsiderate some times. 

Had a busy couple days & then today my yahoo mail didn't work all day so I didn't get my reminders to check in till just now.

Saw the Doc yesterday. Start back on the poison tomorrow. Wish me luck with the side effects, don't need any more of those. Been feelin pretty good other than a chapped ass. Not sure that's entirely physical.

Got up in the 60s today, felt like summer. The big pile the snow plow left across the road finally melted enough to expose the mailbox. Called the county road Supe. & asked him politely to have the post replaced & the box remounted. Hope that doesn't turn out to be just my opening salvo.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:32 PM »
Arcey, I'm sure you will enjoy passing on your endless list of recipes to the next generation.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2014, 06:01:52 AM »
Moanin' all. I'll start a pot ;)

25,WC 18 here. Sun's out. ::)

Got a new ink cartridge for the printer last night, have to install it in a bit. I've got some small sheet music to enlarge so us older musicians here can read it better. Cuts back on the excuses for wrong notes,though :)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2014, 06:33:15 AM »
The best of luck ta ya, Stu.

Mornin’.

41° ‘n rainin’. We need rain. The mud ain’t quite ankle deep yet.

High near 46°. Windy, with a north wind 26 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Shame ta waste the breeze ‘n overcast but I made the sacrifice ‘n stayed in yestitty. Got the April CAS shoot all wrote out. My turn again in July. Might bite the bullet ‘n get that’n done taday

Thanks for the thoughts on the pot, y’all. Makes the hurt easier ta bear.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »
Thanks for the coffee Buck!

Horse n dogs fed time to make some people food.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2014, 07:48:59 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

Picked up a trendle Singer from a computer customer for Mom last night.

'Tis 18 and overcast. "Cloudy. A chance of light freezing rain...snow and sleet in the morning...then a chance of light rain and snow in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 30s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 30 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2014, 09:41:58 AM »
What do Y'all think of this stage?

4 rifle targets
4 pistol targets
2 shotgun all at SASS min range
Target order on pistol and rifle is as follows
Shoot Pistol 1st, Rifle 2nd end with shotgun
Shotgun is double tap each target
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2014, 10:40:01 AM »
Major, That sounds like a good one. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. The temp is 46, with a high of 69.  The weather folks are saying that we are going to have wind today. It would not be March in Texas without a little wind. I slept in this morning. Victoria and I have had our Breakfast.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com