Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1820467 times)

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4360 on: October 13, 2005, 05:16:51 AM »
Stoney did not join the crew in search of the beasts.  He's a tracker of men.  As the evening wore on Del brought the tusks into his room and Stoney could hear him laughing.

"I think Del has sent the boys on a fools errand.  At least Tom did not start diggin that ditch around the place." ::)

Soon it was morning and Del and Slim had been gone all night.  Stoney made coffee for hisself and the FFG.   Eggs, and bacon in moderation since Trinity had been placed on the wagon.

Taking breakfast to the porch Stoney resume his vigil in his rocker.  Though convince the eli funks is a fantasy, Stoney keep his SxS close...just in case. ::)

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4361 on: October 13, 2005, 05:19:17 AM »
Delmonico says I'll stay here with the Rigby and guard the ranch.  Becareful ya don't end up in a marsh. ;D  Delmonico brings out some jars of pickles and puts them in the wagon.  "You all like pickles don't you?" ;)

Fir some reason I see a Arlo Guthrie song coming on ;D ;D ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #4362 on: October 13, 2005, 06:35:16 AM »
< Reader's note: In the unlikely case of Oli-phant attack Stoney might consider tossing the scatter gun and getting himself a .45-70, preferably a repeater, with very heavy and very very hard bullets.  ::) . Or, get one of those double rifles in banana size caliber, like Delmonico did  ;D >

Advertising

« Reply #4363 on: Today at 09:22:11 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4363 on: October 13, 2005, 11:05:16 AM »
Delmonico returns after shipping his tusks.  He just sits back on the porch and continues to eat peanuts and cover Duke with shells. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #4364 on: October 13, 2005, 11:17:02 AM »
Delmonico returns after shipping his tusks.

<Arthur's note: Dang! No ivory grips.>

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #4365 on: October 13, 2005, 11:18:31 AM »
Slim wakes with a start. He was havin' nightmares of charging elly-fants. The sun is waxing. He stirs up the coals and puts some buffalo chips on them. He gets coffee and breakfast started.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4366 on: October 13, 2005, 11:19:27 AM »
Delmonico returns after shipping his tusks.

<Arthur's note: Dang! No ivory grips.>
<Arthur's note: He sure knows how to take the fun outta it.  ::))
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4367 on: October 13, 2005, 12:21:10 PM »
Brazos comes ridin' out of the sun (like that man with no name guy, you know with the weird music playin).  ;) Sees the campfire smoke and sees ol' Slim rubbin' his eyes.  "Hey Slim what ya doin out here on the plain?  With that ol' 10 in you hands you look like a man on a wild goose chase! :D  ya got anything for breakfast?" ;D
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4368 on: October 13, 2005, 12:27:34 PM »
"Well, howdy Brazos. We'z on a wild elly-fant hunt. Del brought in this set of elly-fant tusks and was asceered of elly-fant attack, so we'z out here ta git 'em 'fore they attack. I'z got coffee and bacon and beans. Hep yerself. Ya wanna join our huntin' party?"

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4369 on: October 13, 2005, 12:50:29 PM »
"Well, don't mind if I do!" ;D  Brazos, moves his multi colored sir-ap-he, and pulls out a 45-70 long rifle with an equally long scope on it!  "Just happen to have this along with some dumb dumb bullits from that other toon movie" ;D  "We should be able to get us one of those big fellas with one of these. ;D  That is if they don't come to a screeeeeeechin' halt and fly the other way ifin' they see 'um first!" ;D  Brazos puts the long gun back and grabs his plate and fork and heads fer the fire.
Brazos Bucky

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4370 on: October 13, 2005, 02:51:24 PM »
With Duke covered with shells, Delmonico wishes he'd a kept Trinity and then he could have covered him also. ;D 

He also wishes he still had Mannheim, a goober-butter with honey samwhich would be right fine.  ;D

The thought of honey reminds him they is about out and it's fall, 'bout time to send Slim to find a bee tree and rob it, if he ever gets back. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4371 on: October 13, 2005, 03:17:18 PM »
<Arthur's note: Where ya gonna find a bee in treeless Newbrasssssssssssssky?>  ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4372 on: October 13, 2005, 04:29:18 PM »
<Author's Note:  down in onna da tree's along the river Slim. ;D  bout 75 feet up in a hollow cottonwood, ya ain't skeered are ya? ;D  We do have a state tree, the cottonwood. ;D>

Delmonico gets to thinkin' if slim don't get back there will be no hunny cause Slim is the only one (whisper on: dumb enough whisper off) brave enough ;D to rob a bee tree 75 feet up in a rotted out cottonwood. ;D

Knowin' how slim gets lost, Delmonico hopes he took his wireless laptop with him.  So Delmonico fires up the coal oil pewter and sents a message. to

www.silvercreekslim@bobwyreconnect.net

Slim down load this map:

http://fermi.jhuapl.edu/states/1895/ne_1895.jpg

The ranch is in Thomas county and west of Dunning and south ot Thedford on the south side of the Dismal. ;D

You headed straight north so you must be in Cherry county.

Delmonico.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4373 on: October 13, 2005, 05:15:05 PM »

Brazos notices Slim foolin' with this contraption hooked to a barbwire fence.  Sudden like, Slim's face goes ghostly white and his eyes get big as sausers! (like this -  :o :o).  He stammers, "Del gonna make me do this again?"  Brazos wonders what is going through Slims head cause Ol' Slim is sweating a river!

Brazos shakes his head and takes another fork full of bacon. ;D
Brazos Bucky

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4374 on: October 13, 2005, 05:40:20 PM »
in the mean while litl' rooster, who is not worried about any ellie fant attacks pushes the last of the cattle on to Sod Buster's claim. His crew hurries around and checks the gates and wyre. Heading to the soddy to leave a one third payment on the deal I have made with Sod Buster, $1000 US dollars. Explaining the other 2/3's will be paid when they are moved out taking to the railhead. In 100 days...Them cattle will fatten jest right and will be more profitable at the cutting end of this business. Kicking another snake out of the way, I advise Sod, that he might want to take a little of that money and get some shot shells and use a few on the nest of snakes at his home. I also tell him of the men  out looking to hunt the wild ellie fants...Only believing that Delmonico is up to one of his pranks.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4375 on: October 13, 2005, 06:18:42 PM »
Irish has Slim send a message to Del.  Thanks fer tha updated map, we wuz skeered we had took a wrong turn an wuz on another Continent, cuz we saw a sign whut sed Arabia next right!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4376 on: October 13, 2005, 09:30:26 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother comes downstairs and out on the porch, where she kicks Delmonico out of her chair. Bowing her head, she looks down to the shell covered Duke.

"Congratulations, yer a daddy! And in one fell swoop," she pauses to contemplate, "okie, maybe two, you've nearly caught up to Slim in the ranks of fatherhood. Daisy and Claire have twelve of your puppies upstairs on Trinity's bed."

Duke gets up, shakes off the shells and bounds upstairs. He leaps onto the bed to find the Frumpy Fairy Godmother spoke truly, for there are Claire and Daisy, with twelve nudging pups. Some are brown, some are chocolate, some are yellow, one is blue, and some are all mixed up. Claire and Daisy look at Duke, their eyes filling with pride and joy. Duke looks back at them, then at the puppies, and falls off the bed in a dead faint.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4377 on: October 13, 2005, 09:35:42 PM »
All of a sudden, the smell of fresh bacon snaps Trinity out of his spell.  He stands stock still for a moment, staring into space.  Then he drops the elephant poop and looks around.  "Whar em Ah??  Whar's tha house?  Whar's mah hang-up-baid?"  

Trinity is only now realizing that he has been taken along on some sort of expedition and begins to worry that no one remembered to pack a jug or five.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4378 on: October 13, 2005, 09:43:07 PM »
<Authors note: Delmonico packed several jugs but they have iced tea in them.  Years ago someone pulled that one on him, handed him a bottle of sourmash, he took a big swig and it was ice tea, with sugar, durnt near kilt him.>

After eatin' nuthin' but peanuts for 2 days, delmonico realizes he's in trouble as he hears a rumblin' noise. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  He suddenly heads for the Wedgewood and he don't want no goober butter. :P :P :P :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4379 on: October 13, 2005, 09:50:38 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother serenely follows Delmonico into the house, where she prepares food for the new mothers. Taking it upstairs, she nudges Duke gently with her toe.

"Wake up, Studly, you have to go get a job, think of all the new shoes you have to get!"

Duke looks up at her, then thinks of 24 pair of shoes and falls back over once more.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com