Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1828543 times)

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4280 on: October 06, 2005, 04:59:31 PM »
Slim and Stoney come back from Clear Creek. "Aunty Em ain't here, stranger, but Delmonico is."  ;D ;D ;D ;D With that said, Slim gets the "Mighty Ten" and climbs back in the saddle. "See y'all on Monday, I'z off to a Fandango on the Great River." He spurs his horse and heads northeast.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4281 on: October 06, 2005, 05:10:50 PM »
Tom sees a familiar looking toon pop up in the yard, he says something Tom doesn't quite catch and as Slim rides by he replies to the stranger.  Before Tom can call out his name Arcey clicks his ruby cowboy boots together three times and goes "poof".  Tom thinks to himself, "Dang I didn't know Arcey could count that high!"
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4282 on: October 06, 2005, 06:07:09 PM »
Delmonico says, "Salt water fish have a tough hide and the salt water won't pen-ee-trate." ;D

"Thanks I'll do beets also, gots a recipe I got from my Great-Aunt May." :'( :) 

He looks around and asks in a loud voice, "Every one does like pickles don't they?" >:( >:( :o ::) ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #4283 on: Today at 06:02:01 PM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4283 on: October 06, 2005, 08:09:19 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother raises a hand.

"I like pickles!"

Seeing a motion outside, she turns and looks out the window.

"Slim left early and I didn't get to say good bye!"

She sniffles sadly, then goes back to slicing cucumbers.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4284 on: October 06, 2005, 11:13:33 PM »
Delmonico says, "Slim left in a hurry this week and a day early, ya 'spose that nester done took a pot shot at him. :o  As Delmonico carries the last jar of picles to the cellar he tells the FFg, "I'm going to make a trip off to the north tommorow.  There is a creek up there I want to explore, Slim got the ridge-pole for the dugout up there, but I heard some rumors when I was out riddin' the train that time.  I just want to check the out.." ??? ;D ;) 

Delmonico goes to his office and checks out some maps on his coal oil computor.  He prints them out and rolls them up. ::)

Back out in the kitchen he tells the FFg, "fact is there is several creeks I want to check out up there, they all run into the Ni-o-bra-a river, some strange rumor 'bout that area." ??? ;D :D ;)  He then goes to packin' some grub and a small dutch oven. ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4285 on: October 06, 2005, 11:47:44 PM »
Seeing the two riders turn around and leave, the Sodbuster puts away the grub he was gonna offer to them.  They sure did an about-face and gallop off in a hurry.  Ya don't suppose they thought he was shootin' at them do ya?  There was a family of prairie rattlesnakes in the woodpile that needed killin'.  It is odd that the snakes are still around in the colder months but since the woodpile is next to the shack, perhaps it was warm enough.

It sure gets lonely out here....perhaps they will come back (not the snakes - the fellas).. Perhaps that Trinity fella will come by so we can make some corn squeezins.  Perhaps I should wander on over to that big Ranch House and see what is happening over there.  Perhaps I should build a snake-proof fence to keep out unwanted slithery guests.

Oh well...I guess I should hunt for more buffalo chips.  That Trinity fella sure likes 'em for some reason.  I wonder if he is a cosie?
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4286 on: October 07, 2005, 12:20:20 AM »
Delmonico writes Slim a note: "goin north to check out a rumor, might not be back on monday.  did you get the nester chased out?  if not why not?  how can ya be the foreman on a ranch if ya can't chase out a durned nester? "
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Delmonico packs his gear in the buggy, includin' his Sharps 50-90, his 8 gauge shot gun, his 1876 Winchester in 50-100, 2 Colts 45's, and an 1873 Winchester in 32-20 fer pottin' meat.  He adds plenty of ammo, the dutch oven and the food, bedding and warm clothin'.  Seeing the back of the buggy is saggin' he gets out a pump and puts air in the shocks. ;D  He then takes an extra spare wheel so he has two.  He adds grain for the mules, his wireless lap top, his tent, a chamber pot and the shocks break on the buggy. ;D  Loading the wagon instead he adds more grain for the extra pair of mules now needed, his maps, a compass and a ax. ;D

He will head out at dawn.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4287 on: October 07, 2005, 05:17:17 AM »
Slim is gone and Del has the wagon ready to go.  Stoney makes coffee, eggs, bacon, sausage, and blueberry muffins.  Taking his meal out to his rocker, he sits to watch the sun rise.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4288 on: October 07, 2005, 08:45:35 AM »
Delmonico wakes uplooks at the light, looks at his "Regulator" sees what time it is and says, "It's Dawn Somewhere" ;D and gets dressed and makes him breakfast. ;D

He cleans up the mess and heads out to the barn, hitches the mules and heads north accross the Dismal. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4289 on: October 07, 2005, 11:35:34 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother runs out on the porch in her nightgown!

"Hey!! He's taking the wagon and he broke the buggy!! Dang it, Delmonico, you've left me stranded!"

She shakes her fist after him, then takes out her wand and turns the mules and his hair colour to a bright orange.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4290 on: October 07, 2005, 12:39:51 PM »
Brazos looks down on the ranch from the hill above, sees Delmonico drvin' the wagon north.  He is just about to turn away his mouse colored horse when out of the corner of his eye he sees Dels hair change :o color. " Boy, that FFG can reach Del almost at any distance!"

Brazos saddlebags have enough grub fer a few days and his trusty fork, ;D so he gives a little spur to the mouse colored horse.  Ol' horse humps up, gives a little side kick with his hind leg and breaks into a lope off to the southwest.  "Think I'll follow the sun fer awhile and see where it takes me." ;)
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4291 on: October 07, 2005, 01:20:30 PM »
Irish awakes and starts to make breakfast. Then he hears the FFg yellin and hollerin about being stranded because of Del.  He walks out on the porch intime to see Del's mules and his hair turn orange he thinks to himself I'd better not drink any more of Trinity's Shine.  Irish then turns to the FFg and says Ma'm ya aint stranded ya kin use my wagon and team of Percherons.  Then he tips his hat to the FFg, at the last moment, he thinks about Del and he puts his hand over his hair.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4292 on: October 07, 2005, 02:32:46 PM »
There is a note on a pumpkin in the kitchen that says, "There are three mice in a cage in the barn, that way you can have two horses and a driver for you." ::) ::) ::) ;)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4293 on: October 07, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »
While the FFg is fumin' over the pumpkin and the mice, Herb's Buggy and Wagon Repair quietly comes into the yard, goes to the barn and fixes the shocks on the buggy. ;D

If the FFg would have looked out the window as he left with his wagon she would have seen on the tailgate: www.buggyrepair.com ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mean while about dark Delmonico has crossed the lake country, by-passed the marshes and has arrived at the head of Long Pine Creek where he sets up camp and cooks a Prarie Chicken he shot on the way in. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4294 on: October 07, 2005, 09:28:58 PM »
Trinity sits on the porch happily munching on some goodies he found in a bag.  "What kahnd of chips didja say these were, Sod Buster?  *Crunch*  They's good!"
Um....dried Buffalo Dung.  Does it taste good?  For fun you can fling them like Del's frisbees.  But they have a more practical use - fuel for burning.  They are more plentiful than firewood out here on the prarie, burn surprisingly well and produced an odor-free flame. I've never tried eating them though.  I would suggest taking a good long tug on your jug to get an extra kick. 

I have read that eating them could lead to heartburn, since they could be mistaken for chipped beef which is an item the military considers eatable and serves on toast with some gooy glop flopped on top. They call this indigestible delicacy SOS (‘S’ on a Shingle—the shingle being the toast).

With a worried look on his face he asks: "Did Ah hair someone say somethin' bout Korn?"
Yup...got some corn over at my place. Wanna set up a still? 

"You lookin' fer me?"  calls Trinity from the rafters.  Ah done seen a snake an' thought it were best if'n Ah hid up hair.  "Didja say somethin' 'bout SOS?  Mah momma makes the best there be.  Ah kin almost taste it now!  That gooey glop is the best part, ya know.  Too bad it don' 'gree with mah innards awll tha tahm!!"

Trinity looks over Sod  Buster's corn and agrees that it is good corn, but mentions that he needs access to water and a good hiding place.  He quickly explains how Delmonico is apt to taint the brew with his own favorite ingredient, Castor Oil!
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4295 on: October 07, 2005, 10:39:08 PM »
Delmonico pickets the mules and cleans up the camp, drivin' a wagon on a three day trip in one day is hard on a fella, even if this is just low quality fiction. ;D  He turns the lantern down on low and puts it on the wagon tongue and raises the tongue ip and ties it in place.  (A cosie always does this on the prairie to guide in anyone who is lost. ;))

He then goes into his tent and crawls into his bedroll. :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4296 on: October 08, 2005, 12:57:05 AM »
Two hours later Delmonico is awake and takin' a walk in the crisp fall night.  The brisk walk makes him break out into a song:

I'm back from the shadows again,
Out where an Indian's your friend
Where the vegetables are green
and you can pee right into the stream
(And that's important)
I'm back from the shadows again.
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

On his way back to camp he trips over something and brings his lantern near, what he sees makes him glad he didn't see it on the way down to the creek or he'd a most likely had a accident. :o :o ::) ;)

Hurrying back to camp he grabs the Sharps and the ammo belt, he builds up the fire, lights the other lantern and makes a big pot of coffee, there is no sleeping now, the rumors are true, they are here. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sittin' in the fire light gulping coffee to make sure he is awake, Delmonico gets his wireless lap top and types in:  www.rigbyguns.com   "Dear Sirs, send me, Delmonico, care of the No Name Ranch on the Dismal River, Newbrassky, one of you 8 gauge rifles for brass catridges, also send me 1000 rounds for it.  Send it as soon as possible. Delmonico"

As the Screech Owl flies off, (pigeons don't work nights ;D)  Delmonico adds a bit more of his precious wood to the fire and hopes morning comes soon, before they decide to come. :o :o :o :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4297 on: October 08, 2005, 06:43:52 AM »
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother oversees the repair of the buggy. While talking to the gents, they pretty much have her convinced to get a surrey with fringe on the top, and to make it a really frilly surrey so the boys won't be tempted to use it. She thanks them and pays them, and wanders back to the house, sighing over the pumpkin.

"Another fine mess Delmonico has gotten me into. Now I have mice to feed in addition to the dogs, The Cat, and Doris." She carries the pumpkin out on the porch and places it on a rail, then goes and gets the mice who give her a woeful "feed us please?" look. After feeding them, she takes the mice to Trinity's room where Daisy and Claire have made a messy nest of his bed. She doesn't worry much about The Cat, who has taken up residence on her window ledge.

The house is strangely quiet that evening, with all the folks scattered hither and yon. Not even the wall is talking to her this day. She makes a small supper for herself and eats it out on the porch.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4298 on: October 08, 2005, 07:21:38 AM »
As the evening progresses, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother continues to eye the pumpkin on the rail. After dark, she gets up, smiling and goes to the kitchen. She isn't gone long, and comes back with a sharp knife, a big spoon, some salt, and sheets of paper.

Taking the pumpkin down from the railing, she carefully cuts off the top and scoops out the gooey mess of seeds and gunk from the inside. The seeds she lays out on the paper, sprinkling them with some salt.

But she isn't done, yet. Her smile widens as she picks up the knife once more. In the morning, Frankenbird screams as he sees the apparition on the railing of the porch.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4299 on: October 08, 2005, 08:06:35 AM »
litl rooster rides up to the "Soddy" just in time to see Trinty clinging to the roof. Jumps off his sorrell horse Dos, and steps over 2 rattler's, extends his hand to Sod Buster. Tells Trinty to hang it up, I am not going to allow him any more water than already agreed upon. I begin to tell Sod Buster of a propositin. You see with the early snow and the slow moving trains, I now have to many cattle to move. I am prepared to offer you $3 a head, if you feed them your corn and pasture them on the fallow ground and water of course, for a period of 100 days. I also explain how if he does this properly of the values of the short grazed grass and manure, and issues of harvesting the Korn crop..If you are satisfied I will bring 1000 head in the first of the week, and we can re neogiate annually. So what do you say?

litl rooster now realizes that if he goes for this he will finally establish the first feedlot in Newbrassky and the Nesters will have a real market fer their Korn outside flakes in a box and squezzins.

Kickin' the 2 Rattler's out of his way he grabs the horn of his saddle and swings up in the seat.  Loping his short horse in a small circle, and Tellin' Sod Buster I will be headin over to the Ranch with No Name for a day or so, let me know. Then Trots off...Mumbling to his self...I seen many keep a guard dog around even a noisy rooster but never snakes....
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com