Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1828532 times)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4320 on: October 10, 2005, 07:55:39 PM »
litl rooster rides up to the "Soddy" just in time to see Trinty clinging to the roof. Jumps off his sorrell horse Dos, and steps over 2 rattler's, extends his hand to Sod Buster. Tells Trinty to hang it up, I am not going to allow him any more water than already agreed upon. I begin to tell Sod Buster of a propositin. You see with the early snow and the slow moving trains, I now have to many cattle to move. I am prepared to offer you $3 a head, if you feed them your corn and pasture them on the fallow ground and water of course, for a period of 100 days. I also explain how if he does this properly of the values of the short grazed grass and manure, and issues of harvesting the Korn crop..If you are satisfied I will bring 1000 head in the first of the week, and we can re neogiate annually. So what do you say?

litl rooster now realizes that if he goes for this he will finally establish the first feedlot in Newbrassky and the Nesters will have a real market fer their Korn outside flakes in a box and squezzins.

Saturday night, Sod Buster discusses the proposition that the "Boss" named Litl Rooster made with his neighbors.  Most all were against it as they felt they would loose control over their land and water.  Sod Buster, being smarter than the rest, plays devil's advocate and argues the rancher's point of view and urges them to think about it.  Money can be made and it is better to be friends with the cattlemen vs having your fences constantly cut and homes burned.  He reminds them of stories they have heard about huge herds of cattle stampeding through gardens and even houses.  He also reminded them that the local cattlemen could be thier friends and help protect them against "free rangers" .

On Sunday, the men met and discused this after church while the women sociallized and the children played.  They voted against it and told Sod Buster that he was crazy to trust the cattlemen - he was being set up.  Sod Buster didn't think so. 

Sod Buster felt that Litl Rooster had a good, kind face and he trusted him.  Sod Buster, being a good Christian, always believed in the Golden Rule and decided to put his trust in God that his impression of Litl Rooster was not wrong.  He is going to do this on his own.  He may alienate himself from his friends in the process but he is tired of living in the dirt with the vermin and insects constanty trying to take over his home.  He decided that he would head out in a day or two to speak to Litl Rooster, if he doesn't come back to the Sod Buster's home first.  But first he will rest.  He is tired from arguing with his neighbors, fighting snakes and vermin, and trying to convince that weird man named Trinity from eating the Buffalo Chips.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4321 on: October 10, 2005, 08:29:36 PM »
Trinity found nobody in the kitchen but did find corned beef on the stove.  As he was happily devouring the most tender beef brisket that he can remember having in a long time when suddenly he begins to think of Buffalo Chips.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4322 on: October 10, 2005, 10:10:11 PM »
Duke shows up in Delmonico's camp about dark and they have corned beef samwhices with no cabbage.   (It's a good thing Duke don't like cabbage. ;D  Dogs and cabbage are a dangerous mix.)

Delmonico is glad to see Duke, he can help guard against attack. ;D

Delmonico props the Rigby up against the wagon and Duke lays with one eye open.  Delmonico says, "Keep and eye out Duke, tell me if you see any.................................

<Authors Note: sorry Delmonico fell asleep, but Duke will watch for anything strange. ;D>
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #4323 on: Today at 05:27:45 PM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4323 on: October 10, 2005, 10:35:24 PM »
Soon, Duke is snoring happily away, dreaming of what he's going to name his kids.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4324 on: October 10, 2005, 10:35:52 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother catches Trinity pilfering their dinner and smacks his hands with a wooden spoon.

"Save some for the rest of us!"

Fortunately, she made plenty, so the household is soon stuffed with corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. Even Claire and Daisy ate their share, then pouted as they were sent out to the back porch for the evening.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4325 on: October 10, 2005, 10:40:30 PM »
With a full mouth, no, overstuffed mouth, Trinity looks up at the FFG, hurt.  He mumbles something unintelligible but the FFG understands it to be: "But why?".

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4326 on: October 11, 2005, 05:14:37 AM »
Tom watches Duke trot off down the road whining.  He looks at Stoney, "Dog doesn't know good Irish cooking when he smells it!"  Tom inhales deeply and sighs thinking about the magical repast that the FFg is preparing.
"Aye" Stoney also inhales. "Though I've never aquired a liking for cabbage, the corn beef is a meat strait from heaven."  Stoney arrives in the kitchen in time to see the FFG hit Trinity on the hands.  "Hey Tom, the FFG just saved our supper.  Let's eat."  "Thank you FFG.  This is some right fine vittles you made here."

Stoney handed a bottle of Irish whiskey to Trinity.  "This will make your hand feel better.  It's got the same "medicinal qualities as your squeezins." 

The next morning Stoney makes breakfast.  He fries some of the corn beef in a pan and mixes it with scrambled eggs.  Taking his plate and some fresh coffee to the porch, he sits upwind of Tom so the smell of corn beef will wake him from his slumber.

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4327 on: October 11, 2005, 05:34:29 AM »
<Arthur's question:  Is this the FFG? >

If it can't be nice, eaten, make money, create comfort or provide real pleasure.........kill it or trade it in on new one!

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4328 on: October 11, 2005, 06:49:09 AM »
<Arthur's question:  Is this the FFG? >

<Author's note: Naw, she isn't all that into skillet thwapping. On the other hand, I am! I may have to swipe that one to put into my signature! :D  A.L. >

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4329 on: October 11, 2005, 07:31:21 AM »
After enjoying a traditional Irish meal that tasted like it was made by the angels themselves, Irish enjoyed a marvolous sleep with dreams of Ireland all night.   In the morning the aroma from Stoney's plate makes him wake up craving Corned Beef Omelettes.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #4330 on: October 11, 2005, 12:28:01 PM »
Slim rides in and puts his horse in the barn. He takes the saddlebags and "Mighty Ten" to the house. He opens the door and yells, "Is anyone here?" He puts the Wiscoooooooooooooooooooooonsin cheese in the icebox. He sees the note that Delmonico left for him.
Delmonico writes Slim a note: "goin north to check out a rumor, might not be back on monday.  did you get the nester chased out?  if not why not?  how can ya be the foreman on a ranch if ya can't chase out a durned nester? "
Slim reads the note and contemplates his course of action.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4331 on: October 11, 2005, 12:34:48 PM »
Irish hears Slim poking around in thekitchen and wanders in. "You brought fresh cheese Slim, want me ta fix ya a Corned Beef Omelette?"
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4332 on: October 11, 2005, 01:36:01 PM »
"Thanks, Tom. That would be great. By the by, did someone gather eggs and milch the cow while I was gone?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4333 on: October 11, 2005, 02:27:50 PM »
"Thanks, Tom. That would be great. By the by, did someone gather eggs and milch the cow while I was gone?"
That the eggs I'm eating now.  Yer milch cow may need a good milkin' though. :o

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4334 on: October 11, 2005, 02:40:26 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother glides in to give Slim a "welcome back" kiss on the cheek.

"Don't worry, I milched the cow, she's fine."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4335 on: October 11, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »
Delmonico and Duke ride into the valley of the Dismal, a cloud of cabbage gas hangs over it, leaving a bluish-orange color. ;D

He rides up to the house, and throws the tarp off the wagon, reviling 2 el-er-funk tusks, 15 feet long.  ;D  

He hollors at the house,  "Hey, be careful when out ridin', the rumors are true, there are el-er-funks in Newbrasky.!  I got us an el-er-funk gun to protect us."   ;D ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4336 on: October 11, 2005, 03:50:07 PM »
"Thank ya, ma'am."
"Well, good. Don't want eggs goin' ta waste. And, don't want Bessie gittin' mas-tite-us."

Slim peeks out the door. "Now I can made ivory stocks fer my pistol."  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4337 on: October 11, 2005, 05:36:56 PM »
But Slim, these tusks means there is el-er-funks out here, what are we going to do? ??? ???  And they is huge by the size of the tusks. ::) ::) :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Stoney Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4338 on: October 11, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »
Can't the FFg use her flying plate gun ???  I forget what she call it.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4339 on: October 11, 2005, 06:55:39 PM »
litl' rooster leaves Slim a note...Note sez>>> Slim while you is cuttin' new pistol grips could I talk you in to making me a set?

Then saddles D.O.S. devils own son, and rides off to see if Sod Buster has made a decision, and leave him a good faith payment to get rolling.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com