Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1828641 times)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4420 on: October 14, 2005, 09:19:46 PM »
She gives a small smile and smooches him on the cheek. "That's settled, then. I reckon it's just the two of us plus all the dogs for dinner. Want me to cook?"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4421 on: October 14, 2005, 09:28:11 PM »
"Sounds, like a good idea, whats fer supper." ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4422 on: October 14, 2005, 10:17:38 PM »
"How about scrambled eggs mixed with sausage and cheese? There's still plenty of cheese left and Slim will be bringing more, if he's still alive, on Monday. I can pat out some tortillas to serve it on."

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Advertising

« Reply #4423 on: Today at 09:19:43 PM »

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4423 on: October 14, 2005, 10:38:05 PM »
With his hands covered with honey, Trinity's eyes glaze over and he smiles as he says to himself: "Mmmmmmm, Breakfast tacos..."
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4424 on: October 15, 2005, 01:18:09 AM »
Delmonico finshes loadin' the extra wagon after midnight, he has stayed up late and made three caskets and has added a few bags of lime, by puttin' lime over the bodies in the caskets this will help with any odors, because burnt bodies smell really bad.  Delmonico has packed a big picnic basket to take on the trip and it would be a shame to have to smell dead burnt bodies while eatin' it. :P :P

Delmonic also realizes that once again this is another mess Slim has caused.  First of all he don't realize eller-funks are ex-stinkt in Newbrassky.  Then if he would have taken Trinitys shoes with him, they would have not had to have been burnt, heck Delmonico loaded Trinity in the wagon, you'd of thought Slim could have loaded his shoes. ;D ::)

Besides that he could have went down to Kansas and cut that tumble weed afore it dried and blowed north.   Then he went right along the path it would take after it caught fire. ;)  'Sides that now the FFg ain't sure if he's got enough sense to not get burnt up in a prairie fire.

Yep once again it's all Slim's fault. :o :o ::) ::) ;)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4425 on: October 15, 2005, 07:43:16 AM »
For her part, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother spends her time fussing around the house, making sure everything will be all right while they are away. The new mothers go out for some fresh air while she changes the disgusting linens on Trinity's bed. Taking out more linens, she makes a nest of sorts on the floor for the puppies, who squirm around a while before settling in. Satisfied that they'll be safe, she packs her own bag with day gloves and work gloves, a heavy canvas apron (in case the bodies are burnt and nasty) and her work boots. Gliding down to the kitchen, she takes out two large squares of fabric and places some mothballs in each of them, tying the mothballs into the fabric. These small parcels are also placed in her satchel (in case the bodies are burnt and nasty).

Not knowing when Pete will return, she sets out the makings for coffee and pens a note to him, telling him where they are going.

Daisy and Claire scamper in when she opens the door, giving her a grateful look before they bound upstairs. As she loads the satchel, her parasol, and a lap blanket into the wagon, the dogs move the puppies back to Trinity's bed.

When morning comes, she's had little sleep and lines of worry etch her face.

"Duke's coming, too. If there's anything left of the bodies, he'll be able to find them." The image of Duke coming to her with a charred arm in his mouth fills her mind and she shudders, a tiny tear rolling down the side of her face.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4426 on: October 15, 2005, 12:50:11 PM »
A bit afternoon Delmonico pulls the wagon down into a crick bottom that was passed by the fire for loooooooooonch. ;D

As of yet there is not sign of bodies or a big alcohol burn mark. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4427 on: October 15, 2005, 04:23:16 PM »
As they finish loooonch they see Trinity off about 200 yards away in a tree, he's likin' hunny off one hand and fightin' bees with the other.   ;D ;D  Irish Tom is asleep under the tree and all covered with bee stings, snorin' away. ::)  Delmonico see's the wagon and one horse is missin' he figgers Slim made it home safe. ;D

Loadin' the wagon they leave them to their own devices and head back to the ranch. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4428 on: October 15, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
Back at the ranch Delmonico unhitches the mules and puts them out in the corral.  The caskets he puts on the porch by the Del-O-Lantern. ::) :o ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4429 on: October 17, 2005, 03:57:35 AM »
Delmonico and FFg return to the Ranch with No Name, finding a note on door.. Stopped by on the way back from Sod's...Seen the fire trail and the smoke sent wagon with water barrels and gunny sacks to try and stop it. No one here hope all are okay. Cute puppies :o but they sure made a mess of Trinty's room
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #4430 on: October 17, 2005, 10:34:23 AM »
Slim rides into the yard and puts his horse away. He takes his saddlebags and "Mighty Ten" to the house. He puts the cheese in the icebox and yells, "Is anyone home?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4431 on: October 17, 2005, 10:42:06 AM »
Delmonico hides in the pantry wonderin' if Slim saw the caskets on the porch. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4432 on: October 17, 2005, 10:57:59 AM »
Slim hears the pantry floor creak. He opens the pantry door to find Delmonico inside. "Morning, Del."
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4433 on: October 17, 2005, 11:07:20 AM »
"Mornin' did you stop by and get the other two on yer way back?" ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4434 on: October 17, 2005, 11:18:10 AM »
Irish wakes up to finds himself sore and itchy with little bumps all over his body, not quite sure how he got that way.  As he looks around a wagon crests the ridge with water barrels and gunny sacks on it.  He flags down the wagon and prepares to head back to the ranch, at that moment he looks up and sees that Trinity is still up in the top of the tree covered in honey and fighting the bees.  After calling him several times with no reponse Irish picks up a rock a flings it at Trinity, luck is with him and it catches Trinity right behind the ear.  Trinity loses his hold on the tree and as fortune would have it falls on the pile of gunney sacks.  After Trinity lands Irish removes the two buckets of honey from his arms, which are full to overflowing.  They ride the wagon back to the Ranch arriving shortly after sunset.  Trinity and Irish get the wagon put away in the barn and walk back toward the house  as they approach the front porch they once again behold the sinister Del O Lantern, now flanked by three coffins and they both promptly pass out!
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4435 on: October 17, 2005, 11:29:43 AM »
"I figgered they could find their way back by following the maps." Slim hears two thuds outside, so he goes to the porch and sees Tom and Trinity "sleeping" in the yard. "Del, they made it back. They were so tired they fell asleep in the yard."  ;D

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4436 on: October 17, 2005, 02:08:40 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother comes downstairs from tending to the puppies to give Slim a greeting hug. "We have puppies!" She whispers in his ear, "but I'm not sure I want to tell Delmonico, he might try to fricassee them."

She turns to look outside, then grabs her skirts in her hands to dash outside. She nearly trips over Irish Tom as she saves the honey from tipping.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4437 on: October 17, 2005, 03:06:11 PM »
"Thank ya, ma'am. Where'z them puppies? Good catch."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4438 on: October 17, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »
<Authors note:  Delmonico has studied the Native American way of eatin' dog a bit, but has never tried it, but Lewis and Clark did, Lewis loved it, Clarck hated it.  But a full grown dog is cooked just like any game animal, roasted, stewed or such.  Now young puppies that's another story, only served to honored guests and I will pass on that and further more we will not mention it again, not my idea of cusine.>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4439 on: October 17, 2005, 04:31:32 PM »
She comes back inside to place the buckets of honey on the counter. Licking an errant drop from her fingertip, she grins to Slim. "Upstairs in Trinity's bedroom. Come on, let's see what they are doing!"

<Author's note: Dang it, I thought I posted that over an hour ago and it went poof! And the Frumpy Fairy Godmother doesn't know Delmonico wouldn't cook a dog, not after cooping Duke up in a door and making him howl all night. So there. :P >

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com