Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132733 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2014, 06:28:02 PM »
 It's not RedBull that give you wings...it's has to be your first wheels,  lets see it  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2014, 09:43:51 PM »
Yeah. Pictures or it didn't happen Kid.  ;D

Have fun in that truck, but be careful. It's scary how fast a wreck can happen. Remember you're sharing the road with a whole bunch of idiots.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2014, 11:13:41 PM »
Here you go, fella's.  This is out, learning to drive the sucker.  It has a TOUCHY clutch...

I will admit to grinding the gears once, and killing it twice...  Guilty as charged. ::)

It is a 1994, 4x4, with a 4.0L V6.  That thing got's some oomph!
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: August 16, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »
My wife had that same truck, same year in Teal we bought new , sold it with 123,000 miles on clock in 99.
 I bought my Daughter a White 03 extended cab with the 3.0 , auto just before her senior year ( was a dealer demo )
sold that one to a neighbor down the road 3 years ago.
It had 130,000 then and it's still a daily driver for the guy. My sister had 220,000 on her 92 Explorer 4.0 , those V6 Ford motors have some legs. 
Point is, keep it under you, and drive like own and care for it, rather than like you stole it and it will serve you very well.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2014, 05:10:36 AM »
It's not RedBull that give you wings...it's has to be your first wheels,  lets see it  :)

Agreed

This day 45 years (1970) ago a left handed guiitar picker took the stage in the middle of a pasture in new york. Woke the masses to the Star Spangled Banner.  

Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2014, 05:33:29 AM »
The morning Cawffee and the Hot water are ready to drink. Enjoy!  I am glad has arrived, not bad for a freebie. The Ranger is a dependable truck. I never owned one, but I had a V6 Mustang that gave me good service. Keep the oil changed and it will take care of you.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2014, 05:54:43 AM »
Due to another thread here...I'm out in a short for some Banger's & Eggs
There is an English owned pub in town that does it up Ship-shape and Bristol fashion  :)
Then on to the gun shop to see what other mayhem I might do to my wallet.  :-\  

Yep you guessed it !  batch'n' it here , "she that must be obeyed" it visiting away this weekend  :D

I'll leave the Coffee in the pot on warm...  TTFN

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2014, 06:23:06 AM »
Lookin' for a decent Model 15 Smith of ya run 'cross one, M2.

Mornin'.

Rained o'ernight. Should give us a badly needed humidity recharge.

Ennyboy wantin' ta come ta duh beach it's safe. Bacteria level in the water's safe now. Swimmin's been prohibited all week but by Friday it was ok. Just in time for the weekend tourist invasion. It's a miracle.

In the various articles published 'bout it, we learned from the pilot (lower case intended) birds crap in the water. All this time I thought they only crapped on clean vehicles.

Don't werry, cuz. Buncha misses Thursday past. At least three P'ed. Thinkin' two others same stage I did. Flatboat had sumore ta give out if folks wanted 'em. Plenty left for the the next WP meetin'. Gotta fresh shipment of both for the get tagether it radar trap otherwise known as Waverly. N'er seen either club run low.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2014, 07:22:57 AM »
Bangers and eggs don't for get the crumpets.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2014, 08:03:11 AM »
Woke up to rain here, forecast says 60% t-storms all day. 20% t-storms tomorrow. Hope the 80% that is not t-storms is over Windy Ridge for the shoot tomorrow.

Arcey, glad to know the water's safe for tourists there. We have the same problems here at Lake of the Ozarks sometimes, say it's too many geese. Couple of summers ago, seems like there was a state park beach closed about every other weekend.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2014, 09:07:36 AM »
Bangers and eggs don't for get the crumpets.

I didn't, had it with butter'n' preserves , I'm stuffed  :)  no lunch is needed ....

Arcey, they have a M1937  ( S&W Model 1917 for the Brazilian Military & so stamped ) in 45 ACP....
Problem is it's been show piece re-blued ( looks like a S&W factory job ) and has N frame grips...
Not to mention it's consigned way over priced...

For the right price I'd consider it,  then restore it with M1917 grips , and shoot it with moons ...but the owner wants twice what I'd pay for it... I made an offer, some weeks ago...and NADA. Perhaps he'll come around... :-\

Mean while, I have my #3 & my Hand-ejector, my New Departure  , and my little M36

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »
I just put another pot of Cawffee on and some iced tea for later. No plans for breakfast as of yet. We went out to eat last night at our favorite Tex-Mex place. They had .55 cent margaritas and 7 oz Caronas for a Dollar. We had our fill last night, so I went back to bed after I put the Cawffee on.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »
Mornin. Slept in till 08:00 today, still adjusting to the back-to-school schedule & the late night practices.

Never owned a ranger myself, but know of a few that gave good service for a long time. Much better choice than a trans am IMO.

Had some Tex Mex at home last night. Did some burritos smothered in green chili & some tamales.  Even had some rice & beans on the side.  Believe I could get in trouble on .55 margaritas.

No definate plans for the day other than loadin some shotshells. Dove season's coming up & we've got a better crop of em than I've seen in years. Three different species of em in my yard at the same time yesterday morning.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2014, 09:50:38 AM »
Ain't questionin' the levels, PE, questionin' the timin' of the all-clear. Livin' inna city what wants a choo-choo. Gonna cost a ton. They double trash collection fees over two years then brag they ain't raised taxes.

Shoot Ks better'n Ns when I'm inna rush, M2. Lookin' ta find one ta put inta good shape for racin' rather'n a nice keeper. Want 'nother ta put inta rotation. 2 1/2” 66's turn next.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2014, 09:55:14 AM »
I'll keep an eye out then, they pop-up , sometimes X cop revolvers are seen....

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #255 on: August 16, 2014, 12:54:57 PM »
Mornin' y'all.

I'll put on another pot, for those who are so inclined.

Agenda for today is to go back out later, and master that stupid clutch... ::)  Maybe add some .45's and a squash into the mix.. :D

I'm looking at a Winchester 21 at the local pawn shop.  It's a 12ga, and seems to be in good shape, excepting the stock needs refinishing.  $160.  What y'all think?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: August 16, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
Rode Pungo. Nothin' goin' on at the Military Aviation Museum. Had a good crowd tho. Nice ta see that.

Hit the produce stands for some stuff. Found this ole gal it Cullipher Farms:

Body's fairly straight. Left door 'n fender ain't that bad. If someone can get to it 'fore the rust eats through it'll make a nice one. Interior's all there 'n looks original.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: August 16, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
Arcey, it looks like that is what they use to haul the produce to the stand.

Had the farrier this morning, just relaxing this afternoon.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: August 16, 2014, 03:49:15 PM »
That looks like a 3/4 ton to me, prolly a 55 or 56.  J and G Sales had some  bull barrel Model 64s with bobbed hammers for sale last week(trade-ins from a security outfit)

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: August 16, 2014, 04:28:18 PM »
I'd say if the hammers were bobbed after the trade in... The lawyers wouldn't like the hammers removed.
All the companies 4 i have worked for you were lucky to get 6 rounds.  They left the hammers intact.

I see this also the day in 77 elvis got tired of being a celebrity.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com