Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132538 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2014, 07:41:11 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

More of a chance of t-storms this afternoon. Other'n that it's the same as yestitty.

Am ashamed. Penance was a hunka beef with 'taters 'n mushrooms for dinner. Necessary cuttin' by Kyocera. All done in the l'il red one.

Prolly salad this evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »
I'm back, will read the news later, but I left the state of Kansas intact and helped thoroughly courpt the intern from Homestead national Monument.  He may get actually hired there in a month or two and he said if that happens he will volunteer to come make butter again next year. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
I fixed some toast for breakfast this morning and Victoria and I had hotdogs for lunch.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2014, 04:01:49 PM »
BLT's for lunch, watching the storms roll in. Horses put up for the evening.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »
Hey y'all.

Today was the first day of school...  I'm already quite ready to be done. :-[

'Side's that, t'ain't nothin' worth mentioning...

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2014, 04:22:06 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy! My hip was hurting and I could not sleep, so I put the Cawffee on.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2014, 05:01:11 AM »
Thank you kindly,  I'm stirring around too.... about the same reason, both shoulders are aching, knee is stiff and that's after a few days of PTO  ::)
Back to the salt mines, looking like busy will be the bi-word as several big shows on the horizon with 2 of them in Loss VVages. (sic)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2014, 06:40:26 AM »
Mebbe y'all should look inta the dietary supplement Anatabloc. Cures ever'thing.

Mornin', y'all.

See yesterday's weather report, taday's 'bout the same

Butchered some fresh produce for yestitty evenin's meal. More scraps went in the freezer bag for vegetable broth to use in soups when the time comes. It's gettin' closer by the day 'n I'm gettin' ready for a big, steamin' mug or three, full to the brim. 
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2014, 06:48:36 AM »
Thunder storms the past few hours.. Had some before the days changed last evening also.  The dogs don't seem to mind. I am sitting out on the covered part of the deck. Sipping my mornin cup debating if i want to call back into my boss- whom has left 2 messages for me to call.

Still have to take my BP med and vitamins.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

The fair is over fer another year. The kids did very well. All of them got a grand champion in something.
Still without water. Dad will be working on it today.
4.5" of rain yesterday and over night.  :o
'Tis 61 and overcast. "Humid. Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning... Then scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Patchy dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
Congrats to the Kids, Slim. I hope the water situation gets fixed soon. I gotta mow yards today, the grass has really grew since last week. I gotta get out there before the humidity gets any higher.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2014, 09:25:16 AM »
4.5" is a heap big bunch of rain.

Congrats to all the Slimettes and Slimsters
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »
Mornin' y'all.

Bad news...  I'll be making city trips 5 days a week. :o  These college classes that I'm taking (math 102 and Spanish 1), said Mondays and Wednesdays.  Went to first class yesterday, and the teacher to one says, "By the way, you all know this is a four-day-a-week class, right?"  and the other teacher says, "y'all be ready to have your first quiz on Friday.  I know the Syllabus only says Monday and Wednesday, but there are Fridays, too."
That sort of thing should be illegal. >:(

Weather is cooling off around here.  last night dipped into the low 40s, high 30s.  I quite prefer that, to lows in the 80s. :)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2014, 03:05:03 PM »
Enjoy this part of your life TK, the work you put in now will pay off later in life. School is also a lot easier than the working world. Get a good education to get a good job and a good retirement.

Muggy, misty kind of day around here, hoping Arcey's Fall will get here sooner than later.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2014, 03:29:11 PM »
TK, You need to spend a summer in Texas to appreciate those low 80s, it cools down to the 80s at night. I got the yards mowed this morning before it got too hot. I am watching a replay of the Skins/Browns game. Go Skins!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2014, 06:19:34 PM »
..............hoping Arcey's Fall will get here sooner than later.

Arcey's hopin' too. Want soup.

Give the offspring a 'Well Done!' from me, Slim.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
Ditto what Arcey said Slim.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2014, 02:04:08 AM »
My hip is hurting and I got up to take some Advil PM. I am hoping that they will kick in and I can go back to sleep.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2014, 06:15:53 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Mid eighties 'n sticky. 'Nother day in paradise.

Gonna find sumthin' ta do what don't make much noise. Don't wanna wake Tex up.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
Gonna make him mad shortly.... Gotta see if i can get the tiller running before it gets warm... Gotta a nice little Bama breeze going right now... Amplified by a fan on the deck... Coffee -feed dogs - refill Hummingbird feeders. Still have a few hanging in here.  Then till some want to plant some greens and stuff i only  see being used on cooking shows.

Was watching the redemtion chopped last night before i left for work, the ole' cowboy Kent Rollin's i understand got chopped in the final round again. His pocket knife cutting skills are amazing.
I didn't care for the first loser. But the 3 were neck to neck to me.
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com