Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132724 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:02 PM »
Some fords have a fuel pump cutoff switch that turns off the fuel pump in case of accident. It can be tripped by hitting a hard bump as well. Might want to check thew owners manual to see where it's located and check to see if it's been tripped.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2014, 07:20:02 PM »
I had one of those 4.0 liter V6 in my Mustang. Everything was Metric, so I had Togo to Sears and buy a set of metric wrenches and sockets.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:38 PM »
Some fords have a fuel pump cutoff switch that turns off the fuel pump in case of accident. It can be tripped by hitting a hard bump as well. Might want to check thew owners manual to see where it's located and check to see if it's been tripped.

Yep firewall drivers side on them little fords if i remember correctly
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2014, 04:11:45 AM »
I hope the fix on the Ranger won't be too costly.  The fire is banked and the Cawffee is ready to put on, the Hot water is ready to boil.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2014, 05:57:31 AM »
Thanks,TLD ;)

65, broken clouds here. I see lots of time on the mowers today ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2014, 06:07:35 AM »
It's 72 already at 6AM. Don't need a weather guesser to know it's gonna be a hot one today.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2014, 06:35:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 68 and cloudy. "Very warm and humid. Mostly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms in the morning...then partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the morning. Highs in the upper 80s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent. Heat indices to 97."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #388 on: August 25, 2014, 06:38:21 AM »
Mornin',

Right 'bout like yestitty 'n yestitty was right 'bout nice for an August day in these anxious times of global warmin' climate change climate disruption.

Got some goodies from Alice yestitty. Added bonus ta the trip, CPO selectees was doin' a car wash for their community service stuff. They was right up the street at a strip shoppin' place. Got the station wagon fairly clean.

The rimfire thing announcement is out. Gonna be happenin' it the West Point range on Sept. 3rd if ennyone's interested in a l'il competition. Sounds like a hoot.

The truck should be a great learnin' experience. I'd recommend purchasin' a quality code reader. The instrument will pay for itself as other parts of the 4.0 V6 power plant under the hood fail.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #389 on: August 25, 2014, 06:55:06 AM »
Big isolated shower here last evening. Helped cool it down some and raise The humidity some.

Need to wash and sanitize my Jeep. BTW 4eyed i did get a recall notice. For the latest round of recalls.

O'Reilly's NAPA the other will read your codes for free- if you drive it ro them.....got one needs reset every 6 months or so.

Today is my Friday... Weekend starts 2200
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #390 on: August 25, 2014, 09:12:47 AM »
I hear there is a active shooter situation at Ft. Lee on going.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #391 on: August 25, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
Mornin, thought the cool days might have been over this morning, but the breeze finally kicked in. Chores done, random errands for the rest of the day. Things are not looking well for the father of my BIL, he is in the hospital and has A-Fib, COPD, asbestosis and congestive heart failure. The doctors have given him 2 months to 1 year to live.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: August 25, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
News reports that the active shooter event has been resolved.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2014, 09:51:57 AM »
We are going to miss the triple digits today. Too hot for the rest of the Cawffee, switching to Lemonade. I had some toast for breakfast. Victoria is napping in the back.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2014, 10:05:30 AM »
The shooter at Ft. Lee is reportedly female. The disembodied voices on the radio say the “soldier” shot herself.

Reckon she may have been havin' a bad hair day what with the new, natural style regulations.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2014, 10:09:27 AM »
Did she shoot others?

Just read she was in custody-  some dumb @$$ at ap news stated she was disgruntle. Duh!
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2014, 10:23:21 AM »
Ain't heard of other casualties as of yet.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2014, 11:07:17 AM »
I'm here, getting ready for the work yard sale/ tent sale this weekend. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: August 25, 2014, 12:09:20 PM »
Must not be a bloody story. Disembodied voices in the kitchen didn't mention it in the bottom-of-the-hour nor the 1300 hours breaks. Don't think scared stupid because a crazy woman has a gun in your office space qualifies as news. Used ta happen in IA frequently, never any reporters around.

AP reports no one else injured. My sincere thanks to God for that.

Rumor has it as she pointed the weapon at herself she was heard to say, 'Don't laugh, you're next.”

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #399 on: August 25, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
'...Rumor has it as she pointed the weapon at herself she was heard to say, 'Don't laugh, you're next.”

a blonde.... huh ?

Made sketti , last night , had the leftovers for my lunch here at work..put in for a PTO day Friday
that will make it 4 day weekend... ;D
still have 100 hours to use before the end of the year....

Cooler today, but only by about 7 degrees ...spec it will rain this afternoon , usually does

what is it 25 days to fall more of the same ?  
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com