Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132264 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2014, 03:41:01 AM »
The 66 Gran Prix was another one that I still had. I love those old Pontiacs. I have an old friend that has a 67 Bonneville rag top with white interior and the alloy wheels. It is mostly original. His brother found it and bought and brought it back to the Panhandle. My friend had a red 67 Catalina ragtop that got totaled by a combine during wheat harvest. He kept the Catalina as a parts car.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2014, 05:56:28 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Heck with the weather, it's a great day! Ring the bell, school's in session! Toilet seats are up 'til 1500 hours! No game shows, soap operas, recorded  prime time dramas, celebrity contests ner reality shows runnin' incessantly throughout the lower levels of the house.

N'er was much on GM stuff. Had a few but no Pontiacs. Like our beloved past president 'n great democrat, Jimmy Caw-tah once said, 'I lusted after 'em in my heart,' but I was Ford oriented. Wanted a GT 350........................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2014, 06:38:15 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 52 and cloudy. Light rain overnight. "Mostly cloudy with scattered showers in the morning... Then partly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
Watch the count last evening. He was at  50 year of mustang thingy. 2014 ford shelby conversion. 800hp- msrp 125k it was SWEEEEEEEET!!!
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #424 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:18 AM »
1967 that was my Senior year ....

my short list for a car was . a  Mustang 302 ( think Bullitt ) , The Goat , an AMX 390 ( the 2 seater) , in that order
I never got any of them  :'(  course my dream car was the AC Cobra 427 ..needless to say ...NOPE !

I did club race various British sport cars ( MG, Healey's & Triumphs Spit's & TR6 ,  and a few Jap jobs too ( Datsun 2000 & Z  & Mazda ).... but Muscle Cars of the era eluded my ownership  :(
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: August 27, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »
I had my share of Fords too. I had a white 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint and a 64 Galaxie Fastback. I only owned 1 Mustang(Mach 1) with 4 speed.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #426 on: August 27, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »
I see an old Goat like that now and then, I have an instinct to line up on the rear bumper and push.  Love the scene in Apollo 13 where the Vette is dead at the light.     ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: August 27, 2014, 12:12:48 PM »
Had a girlfriend in high school who drove a '69 Goat with a duel gate shifter.  It was a rag-top & more fun than she was.  I had a '69 Chevelle, was at it's fastest with a Pontiac 429 out of an old Bonneville.  Traded it for a '70 Chevy shortbox pick-up & haven't had much use for a car since.

http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auctions_details.php?detail=147

This auction is coming up in a couple weeks.  Been driving past Bullock's twice a day for years.  Finally stopped last week when they had a '63 Impala SS convertable sitting out front.  Nobody was home so all I could do was look & wish, then I saw the sale bill.  I'll be there to watch it sell.

Got the PET scan results back :-\  Got three spots in my liver, one next to my tailbone where it all started, & one in my left lung.  Not surprised, but a little disappointed. Was getting used to living without the poison.  Won't see the oncologist till Monday after the auction, so don't know yet what the treatment schedule will be.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #428 on: August 27, 2014, 01:05:52 PM »
I owned a 67 Mustang with a 302, And a 70 &1/2 Z-28 with the LT-1 350 , couldn't keep a transmission in the Mustang and the Z-28 burned up.That was it for muscle cars until I got the Magnum R/T this year.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: August 27, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
Stu you will whip it's ass brother.

Funny them old cars. Plenty of restoration and custom shops ip and down Rt11 here.   I went and fed the spiders in my PO box. Guy pulled in next to me- whT look to be a old mersedes coupe. Another asked him about it. Sed it was a 29 MB on a shelby kit . I would have lost the nazi look for the 427 body....people with money.  ::)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »
Yep, but it puts up a hell of a fight.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: August 27, 2014, 02:16:00 PM »
Yep, but it puts up a hell of a fight.

We all here are in your corner
Mathew 5.9

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: August 27, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »
I just bought 'Ned Kelly' DVD ~ Heath Ledger on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000294TC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting Australian outlaw & bushranger

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: August 27, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Victoria and I had ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch. No clue for supper.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2014, 05:10:40 AM »
Mornin'.

Gonna be toasty out. L'il chance of rain. The guns'll make noise in it.

The 5.0 convertible I went middle age crazy 'n bought was my last. The l'il black one wasn't all that far from it performance wise. If I'd have sprung for the supercharger it'd been faster but all that was another time.

Have gotten the pang for something reasonable 'n sporty with a top that drops now 'n again. Kinda every time I see a Spyder with a for sale sign on it. I dig out an old insurance bill on the Mustang 'n get out the mood. That's akin ta takin' a cold shower when ya see sumthin' else ya want but yer better off doin' without.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: August 28, 2014, 06:42:15 AM »
Lol i have had more cold showers.

Anothet cool start to the day. The magic button on my phone says 93 for high.

M2 ned kelly wasn't mick jager in that also? It never looked like one i'd like, but i have watch other bad cinema.   
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: August 28, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
The Cawffee was good this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning. Another hot day. We have a 50 per cent chance for rain on Friday. I hope it happens.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: August 28, 2014, 01:14:33 PM »
No Sir, Not the Mick Jagger version , I understand that one  ::) crap

This was Heath Ledger & Orlando Bloom, I'm told it is not bad , though its more to the Robin Hood side of Kelly....and more
anti- British/Aussy govment  ...sorta like "Quigley Down Under- ish

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
There's good cinema?

There's good shooters. I, apparently, ain't one of 'em. Stages weren't hard but no one shot clean. The ole boy what wrote it got a procedural. Don't remember the last time I had five misses on six stages. If either of 'em hadda been hits I'd finished a position higher. Missed that by 2.27 seconds. That's a bite. Heck of a lot of fun tho. Fine folks ta spend the mornin' with.

East bound on 460 one of 'em hit the brakes right quick 'n pulled onta the shoulder with the international parkin' permits flashin'. Whoaed up the station wagon. Turnt it 'round in the BBQ hole's parkin' lot. He's still sittin' there. Got back to 'im 'n whilst I was waitin' for a break in the traffic he drove off. Don't know what all that was about. The car ain't the sort given ta breakin' down.

All the Remington primers went off. One I hadda hit twice, coulda well been my missed position. Be glad when they're gone. Less than 3,000 left.

Had cloud cover some of the time 'n a l'il breeze now 'n then. Warm, but a good day ta get August behind us. September could be good or bad. Then again, it could rain out. On ta the rim fire thing next week. If it don't rain.

Did left over ravioli 'n a small salad. Ready ta crap out now. Been a long day.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: August 28, 2014, 06:33:01 PM »
Well, the big truck crapped out yesterday. Was doing my park check and when I went to turn into the last street to get home, it gave a big lurch and then just crawled up the hill. No big jump in revs, just didn't want to go normal. Let it set for about half an hour, then the Boss came up and we took it for a spin. Seemed to work right, but had a light on in the dash. Boss decided to get it up to the Chevy dealership for a check. Got the word today, tranny module is bad. Gotta order the part and then drop the tranny to get it in......$1500 in repairs. The beast works great most of the time, but this is the second electrical contol failure this summer. I'll be doing my rounds in the car all weekend, might be ready by Tuesday. Not a big fan of GM's electronics at the moment ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com