Author Topic: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens  (Read 132344 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hot August Nites and days Coffee and left overs from the gardens
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2014, 07:24:27 PM »
Another triple digit day, here in the Metroplex. Burgers on the patio grill for supper.Victoria is on patrol in the back yard. She barks at everything that comes down the alley.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2014, 05:57:00 AM »
The Cawfee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy!  The iced tea will be brewed later. It's still dark outside, but hot.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2014, 06:23:02 AM »
Thanks for the coffee- been raining pretty steady off and on this weekend. It is 74 with 94% humidity.  Hummers are busy already and it is hardly light out.

Mathew 5.9

Advertising

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2014, 07:46:36 AM »
Mornin, y'all.

Guessers say 'bout eighty 'n clear. Bonus day for the second Saturday CAS thing yestitty. Low eighties 'n cloud cover. The humidity wasn't hard ta deal under those conditions.

Got home 'n found she'd picked up some pretty nice hunks of cow whilst I was away. Broiled the things. Ate too much. Ain't in much of a desire ta think about this evenin' as of yet.

Been awhile since I was showin' the 'Bird in AACA events. The 'money' mid-fifties Chevrolets were the '57s at the time. What I wanted when I was a kid in the mid-sixties cuz they were THE car ta have. Couldn't find one I could afford, second choice was a '55. Got one them.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2014, 08:50:17 AM »
I wish that I still had that 56. I bought a 55 2 door post with engine problems, I found a rebuilt 235 six to put back in it. It had a 3 speed and overdrive. I made enough money on it to buy a 57 210 4 door, and sold it to finance my next trade. My Dad taught me a lot about auto mechanics, he would help me when I got in over my head.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2014, 09:01:56 AM »
I always liked the 55 body style best.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 113
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got a sick boy.  :(

'Tis 63 and sunny. High of 84

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 431
« Reply #147 on: August 10, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »
Put in a pretty good OT day on the Atlanta Rush job....not quite were I wanted to be built wise, but maybe It was more wishful thinking than reality in what I could make a dent in construction wise ....
But it was close  :-\  

Bought the guys lunch , fried yard-bird, slaw & 'tator salad from Publix w/ Pepsi , Sprite or tea ( I wanted the Tea )
all in all a nice treat.  There were leftovers so I brought a bit home for dinner last night.
All that chicken, (tryptophan) made me sleepy so,  I was in deep rem slumber by twilight:30  :-\ before dark anyway .

Relaxing today, maybe watch the Glen road race , and soak in the pool , still have some of that chicken too  :-X

sending well wishes  :) Hope the Boy is on the mend,  Slim

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2014, 09:31:51 AM »
Feel better soon, sick kid of Slim's.

I certainly didn't object to the '55. Took the original motor outta mine 'n rebuilt it. Old man didn't like it – no oil filter. Found a 283 inna '59. Rebuilt that one 'n stuck it in. That, I didn't pay for.

Hadda doctor in the club. Had several '57s in various configurations, all frame offs. Two door hard top, Nomad, a convertible 'n others. He, or whoever maintained 'em, would stick a short length of hose on the radiator draincock. Keep 'em from dribblin' on the pan under the radiator when they drained 'em. I'd get picky 'n gig 'im for it when I judged a show. 'Bout all ya could find ta deduct points for. Didn't come off the line that way.

If I were a youngster taday, I'd wanna Trans Am. Wouldn't mess with the motor. Putta bird decal on the hood ta increase the performance.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: August 10, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »
I would not mind a TA, the SD 455 model(71 or 72) or a 69 or 70 Z-28. My wife better hope that I do not win the PCH contest, I will purchase numerous classic cars.

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »
Got no use for a trans am or a camaro or a corvette. I'm a truck guy. Got my eye on about a '56 model Chevy 1 1/2 ton. Got a grain box & hoist, straight six with a 5 speed & a 2 speed rear end.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: August 10, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »
Drove many with a 2 speed rear end all makes including Mack and IH both w10 tire models and many ton n half to duce n half. Some with shifter on the floor some the magic red knob.
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Got no use for a trans am or a camaro or a corvette. I'm a truck guy. Got my eye on about a '56 model Chevy 1 1/2 ton. Got a grain box & hoist, straight six with a 5 speed & a 2 speed rear end.

That's kinda like me, I have a '53 Chevy one ton out back, haven't done anything to it in years, though, except move it home from the old family farm to keep the scrap thieves off of it. They got the radiator and grill before I moved it, though..... >:(

Also have a 1600 IHC with 304, 4&2, grain bed that we used to use on the farm, haven't done anything with it either for years, and a Studebaker 1 1/2 ton, with grain bed.....but problems getting the title transferred.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: August 10, 2014, 01:30:48 PM »

Always wanted a 46 Ford stake bed.  With 6.0 liter fuel injected 6 speed disc brakes. Oh yeah on a 4x4 frame and drivers
Mathew 5.9

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:31 PM »

Always wanted a 46 Ford stake bed.  With 6.0 liter fuel injected 6 speed disc brakes. Oh yeah on a 4x4 frame and drivers

Sounds fun, & expensive.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: August 10, 2014, 04:53:50 PM »
Sounds fun, & expensive.

That's the one i'll use the trade in from winning the OFSDAR MATCH at  Pungo them fellas give away escalades and some nice rides. :)
Mathew 5.9

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #156 on: August 10, 2014, 05:29:04 PM »
Afternoon y'all.  I'll offer up some tea and a bowl of sugar for the group.

Well, I'm a little sore right now.  I was out taking care of "the farm"  this morning, throwing some scratch out for the turkeys out of a glass cup, when April the puppy comes barreling around the corner towards me.  I didn't think anything of it, because she usually goes around, or stops, but this time, she hit the back of my knee, folding it under me like a wet rag.  Well, I couldn't drop the cup on the rocky ground, so I threw my left arm out to wrap around a fence post.  I caught it, and spun around a ways, coming to an abrupt stop...  right on the gate latch.  The latch hit my 5th and 7th ribs, and I'm fairly certain they're bruised nicely.  Right now, 6 hours later, it's still a scabbed, red mess.  Can't lift my left arm much higher than head height.  :-\  I'm too young to be having  debilitating shoulder issues! >:( ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2014, 07:10:11 PM »
Walk it off  ;D
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2014, 08:44:44 PM »
TK, old tin cans are best for feeding the critters, nothing to break that way. Coffee cans were the best, but of course they are all plastic now, but still work fine. Better than using the fine china... ;D

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »
That's the one i'll use the trade in from winning the OFSDAR MATCH at  Pungo them fellas give away escalades and some nice rides. :)

That ain't quite true, Roo. We'd never give away one of those things. We give our clean shooters a higher quality Lexus. We don't have one at the moment because I've been unable to find a new one runnin' with the keys in parked in front of a 7-11 within walkin' distance of the house. Red Cavanaugh got the last one while someone we all know 'n love on this board missed it three straight matches with a total of four lousy misses.

First time in my vehicle ownin' life I've gone this long without a pick up. If I live long enough to wear out the station wagon I'll prolly get another station wagon. Been threatenin' to put a hitch on it 'n buy a utility trailer ever since I bought it. But, hell. What I'd pay for what I want will buy a lot of deliveries of large, heavy items 'n someone else has to do the liftin'. 'N I ain't gotta store the trailer when I ain't usin' it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com