Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1300502 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3740 on: February 16, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
I was glad to see Hamiln to win, also glad to see 24 and 48 not finish the race. I am really ready to see the 150s next week. Imam ready for the NNS and Truck series as well.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #3741 on: February 16, 2014, 03:07:53 PM »
I had said at the end last year (after the Chase BS gifts by NASCAR)
" I probably won't watch or pay attention this year...and did not watch the Homestead final.
   well, I didn't bother the other night, nor did I watch qualifying today...

But ( darn it ) I still seem to want to pay attention to the results   :-\

So is there anybody else thinking  ...last years Pole by Ms. Patrick was a script , hype , for NASCAR ? ...and this year the "Rookie in the Grand return of the # 3...."
Heck... even Furniture Row, to add more interest in the Little Engine that could.

Press, Hype , SELL the Big Show , Daytona is NASCAR big showcase... "Best we SCRIPT IT "

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3742 on: February 16, 2014, 04:00:17 PM »
The Childress stuff’s been fast thru practice. Ain’t thinkin’ anything’s up with it. Whether er not the folks hatin’ the three bein’ back ‘n/or the Harvick fans think Dillon can’t drive because he was born the grandkid of the owner, the kid can, in fact, drive a stock car. Think it was straight up.

If the 88 ‘n 3 had wound up on the front row I’d been tossin’ the bull poo-pay flag.

NASCAR sher is hell didn’t want Hamlin dominatin’ that thing last night but they didn’t mess with it. ‘N they sher is hell didn’t want the werld ta see the Holden pace car on fire ‘n gettin’ drug off onna hook. (I know, I know. It weren’t the car it was the add on stuff but it still looked bad on the bow tie.)

I’ll see what shakes out next Sunday. In the interim, I’m with Tex waitin’ on the NNS ‘n trucks.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #3743 on: Today at 03:14:46 PM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3743 on: February 17, 2014, 04:23:12 AM »
There is a whole lot less hype in the NNS and the Truck series. More parity as well.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3744 on: February 17, 2014, 05:08:39 AM »
I don't know, the cars all competitive, within tenths of seconds , it's when they start to react against the air and one another is when the real test is....

I just think the set-up is preordained .... best newsy item is the return of the #3 and the Grand-kid....Note: the photo of Dale Sr. & the Kid in the winners circle in 98.... and Grand-dad's Claim he asked Dale Sr. , "if the kid could run the #3 if he ever made it to NASCAR"

Can't hurt to give the under funded team FR and Truex a bone ... NASCAR pretty well screw him last year.

They are defiantly, milking it .... like the First Female to win the Pole ....it sells tickets .

I'm not arguing... perhaps it's just the way it played out , or "Ol" Dale's Ghost was along for extra juice , but still
Hollywood could not have written a better script.... JMHO  :)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3745 on: February 17, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »
Lotta truth in the Petty comments a couple weeks ago. Patrick ‘n the show. His comment, in 'n of itself, was hype for both. Nothin' much was bein' said or scribb;ed 'bout Patrick since the comedian thing durin' the dinner.

Some tech dude coulda give RCR a plate with bigger holes. Coulda done it for Haas last year. Either er both. Ain’t findin’ this’n as suspicious as the last.

Watch the phantom debris flags.

Just me.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3746 on: February 17, 2014, 05:45:27 PM »
I am hoping that Knaus and tricky Rickie are loosing a lot of sleep because of their engine woes. It seems funny to me that the engine woes are the engines furnished by Hendricks to other teams, and not the engines for the four HMS cars.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3747 on: February 21, 2014, 06:53:05 AM »
Nice example of car control by Bowyer yesterevenin'.

Thinkin' it was stick back a bit then slam it ta the left. Nice barrel roll. Landin' was a bit rough but she taxied ok afterwerds.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3748 on: February 21, 2014, 07:25:33 AM »
May wanna take yer blood pressure pill 'fore ya look at this, Tex........

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3749 on: February 21, 2014, 09:32:22 AM »
nothing attached
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3750 on: February 21, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
Showin' on the three of 'em here....

Try it direct.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg4PKteCYAAQXHE.jpg:large.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3751 on: February 21, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
Arcey, I have never been a big fan of Texas A&M, I am sorry to see how low that they have sunk, to have to sponsor a car driven by WW.  I was told that I was only half an Aggies because I went to college at Oklahoma Panhandle State University(Aggies).

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3752 on: February 22, 2014, 07:16:50 AM »
Thought that was a damned well timed move by Peters yesterevenin’ ta get up front. Almost paid off in a win for ‘im. Didn’t think Busch could get back by ‘im off four but the JGR motors have been stout throughout week. Maybe if Peters had ignored Sauter flyin’ in low ‘n kept pinchin’ Busch towards the fence it would have been different. Then again if he had Sauter may have won the thing.

Enjoyed the heck outta the last few laps.

40% chance of rain this afternoon means there’s a 60% chance taday’ll go off on time.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3753 on: February 22, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »
looking for 30% at noon today temps in the mid 70's chances grow till 8 pm Tomorrow more t-storms and 80's

1 day

diggity
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3754 on: February 22, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
I completely missed the Truck race last night. I had some problems with the DVR, so it did not record. I am hoping to watch it on replay.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3755 on: February 22, 2014, 12:04:41 PM »
Just a question in my mind...

220 MPH in 69-70 Superbird  Stock Car  @ Daytona or Talladega

or

one of these new Gen 6 Race car @  the same venues

which of these do you think was the tougher beast to handle....

I tend to agree with Petty , pretty girl's best chance to WIN is if no body shows up ...
not say'n' she won't win , maybe a rain shorten event or if 1/2 the field is in the Big one.

I believe I'd watch Petty & Danica in match pair of super-speedway superbirds ...

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3756 on: February 22, 2014, 12:22:44 PM »
Those cars were BEASTS to drive back then.  Power steering was not used and only bias ply tires were used.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3757 on: February 22, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Big block Hemi's,427 Fords. Cubes rule ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3758 on: February 22, 2014, 06:36:40 PM »
That’s Tony "They get upside down. It’s no big deal" Steward’s cash cow Petty was bad mouthin’. He had ta say sumthin’.

Someone suggested he was just "blowin’ ‘smoke.’" That’d be a sight……….

I hope he's all healed up so he can get back in the dirt car real soon.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3759 on: February 23, 2014, 01:51:40 AM »
Those Sprint cars can kill you. A 100 inch wheel base with 750 Hp engines, a receipe for disaster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com