Author Topic: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football  (Read 1300501 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beer Drinkin', Racin' 'n Football
« Reply #3660 on: October 29, 2013, 08:06:45 AM »
The Chase has been watered down this year by Nascar manipulation.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3661 on: October 29, 2013, 08:48:07 AM »
They’re pandering to a fan base represented on this board by an individual we haven’t seen for awhile. I can understand their desire to appeal to these people because they’re taken by media fueled celebrity worship and tend to spend money on the show and adjunct items, otherwise known as souvenirs, and/or junk. Each overpriced item changing hands brings a licensing fee to NASCAR.

The people like me aren’t interested in that. We’re interested in racing. For us, the unfortunate part is NASCAR is a business. Obviously they believe the path they’re taking is more profitable. Until it hurts the bottom line they’ll stay with trying to appeal to those who have to have the latest “Joooonyer” poster to tape on the ceiling over their beds. We lose. And, eventually, so will NASCAR.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3662 on: October 29, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
Well said Arcey!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #3663 on: Today at 03:08:06 PM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #3663 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »
Not sure how many races at left this year... but I see it played out like this.....

A three way going into Homestead, Johnson, Kenseth & Gordon
The hype will set the stage, anyone of them could win , Just as they will be spouting.

I think it in the books already, unless Gordon has car failure, then it's Johnson ( and they are in on it )
If Kenseth lucks in, NASCAR will find some reason to stymie him....

I say the 2013 Cup is gifted to Gordon.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3664 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:45 PM »
I have lost what little respect that I may have had for Nascar.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3665 on: November 11, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »
Thoughts on the Dolphin situation.

Don’t know what’s what. Hearin’ one thing from the media I tend to dismiss as PC ‘n other stuff from the players ‘n fans.

What I’ve gotten outta the whole thing I’m certain of – I don’t want an adult playin’ on my team that runs home to momma because he feels bullied. I don’t want a man individual on my team so physiologically fragile that he possibly can be bullied by his own team mates. Can one imagine behavior such as this out of Larry Csonka, a legendary Dolphin?

I've noticed, too, because it’s my team under assault by the media ‘n the hypersensitive loons they employ, since this crap broke I ain’t heard a whisper about the name “Redskins.” That’s a good thing. The Dolphins situation has provided another cause for the whiny bunch of panty-waisted, thumb-suckin' bastards to cry over.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3666 on: November 12, 2013, 09:05:12 AM »
There is a lot of parity around the league this year, Seattle, KC, and Denver are the best teams so far. The rest is a toss up.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3667 on: November 16, 2013, 03:02:17 AM »
The big finality to the Rick Hendricks benefit , dog & pony show ....

Ol 5 time will be 6 time ... thought I'd sure like Kenseth or even Harvick snatch the win , dare I say Championship  ::)

I won't be watching, OH ! I guess I'd look to see who did what , but I'll be elsewhere involved.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3668 on: November 16, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
I read yesterday that Dario Francitti is retiring from Indy Car. I guess that the injuries that he suffered were more serious than I thought. He is my favorite Italian Scotsman.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3669 on: November 16, 2013, 07:39:48 AM »
It hasn’t been difficult to leave it alone.

If Johnson, Kenseth or Harvick wins it, and one of them will, at the very least they earned their way in. Of  NASCAR’S two preferred choices, Gordon’s out and  Newman’s proven to be a joke.

Wake me in March for Phoenix. Should be interesting to see if the thief relegates Gordon back to fourth string and promotes Kayne back to the heir apparent.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3670 on: November 16, 2013, 07:52:37 AM »
I read yesterday that Trevor Bayne has MS. I really hated to hear that. I hope that it does not affect his driving.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #3671 on: November 17, 2013, 06:01:00 PM »
I wish Trevor the best

Looks like it is all over but the crying for 2013

Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3672 on: November 17, 2013, 07:43:35 PM »
Saw Hamlin won.

Now that the season’s over, hope the boy goes straight to the hospital ‘n gets his back fixed.

I know what bein’ afraid of the surgery is. Been there, done that, got the screws, rods, posts ‘n stuff in me to prove it. Thing’s are a hell sight better after ya heal up. 

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3673 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »
I did not watch , I figure (correctly ) it was settled weeks ago when Gordon pooped and NASCAR threw the other Hendricks trump card.

I heard the cautions, and yellows benefited 6 time , every time ....

They have crowned the Modern Day Champ... and I dare say he will eclipse Dale , and King Richard in championship though his are scripted ...  theirs were earned.

good for Hamlin

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3674 on: November 18, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »
There are rumors he might retire M2, he might not try for another.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #3675 on: November 18, 2013, 01:03:40 PM »
Just rumors, guys.

Roo mentioned on another thread that the Brownies got spanked yesterday. Defense did well, offense was.......offensive. :o ::)

Anyone taking bets on what the Brownies are gonna do with some of those first round picks? ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3676 on: November 18, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »
When his retirement is announced along with his farewell tour, a dozen different paint (wrap) schemes and matching die cast models for each, ball caps of different descriptions and each officially the one-and-only, tee-shirts, jackets, bobble heads, coffee cups, Kentucky Fried Chicken collectors’ buckets, maybe even a Jimmie Johnson edition Holden Commodore and Lord knows what else for fools easily parted from their money to buy – I might believe he’s retiring.

When I see Johnson in an ESPN fire suit on pit road with a mic in hand talkin’ NASCAR dictated stupid sh*t (ala Andy Petree – ‘You X-Games fans out there, Pastrana is progressing.’) while the drivers are belted in, the nets are up and the motors runnin’ – I’ll believe he’s retired.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3677 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
I thought LIT meant Gordon  :-\   
I expect he'll continue with Hendricks as a co owner....

Johnson is going for immortality ...and Hamlin needs to get his 1st.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3678 on: November 19, 2013, 11:36:15 AM »
I did not watch the cup race at Homestead. I am sick of the shady deals. I am only watching Nationwide and the Truck series next year.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3679 on: November 19, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »
I believe I'll steer clear of all NASCAR ...

I'll watch Indy &  the 2 @ 24 hours races ... Sebring if I can find it
Maybe a few Continental Races.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com