Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1191211 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #1700 on: November 04, 2008, 09:15:48 PM »
I;m on a fixed income and that ain't much.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1701 on: November 07, 2008, 02:30:36 AM »
This just goes ta show ya ain't never too old.  I swear it sounds like the original recording.  I have no idea what got me thinkin about the Fleetwoods, but I'm glad I did.

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1702 on: November 07, 2008, 04:52:01 AM »
Leo, Everytime I hear that song by Fleetwood Mac, It makes me think of Slick Willie and Hillary. Then I get sick at my stomach.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #1703 on: Today at 06:22:52 AM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1703 on: November 07, 2008, 10:25:58 AM »
Fleetwood Mac and the Fleetwoods er two differnt animals entirely.
     I hated that Don't Stop song way before Bill used it.  It's just lame.

Leo

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline shieldsmt

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1704 on: November 07, 2008, 11:21:43 AM »
This is a facinating thread.  Never thought I'd really want to shoot long range with my '73 24" 44WCF, but it is grabbing me now.  Also have something to add here.  Should interest those who've been hesitant to hunt with the 44wcf, thinking it is wimpy.
we looked over the ballistic charts in the Speer Manual and guesstimated the BC of the stubby bullet at .12 and the velocity at 1300 and looked at drop stats.  Shot at a 12" steel plate at 50, 100, 150, 200.  Then decided we needed to go every 20 yards because these bullets drop like a shotputt.  Once we had a basic idea of where it was shooting, my son took it out for antelope on our ranch.
He took one at just over 200 yards, don't know who was more shocked, the antelope or him! Kind of a semi-educated Hail Mary shot.
Of interest to hunters or potential hunters - the bullet was 20-1 soft, .430 dia. to fit the rifles .429 bore, lubed with SPG, case filled with as much FFFg Goex (32 year old can of powder that saw Montana cold and heat every year) and compressed at least 1/8", Winchester Mag primer and Winchester brass.  Assuming 1300 fps or slightly less?  The bullet crashed through the center of a rib on one side, ripped up that sides lung, destroyed the top of the heart and aorta, went through the off side lung,went through the center of another rib and kept on going to points unknown.  The animal dropped in its tracks, kicked for a while and expired. 
Two days later,I took a mule deer buck, around 220 pounds body weight.  95 yards distant.  Again, full through and through penetration through the rib cage breaking ribs going in and out.  Bullet kept on going.  It walked off 10 yards and dropped.
Don't hesitate to hunt with your 1873 or 1892. 

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1705 on: November 07, 2008, 11:36:05 AM »
That there song I don’t remember it all………
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1706 on: November 07, 2008, 11:49:35 AM »
Me thinks it may be on the wrong thread.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1707 on: November 07, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »
He saw. It’s copied o’er in the den. Was a good huntin' story.

Done it once er twice myownself. Go back later ‘n wonder why yer post ain’t there.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1708 on: November 07, 2008, 01:10:17 PM »
I thought I had lost it there fer a moment.

Glad ta know I'm OK.  Stuff like that happens on a site as big as this one ;)

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1709 on: November 07, 2008, 04:01:42 PM »
I'm OK! You're OK!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1710 on: November 07, 2008, 05:04:01 PM »
Ya know what's worse than a Fleetwood Mac Song?
A Fleetwood Mac song by the Dixe Chimps. :P :P :P :P

We used to have a Rock and Roll station here called KFMQ, started out doin' album rock in the Good FM days, slipped and slided, back when "Rumors" was on top of the album  chart, the koke was the FM stood for Fleetwood Mac cause every other song was from Rumors. ::)

That station pretty well cured me of FM and Steely Dan, they had other music, but seldom playedit. :o
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1711 on: November 07, 2008, 06:53:32 PM »
That Don't Stop Thinking about Tomorrow song makes me think of Hillary and Slick Willie. I get sick!

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1712 on: November 07, 2008, 09:04:32 PM »
I despise Steely Dan >:(

Can't talk about it here, but groin' up, I knew where their name came from.  I always gave 'em a point fer gettin away with it even though I couldn't stand the music.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1713 on: November 08, 2008, 04:23:14 AM »
Them folks can keep their Fleetwood Mac, I'll take some Southern Rock anytime.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1714 on: November 08, 2008, 12:37:51 PM »
Just ta make it clear, that link I posted wasn't a Fleetwood Mac song.  It was the Fleetwoods.  Kinda cheesy, but I was amazed how good they sounded all those years later.

Oh, an if yer inta guitar ya know Lindsey Buckingham of FM is one hell of a Travis picker.  "Never Goin Back Again" is a work out fer the hands.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1715 on: November 08, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »
The guy is the original member, the two ladies are not. They still sound pretty good for old people.

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1716 on: November 08, 2008, 01:00:52 PM »
Yeah I noticed one of the gals seemed ta have gained a foot on the other.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #1717 on: November 08, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »
Those Top 40's of 40 to 50 years ago are refered to as OLDIES!  Now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #1718 on: November 08, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
Those Top 40's of 40 to 50 years ago are refered to as OLDIES!  Now.

yep and so are we >:(
Mathew 5.9

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #1719 on: November 08, 2008, 05:38:01 PM »
Well I'll take one a them "oldies" over just about any of the crap that is out there now.

Leo

Roland Deschain

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com