Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 29, 2011, 10:14:16 AM
  Steve...I apologize for any stress I have given you. This aint sarcasm or given lightly. Won't happen again. I know what stress can do to hearts from personal experience.

Thanks, i'm not going to drop on ya :)  The stress is a killer, most people do not know that though unfortunately.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

And Pam, i appologize on my part. I'm a curmudgeon or so i am told :D  It comes out sometimes.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on June 29, 2011, 10:31:48 AM
I just happened to drive through Moline and I saw the state state employes putting up a stop signs on each of main street.

I also noticed the Elk County grant funded Elk Konnected Summer Day Camp in a church yard. Wow, what a turn out --- I counted 12 kids. Wow, I'm impressed. The kids were playing with water guns and hulahoops and really looked bored. But that's just my opinion.

But let's see, wasn't that grant for $13,800 for 6 weeks of day camp for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. By my calculations that comes to about $230 an hour to have 12 bored kids. What do you think? Does that come to about $19.16 an hour per kid?

Isn't that about par for government spending?????

To my way of thinking Day Camp at day care would be a lot cheaper and maybe more thrilling for the kids. Something to think about.

Why couldn't a grant like that be used each year in the different communities to install better play ground equipment for the children.

So they could use the equipment in their own community year round. Instead of traveling to other communities fo two hours of boredom? Just something to think about. As I have heard Elk Konnected say we need something more permanent, something that will last.

No kidding, my idea of day camp is ya go out and do some kool fun stuff. Hiking camping, fishing, swimming, zip lines. archery, shooting range with .22's  things like that.  What the heck ever happened to the fun stuff. 

Ross

I believe the Summer Day Camp is for 12 years old and under but it looked mostly 10 and under.
But all that money for 12 or 14 kids, don't you find that a bit rediculous?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected.

Who is your Puppet Master?

What are your real goals?

How do you plan to meet your goals?

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on June 29, 2011, 10:31:48 AM
...But let's see, wasn't that grant for $13,800 for 6 weeks of day camp for 2 hours a day 5 days a week. By my calculations that comes to about $230 an hour to have 12 bored kids. What do you think? Does that come to about $19.16 an hour per kid?

Why couldn't a grant like that be used each year in the different communities to install better play ground equipment for the children.

So they could use the equipment in their own community year round. Instead of traveling to other communities fo two hours of boredom? Just something to think about. As I have heard Elk Konnected say we need something more permanent, something that will last.

The equipment idea is a great one.  EK could even be memorialized with their logo on a bronze plaque, assuming they decided to get their own grant.  Years of enjoyment & exercise.  And way more than just a few hours worth each year.

Maybe there's a steering committee position for you yet, Ross!   You need to contact an admitted member to find out.  Wait... we don't know who they are.  :o

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

I got a better idea.
How about the county take care of their own business and use their resources for their own business.
Assistance is one thing?
But how much is to much?
Hand ups are one thing.
But hand outs, aren't they something else?
Is there any kind of code of ethics or bylaws or employee requirements?

Elk Konnected.

Diane Amberg

Ross, it wasn't a Moline vacation bible school group you saw? How do you know they were "bored?'' Just curious. I don't know where the day camps were to be held in each community of course, but I know ours were always at a park or rec area of some sort, still are. I do a small part of some of the day camps here. I'll be doing firehouse tours that the kids will be walking to...and it's a hefty walk downtown from the day camp at the Wilson Center. Then I'll be going to them, plus the ambulance and fire engine, and doing a fire safety class for the parents who can attend. Of course I'm paid the big bucks due to my 31 years of  "Safety Town" and Newark day camp experience. In fact, I got a 50% raise this year ! ;)

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on June 29, 2011, 01:25:12 PM
Ross, it wasn't a Moline vacation bible school group you saw? How do you know they were "bored?'' Just curious. I don't know where the day camps were to be held in each community of course, but I know ours were always at a park or rec area of some sort, still are. I do a small part of some of the day camps here. I'll be doing firehouse tours that the kids will be walking to...and it's a hefty walk downtown from the day camp at the Wilson Center. Then I'll be going to them, plus the ambulance and fire engine, and doing a fire safety class for the parents who can attend. Of course I'm paid the big bucks due to my 31 years of  "Safety Town" and Newark day camp experience. In fact, I got a 50% raise this year ! ;)
No, Diane it wasn't VBS. I stopped at a friends house across the street before I noticed the kids amd I asked her what was going on. She wasn't sure, anyway the kids looked bored to me (IMHO). I stopped and asked the lady with the kids if it was VBS or Summer Day Camp.

Being the youngest in a family of ten kids I have neices and nephews nearly my age and as much as 20 years younger. And there are somewhere around 24 of them.  I fed and burped them but I refused to do diapers. I carried one through baptism. I taught a bunch of them to walk and talk and hunt and fish and how to throw spit balls at the teacher. Joking on the last one. I have and am now raising a child. No easy task.

This didn't look anything educational in any way. Looked more like daycare. Only I have seen daycares with swing sets and stuff to play on.

Elk Konnected.

Ross

Diane,

Did you even notice the figure I worked out for this Elk County Funded, Elk Konnected Summer Day Camp?
Didn't you think an estimate of $19.16 an hour per kid is pretty steep?

Elk Konnected.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk