Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catwoman

Hello to you, too, Mrs. C... ;)...I kind of disappeared when it became obvious that rude is the new "normal" (and yes, it is absolutely possible to get your point across without having to resort to being socially unacceptable).  I have noted that a lot of us, who are midline, not excessively right or left, have disappeared off of a number of the Forum sections.  It's sad when a few can ruin it for the majority...But we, the majority, were raised to not say anything if you can't say something nice...So nothing it has been.  I've missed reading you!!! :-)  

thatsMRSc2u

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 10:43:37 AM
Hello to you, too, Mrs. C... ;)...I kind of disappeared when it became obvious that rude is the new "normal" (and yes, it is absolutely possible to get your point across without having to resort to being socially unacceptable).  I have noted that a lot of us, who are midline, not excessively right or left, have disappeared off of a number of the Forum sections.  It's sad when a few can ruin it for the majority...But we, the majority, were raised to not say anything if you can't say something nice...So nothing it has been.  I've missed reading you!!! :-) 

Yeah that pretty much says it...I've been guilty of givin it right back to em though....never could just lay down and take it even though I have tried LOL....I've really missed reading you too!

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 10:43:37 AM
Hello to you, too, Mrs. C... ;)...I kind of disappeared when it became obvious that rude is the new "normal" (and yes, it is absolutely possible to get your point across without having to resort to being socially unacceptable).  I have noted that a lot of us, who are midline, not excessively right or left, have disappeared off of a number of the Forum sections.  It's sad when a few can ruin it for the majority...But we, the majority, were raised to not say anything if you can't say something nice...So nothing it has been.  I've missed reading you!!! :-)  

And I suppose your momma said it's polite to enter a thread the first time with comments like:
Quote from: Catwoman on June 12, 2011, 06:24:42 PM
Oh, for God's sake...90 pages of this...
Quote from: Catwoman on June 12, 2011, 08:05:37 PM
I am sure I couldn't add anything to your 90 pages of understated, selfless, erudite eloquence...So I will bow to your undeniable prowess and leave quietly before I can do anything to encourage any further verbage... ;D...
Now that if I understand an educator properly that is what is known as being polite. I don't think so.
I'm very happy that you are not teaching my child with that line of thought.

Who are the officialiy registered Elk Konnected members???
                Why won't they Converse with us???
                       What are Their Real goals???
                              Questions Galore

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 11:19:54 AM
Ah...You have children...Now, that's what I call job security for me...

As we shall discover below, that concept of turning a man's children over to you for education as a means to your job security might be poorly founded.

And nowhere in either quote did you find anything rude...

Would your standards of etiquette be based upon Emily Post, Ann Landers, or The Marxist professor, Francis Fox-Pliven?

Quite the contrary...I merely pointed out the excessive length devoted to asking the same pendantic question over and over and over and over again.

Dear Ms. Professional Educator,

I think the word you were grasping for was pedantic.  I don't think pendantic is found in the English language.

Also, I don't think any of the questioners here are really pedants.  Our goal of achieving accuracy is surely not undue given the circumstances.

Regardless of your clear ability to abuse the language, your point was heard.  Unlike any clear, concise and factual answers to the questions you so shamelessly deride.

A vocabulary is a terrible thing to waste...

I opine that one can not waste what one obviously does not possess.

With that off track bit of mundane dog feces settled for all to see, why don't we go about addressing more global (and important) issues of conflict of interest among elected officials, the use of public funds by nondescript private companies, and the need for county officials to obtain private grant monies only to give them to the same private company for disbursement?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Wow, Patriot...

The post that I have removed was not directed at you and was frankly not your dog to shoot.  However, I do agree that my irritation with Ross led to my having said things that I wouldn't normally otherwise say...Not that you'd understand anything about that...And I have removed it.  

Diatribe such yours and Ross's would be why I have been absent for so long from this Forum...God forbid any other voice be heard...

Catwoman

By the way, Patriot...It's a damn good thing I haven't been grading YOUR work since you joined the Forum...If I had been exhibiting the same lack of generosity regarding spelling, you'd have been pulling down a low C- on a good bit of it...Physician, heal thyself...

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 03:50:43 PM
Wow, Patriot...Or Pep...Or whatever you're calling yourself these days...

No relation, thank God.  PEP would now be known as 'Arc Fault'.  'Direct Short Circuit' for those of us who try to read his often incoherent jabber.

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 03:50:43 PM
Diatribe such yours and Ross's would be why I have been absent for so long from this Forum...God forbid any other voice be heard...

Hey teach!  Wouldn't the possessive form of the proper name Ross be Ross' and not Ross's?  I know we're losing our borders, language and culture... but Teacher.... PLEASE!

Now, about those tax dollars being doled out in these tough economic times.........

readyaimduck

I sort have sat back and listened for a bit, but I still have one question:

Are there any events up and coming that Elk Konnected is attaching their name to?  Or do they do that AFTER the event is held?
ready

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on June 13, 2011, 04:03:51 PM
By the way, Patriot...It's a damn good thing I haven't been grading YOUR work since you joined the Forum...If I had been exhibiting the same lack of generosity regarding spelling, you'd have been pulling down a low C- on a good bit of it...Physician, heal thyself...

Maybe you had better recheck.  If you find an average of more than one spelling error per 5000 words in the last 365 days, I'll send you a Braum's gift certificate good for at least a two scoop of tutti fruity.  If you grade on a curve, I bet I get an A+.

Since we're chatting, are you one of the 74 early 'investors' in Ellk Konnected, LLC?

readyaimduck

QuoteBut we, the majority, were raised to not say anything if you can't say something nice...
That I understand, however it is different than 'Not saying anything at all , keeping quiet while an LLC is taking credit for something the Elk County people have been doing, and quite well".  As well as the possible concept of using hard earned tax payer's monies in a conflict of interest.
ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk