Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Good morning world. What a beautiful day.
I'm just wondering what any of you official registered members of Elk konnected might be up to today.
I know you followeres are still following right?

Well perhaps Elk Konnected official registered members might tell you today whom you are following.
How would that be?

Well as I said good morning Elk Konnected official members, who ever you are?

Perhaps Public Square Communities, LLC who is hired by this secret society could tell us who they are!
What do you say Public Square Communities, LLC. Can You tell us who our secret society is in Elk County that is paying you with what I believe is our tax dollars? Your input would be greatly appreciated?

Ross

Just what is Elk Konnected's credibility based on as long as the registered members are hiding out?

Where is the accountabikity for the good or bad that may come out of Elk Konnected as long as the official members are hiding.

I know they want everything to fall on the shoulders of the followers and so called volunteers, but why?

What are the Official Elk Konnected registered members afraid of?

Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide
If you are going to continue to hide, please hide your organization from our County Commissioners Board meetings, too.
By that I mean please, quit asking for tax dollars until you come out of the closet.

Patriot

The process is visible.  The need, purpose & people  behind the method...not so much

In 2008, Elk Konected hyped and held a 'community meeting' to get public 'consenses' on issues of educating the youth in Elk County.

The format looks like yet another Delphi Technique 'roundtable' format....

Quote from: L Hendricks on December 01, 2008, 02:36:24 PM
Calling all residents of West Elk School district - please come out tonight and be heard.  Everyone will have a chance to speak - the format will be round table discussion, so you won't have to speak in front of a large crowd.  FCCLA will have helpers to watch your kids - so please come out to the West Elk High School at 7pm.

And was 'led' by none other than the hired outside professional community organizer, Terry Woodbury.
For as much as some here criticize the input of non-residents in county issues, there sure seems to be a blind acceptance of Woodbury & his company.

Quote from: D Whetstone on November 03, 2008, 08:50:18 AM
A Community Conversation concerning "Our Communities and Our Schools" will be held in the commons area of the West Elk USD 282 High School on Monday, December 1, 2008, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM..

The meeting is being organized by the Elk Konnected Steering Committee and will be moderated by The Kansas Communities LLC President, Mr Terry Woodbury. 

The purpose of the conversation is to engage all interested citizens of the community in a unified group effort to plan the most effective educational future for our young people.  As every citizen of the community will be impacted by the decisions to be made in the near future, we are encouraging interested citizens, parents,  grandparents, business owners, school administrators, staff and youth  to attend and present your positive ideas and to relay the questions that  will need answered before decisions are made...
Quote from: L Hendricks on November 25, 2008, 10:48:50 PM
Remember everyone needs to come out to this event and be apart of the future.  This will not be like any other school public forum.  Terry Woodbury, Ks Communities, LLC will moderated and lead it.  West Elk FCCLA (used to be Future Homemakers of America) will provide daycare - no excuse you can not make it. Everyone's input is welcomed and needed.  The WE school board members have asked to be there as community members als.  Please this is important for the future of our school. Dec 1 7-9pm WE commons area -

Were attendees 'part of the future'?  Aren't our residents capable of holding a meeting without Mr Woodbury 'moderating?  And what about direct citizen input to the school board?  Are we so numerous that we need a spokesperson (read Elk Konnected)?  If EK could get folks out for a 'moderated' meeting, why not get them out to a scheduled, open board meeting?

Well...the meeting was held and the forum was told:

Quote from: L Hendricks on December 01, 2008, 10:56:14 PM
Thanks to everyone who turned off their TV and came out to discuss the future of our schools.  We had good representation from all the towns, school board members, school administration, school staff, taxpayers and parents.  Hopefully we can continue the positive conversation.  Thanks to all the forum family that showed up - we will look forward to your comments.  D Whetstone and I have the task of assembling the information to present to the school board.  Hopefully we can have it posted this week.  Again thanks to Teresa and Kjell for allowing us this avenue to discuss things.  Stay with us as we grow.... Positive conversation changes the world.

The thread ended with a post on December 02, 2008, 12:37:58 pm, with no results of the 'meeting' having been posted for forum readers to see. 

Why not? 

Were the 'compiled results' those of the majority? How do the attendees know for sure? 

An example of open response in the public interest?  EK got their self-compiled 'public input' for a presentation to influence elected school board officials.

Why didn't they share results here as they said they would?  Why weren't citizens encouraged to attend the open meeting of the school board?

References  (notice the interest of forum visitors reflected in the number of reads- 681 & 1016):

Topic: Community Conversation on Our Communities and Our Schools (Read 681 times)
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,6238.msg74045/topicseen.html#msg74045

Topic: School Meeting Community action reqired  (Read 1016 times)
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,6452.0.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

flo

Every hear the saying "The more you stir a turd, the worse it stinks?"
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

redcliffsw

Patriot, thanks for the information and pointing out this.

It just goes to show that you don't have to join an organization to be of service in the community.
I'm sure there's a number of folks who appreciate the stand that you and Ross are taking.   

Ross

Quote from: flo on June 08, 2011, 11:54:47 AM
Is that how you refer to Elk Konnected? My. my. I wouldn't do something like that?
I'd just like to know who the people are behind it.
Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide Hide

Who are the registered owners/members of this non existant Elk Konnected???

thatsMRSc2u

You're wastin precious time talkin to these guys Ma.

Ross

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on June 08, 2011, 01:41:37 PM
You're wastin precious time talkin to these guys Ma.
Hi thatsMRSc2u ,

Have you learned who you are following yet?
I believe the main question on this thread is, Who are the registered members of Elk Konnected, not who are the followers.
"Who are the registered Elk Konnected registered members."

Patriot

Yep.  Let's stir some more to see if the theory holds.........

Before we were being professionally 'organized', there were attempts at improvement.  And the new methods seem to produce the same lack of responsiveness to inqury.  Read on.

Notice the interest in this topic... From July 2008 to November 2008: 113 replies & over 5900 views by forum readers...

Get pumped up!

Topic: Howard Old Bank Building - What would you like done with it.....  (Read 5992 times)

Quote from: L Hendricks on July 29, 2008, 07:02:09 PM
This afternoon I ran into the new owners of the ole Howard Bank Building that sits on the corner of Wabash and Washington... they are very interested in what the community would like done with that building in the way of restoring it and putting something, anything, in it to benefit the community.  I told them I would post it on the forum and see what ideas you all could generate... so let the creative juices flow again...

Many fascinating ideas followed.
Get more excited!

Quote from: L Hendricks on July 30, 2008, 06:06:03 AM
Great ideas so far... keep them coming... The new owners really want to restore it and make it something the community can use and/or needs.  They mentioned hooking up with the Sedan bunch and getting tour buses to stop here... lodging was mentioned.... The last time I was in the building which was probably 4 years ago... there is a huge area in the basement... was very wet at the time... then of course the main floor where the bank vault is still in place (or was)... the back end was turned in to living quarters with a loft (what used to be a dr office)... Upstairs was several large room with a hallway leading to the outside stairway, but there is also a stair way inside... ADA is always a consideration... someone mentioned marketing local beef - don't know about grass fed (some of the locals don't like the taste) and seeing if Mike Hall would showcase his furniture or maybe local artists could display theirs in a gift shop atmosphere...

a cultural center is another idea... places to take art classes for all ages...music, etc...

Well let's here from some more - I am sure there are more good ideas out there...

Even more good discussion followed.
Can it happen?  Of course.  It's almost a sure thing!  Stay pumped up!

Quote from: Arc fault on October 28, 2008, 08:44:12 PM
The new owners of the Bank Building came to the Howard Chamber meeting and although most had already left, asked the for the help of the citizens for a community use for the building.  Something that would benifit the entire populus but not burden it for financing.  Ideas need to be in keeping the architectual uniqueness of the building.  

Sure sounds solid!
And can it be none?  You betcha!

Quote from: lola330 on October 29, 2008, 02:09:34 PM
The owners of the bank building are Tom and Myra Devlin.  They have stated that whatever the community wants they are willing to pay the "lion's share" of expenses.  (That is a direct quote)  I am sure if an elevator is needed, one would be provided...

As was mentioned in the thread... the owners had "lots of hats and lots of cattle".  People and assets to be clear.  

But the discussion died an untimely death... with no further discussion or info provided by those who got everybody pumped up in the first place.  

Even an update request some 6 months later was met with no response, not even a cricket chirp.

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on April 23, 2009, 12:31:31 AM
What is going on with the bank building, I seen it being roofed when I was out of the house the other day.

Why?

All rope and no rodeo?  

What ever happened to the ever so positive 'Old Bank Building' project?  

For that matter, what ever happened to PrehistoricRez?  

Is this a pattern with those who later solidly support the professonally 'facilitated' organization of our communities?  Get excited but don't expect answers?  Seems so.

Why even elect a government to manage and promote Elk County?  Some of them "don't want to hear the public bitch" in formal hearings or town halls.  And, after all, the privately owned Elk Konnected, LLC seems to have public opinion matters all under control.  

Stay with them as they grow...   But what about the rest of the county?

Yes flo.... the more it's stirred, the more it stinks.

Reference topic:
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,5265.0.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

That souds like a serious El Konnected failure to follow through.
Maybe, that's why the brains of El Konnected hide out.
"Who are the registered El Konnected registered members."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk