Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 323340 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2008, 04:45:12 AM »
GOT

BEER?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2008, 05:24:15 AM »
Rooster,  It's a little too early for a beer.   The first 10 years that I was a cop, I always worked nights.  After work, It was a cold beer before I went to sleep in the morning along with some cold pizza.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2008, 06:48:32 AM »
Sulphur Springs is better known for the large number of dairys in the county.

In 1970, Hopkins County Texas had more Grade A dairies in the county than the entire state of Wisconsin.
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 03:35:20 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2008, 10:31:10 AM »
You ever drink any water from there?

No, just one of the beers. ;D  Tasted kinda like I cleaned my Sharps cases in it. :P :-X

Oh, didn't have time to post this but TLD, try the beer from the can in the glass, I seemed to not be able to tell when I pored it in when I drank it.  The use shellac or something to seel the inside of the can, I think the taste comes from the bare out side where you put you mouth.

Funny thing about beer and taste.  Liked the green bottle Dutch stuff, also used to drink a lot of Moosehead from up north.  The big mainstream ones like Bud, PBR, Miller and stuff was ok, but some of the cheaper ones like Hamns, Falstaff, Old Mill and Black Label, I liked better than the others, not all cheap beer, just those 4.  Used to buy a Mex beer sometimes, not that stuff everyone putls lime chunks in, but Catre Blanca, (sp)  Never seen that other one till recent years after I quit.  Don't understand though, if the stuff needs lime in it to be fit to drink, why don't they add it at the brewery? ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »
Miller has come out with a new beer that has lime and salt added.  It's packaged in a green bottle. I haven't tried any, not much of a Miller drinker.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2008, 10:52:49 AM »
What I’ve asked Andi ‘bout the Corona she buys…..

The sailboat racin’ crowd I used ta hang with. Ya’d visit a boat at the marina, open the cooler ‘n that’s all that’d be in there, Corona. Limes ‘n a cuttin’ block nearby sided by an assortment of cheeses ‘n Jimmy Buffet stuff playin’ in the background. Like they were afraid to deviate from the uniform code. Ya’d pour a Coors Light inta a plastic cup so they didn’t know whut ya were drinkin’.

On shore, durin’ the parties, they didn’t have a problem staggerin’ up ta the Bud truck for free beer. Then again I didn’t either.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2008, 11:12:29 AM »
They came out with Coors Light in Texas about 1974.  You could only bet it on tap or in the can.  I started drinking it about then and did for several years until it gave me a headache.  By that time Bud light had come out and I went back to drinking Bud again. I could never pass up Free beer, especially Bud. I drink Tecate and Corona sometimes when we eat at a Mexican food restaurant.  We had our honeymoon in San Antonio, and we took tours of the Pearl and Lone Star breweries.  The draft beer wasn't too bad and it was cold. The stuff in the cans and bottles taste awful.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
The secret's in the water, Del. Sorta like not drinkin' down stream from the herd. Myself, I've gotten hooked on some beer from Slim's neck of the woods. Chippewa Falls to be exact. not a huge brewer, just started to be available in this area this summer. Got a tongue for it when we was visiting up in Milwaukee, Wissycoooonsin. Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery. they make lagers, wheat beers, and some interesting seasonals, including one that has berry juice in it. didn't think I'd like that one, but it is good. My two favorites are the Honeyweiss and Oktoberfest..............Buck 8) ;)
Since 1867.  ;)
Used ta live in the area.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
Was hot, sweaty ‘n tired once. Someone gave me a bottle of Sam Adams. It was good.

In different circumstances, I used it for a drain cleaner. The stuff is awful.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
Used to get some called Shaffers on sale, cheap, was ok, not real good, stuff sat in the can and sounded like a bowl of Rice Crispies with the milk poured on it, a beer with a snap, crackle and pop. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »
Del, I got try some Falstaff before they disappeared. To my taste, it was better than Coors and Olympia. These beers weren't available around here in the late '70's and early '80's. My partner's wife was out west for an insurance convention and brought the stuff back with her.............Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2008, 05:43:43 PM »
T'was brewed right up the road in Omaha, last i knew the brewery was still for sale, drank a lot of it, imported beer ya know, imported from Omaha.

That made one in the early 80's a small run type stuff, a bit different, for some fund raiser deal.  PJ's choice, drank some to say I had, PJ Morgan was Omaha's mayor at the time, created a big stink, namin' a beer after the mayor, but was for some good cause.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »
when I was in College, the second year, moved off campus, one of my roommates had a brother-in-law who was the local Coors Distributor in Stillwater,  He would call us every Monday and tells us to come on down and get some Coors,  we'd drive down there and he would absolutely fill the car with them Tall Boy Coors, 20 cases wasn't unusual,  all we had to do was bring the empty cans back,   we'd have a big party every week with what he gave us.  found out later on in the year, they were discontinueing the Tall Boys and Coors was giving him his money back on em if he'd send in the crushed cans.

we sure lucked out that year. ;D
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2008, 06:19:35 PM »
Back in my college days we drank most ennything but Sterno an' Aqua Velva....

Best beer we could get was a local down south from us called Shiner. Made in Shiner Texas, sometimes could get it for 69 cents fer six, almost always six for 99 cents.

Been discovered now... when Bucksaw was down there in school Shiner had become Yuppie beer.

He's ah good lad, usually brought me some whenever he came home. ;D
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
Used ta go ta a place whut weren’t real safe fer kids my color. Charged ya out the butt but no questions asked. Best I know they never were busted. Used to ride by lookin’ fer kids leavin’ with a package. Never caught one.

Used ta move cars from Carolina to Norfolk for Susie’s daddy. 18 was legal in Carolina. Those Buicks ‘n Opals always went by 2102 Abbey Road for a drop off before they made it to Brud Buick. 

Offline Ozark Tracker

• Top Active Citizen
  • my granddad on his mule around 1907
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2008, 06:59:34 PM »
Arcey, we used to have a place like that back in high school  cept it was a whole town, just go to the joint and ease in the back door,  Mr. Jeff McHenry would sell ya all you want, but don't think about drinking it in Redbird, Ok.  just get the beer and  drive on back to Porter to drink it.

you know it was funny back then, the police we had didn't care if you sat up by the drive in and drink a beer or 2, he just didn't want ya out driving around and drinking.  ;D 

worked fer us in them days.
We done it for Dixie,  nothing else

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved."

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: January 26, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
That wuz seedy ole Merrimac Market almost in the middle ah town. No bigger’n a 7-11 ‘n no parkin’ lot. Place was always filthy. Gone now. Whole areas been redeveloped.

I’d see a car parked with ah bunch ah male kids in it I knew whut they were doin’. Didn’t fiddle with ‘em. They were there the next time I rode by I’d run ‘em away.

Male/female lookin’ for a spot ta make the beast with two backs was different. We’d had some rapes from that ‘n some pretty bad beat up boyfriends.

They put their clothes back tagether ‘n left that was the end of it. A few had some lip, includin’ the girls, they wound up in custody ‘n explainin’ ta Momma why she had to come get ‘em from the Youth Bureau then take a day off work ta go ta Juvenile Court. Lord knows I hated Juvie Court.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2008, 03:53:08 AM »
It was 18 in Kansas when I went to Panhandle State in the Oklahoma Panhandle.  We went to the Pizza Hutmand had Pizza and Beer on Friday or Sat night.  It was 3.2, hey it was better than nuthin.  We used to get Schlitz for 99 cents a six pack.  Oklahoma was also 3.2, but you had to be 21.  If you wanted 6%, you had to go to a regular liquor store and buy it.  It was hot, no coolers.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
Buck, I thought about that last night, remember when folks brought Coors back from CO, never ever thought about anyone takin' Falstaff to Ohio. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2008, 02:00:14 PM »
We had Falstaff in Oklahoma back then and Jax also.  Hamms, Pabst, Carling Black Label, adn Country Club malt liquor in the small cans about the size of a beeny weines can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com