Author Topic: Very Important Day In History  (Read 323337 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Very Important Day In History
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2008, 05:23:08 AM »
  Very Important Day In History

This day in 1935, Richmond Virginny

Grottfried Krueger Brewing Company and American Can Co partnered up to deliever the first Can Beer.

So which come first the Can or the Church key?
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2008, 12:32:28 PM »
Probably the church key, lR. I believe bottles had been capped for a while before that, although the provision for opening cans would've come after it.................Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »
Just Googled the term "church key". Found a Wikipedia entry that said 1898 for bottles and 1935 for the modification to punture the cans.....................Buck 8) ;)

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 02:58:39 PM »

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2008, 05:08:01 PM »
Buck I am sure there were some people in 1898 who forget and left it in their back pocket and got their cans punctured when they sat down!  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2008, 05:32:53 PM »
Well, either invention ain't worth much if it's hard to open, I think the crown cap opener was invented by the folks who invented the cap, most likely similar with the can part. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »
That's probably it, Del...........Buck 8) ;)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2008, 02:07:44 PM »
I have evolved from the beer opener to the bottle cap openerm the pull tab, and the twist off caps. Hey, beer is good anyway you get it.  I really prefer bottles, but I'll take cans.  Draft is really the smoothest, but I can't afford a home beer tap.  I would probaly drink more if I had one of thise home tappers. 
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »
Gottah problem with the twist offs. My daughter brings home imports ‘n stuff from micro-breweries. Where she developed a taste for that bitter crap I guess I’ll never know. The caps on those things don’t twist off. Commercial comes on, run ta the ice box, grab a bottle ‘n run back. Take hold ‘n give it a twist. Ya gottah scratched up hand ‘n the wrong bottle. 

Should quit buyin’ bottles anyway. Ain’t the best idea when ya spend time in the garage or the barn. They’re both on slabs. Glass ‘n concrete don’t get along when yer clumsy.

The grocery carries them mini-kegs of Heineken. Good beer. But it’d take up too much space in the ice box. That'd be ideal.

Reckon I’d be best off just gettin’ cans…..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2008, 02:47:38 PM »
I just don't like that metal taste from the cans.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: January 25, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »
Really think if someone poured one of each in a glass mug ‘n I didn’t know which was what I couldn’t tell the difference. I don’t like drinkin’ from the can. It’s rough ‘n sharp ‘n this ‘stache ah mine gets hung up in the freakin’ tabs.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: January 25, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »
Arcey,  I've experienced that problem with the none twist off caps.  My hands are not as tough as they used to be.  Heinken is really great beer, especially on draft.  Not every one in Texas drinks Pearl or Lone Star. It's a disgrace to beer drinkers everywhere. As long as they keep makin Bud Light, I'm happy.  We have a Miller Brewrey in Fort Worth, it's next to a Mrs Baird's bakery. All we need is a Oscar Meyer weiner factory to have beer and hotdogs.  Gotta love those dogs.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: January 25, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
That’s a nice set up, Tex!

Got us an Annheiser-Busch brewery just down the road in Williamsburg. Thinkin’ that’s the most popular stuff here. I’m a fairly recent switch over from Coors to Bud.

Beer ‘n chili dogs. Man, that sounds good! Wunner if Pleazin’ has plans for supper……..

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2008, 03:20:33 PM »
Arcey, ya need ta git yerself a kegerator fer tha garage, then ya wouldn't have to deal with the bottle problem.  Just get yourself a big ole beer stien.  ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Don’t think ain’t thought ‘bout it. Big ole thing ‘n leave the Solara parked outside.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »
Heck, TL, I figgered you drank Texas Pride, someone brought me a six of that one time years ago when I still did.  Took forever to get rid of it, nobody would take a second can and most were scared of the first, stuff makes the other two seem great, heck if made the plain lable beer seem good. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
The secret's in the water, Del. Sorta like not drinkin' down stream from the herd. Myself, I've gotten hooked on some beer from Slim's neck of the woods. Chippewa Falls to be exact. not a huge brewer, just started to be available in this area this summer. Got a tongue for it when we was visiting up in Milwaukee, Wissycoooonsin. Jacob Leinenkugel Brewery. they make lagers, wheat beers, and some interesting seasonals, including one that has berry juice in it. didn't think I'd like that one, but it is good. My two favorites are the Honeyweiss and Oktoberfest..............Buck 8) ;)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »
Buck, ya 'spose Sulpher Springs Texas wasn't a good place for a brewery? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Tensleep

• Damned Ol' Ranger
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dealer in Bullets and Gun Butter
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2008, 08:06:47 PM »
Buck, ya 'spose Sulpher Springs Texas wasn't a good place for a brewery? ;D

You ever drink any water from there?
Masonic Cowboy Shootist
America's 1st Grey Sash Cowboy, GSC 006
SASS 5756 Life, Regulator
Dooley Gang, Virginia Chapter
Just a poor dumb cowboy, tryin' to do my best.
"If I could roll back tha years, back when I was young and limber..."

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2008, 08:46:42 PM »
Could be, Del ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2008, 10:27:43 PM »
Sulphur Springs is better known for the large number of dairys in the county.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com