Author Topic: MAY we continue with the Cawfee, Tea and Foodstuffs?  (Read 60554 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
Re: MAY we continue with the Cawfee, Tea and Foodstuffs?
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2015, 09:48:45 AM »
Mine is my own,  but my employer  pay's me $65 a month , as it's also my contact with them...
It was my choice , they would otherwise provide one for me , and I'd have to carry two  ::)

Better deal for me  , I know that much  :-\  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2015, 09:54:00 AM »

I have a cell phone from verk.

Well you little rebel you.  ;D

Mine has one of those multi-gigi-bit chip thingys in it, way more than I can use for what I do on the phone, guess where one of the places I back up important data at is?  Figure if the house burns down while I'm gone most likely I'll have my phone with me.   Can't read it with the phone, but it's there, all my picture, my book draft and my lesson plans I'm working on for teaching classes in dutch ovens in a year or two.  

Guess that would only be important if you have worthwhile data to save.    ;)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
It has rained all night and we are on a Flood watch till at least Monday. I made a Pot for the late risers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 01:41:38 PM »

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2015, 11:07:24 AM »
In our household we have 2 plain cell phones, 2 cordless phones on the land line, and 1 corded phone on the land line.  The corded one is for backup.  If the power goes out, the cordless phones are useless, and it may affect the cell towers, but the phone line power might still be there.  It’s a last resort.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »
It is still raining and the flood warning are still in effect.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »
That's true Russ,  no land line here however .... we have the cells & the house phone is through the Satellite server....
if the power goes out...our backup is,  two soup cans and long string  ::)

If we get a Hurricane, and power is out, no home phone  ::) and they sometimes turn the Cells off for emergency use only...
and it's dark ages & native drums or carrier pigeon.  

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
Major 2,

Pretty much my thoughts too.
Having alternative places to store valuable information is a good plan.
However, if one has no way to recall that info or a resource to send it too... it is like having no information at all.

BTW, the 2004 Frederic hurricane, I ate the last carrier Pigeon I had.  ;)
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2015, 02:05:24 PM »
Well having your approval means so much for us.   ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2015, 05:13:54 PM »
It has been raining all day. The Mother's Day meal has been postponed till tomorrow evening. No clue for supper tonight. The tornado watches are south and east of us. We had two tornadoes touch down in Denton County this morning. They are north and west of us.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2015, 04:54:15 AM »
I'll start a pot.

67, sun's just coming up. Guesser's are saying 50% chance of storms here today. ::) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2015, 05:36:27 AM »
Stromboli from a pizza place was good stuff, ate the left overs on Mothers day...
"SHE" was visiting her sister & family out of town  so I was left to my own , hence the take out  ;)

Coffee sound good this morning... thanks

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »
It feels like a 2 Pot morning. The rain hasn't started yet. Moose fixed us Sausage/Cheese Omelets for Supper last night. I am still full.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #112 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01:40 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 47 and fog. "Warmer. Cloudy in the morning then becoming partly sunny. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Areas of fog in the morning. Highs around 70. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph shifting to the southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
It looks like we won't get any rain tonight, I am growing webbed feet. No clue for Supper tonight, Moose is bringing something home for supper tonight.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
Some store bought fish already batter for samwhiches, stuff ain't bad if you deep fry it in lard. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41:21 PM »
I had some Chicken Tenders and Catfish Filets for Supper tonight, with fried okra, cole slaw, fries, and corn on the cob. I am full, it is time for a nap.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2015, 04:52:24 AM »
I'll start a pot.

66 here, clouds, just getting light ::) We did get some storms just after dinner time, but before they started ,we had a power outage for some reason. Had a devil of a time getting the computer back up as well as the cable box in the living room ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2015, 07:03:21 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 40, overcast and spitting. "Cooler. Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning. Highs in the lower 50s. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2015, 09:41:19 AM »
I got out early and mowed the yards before the rains start again. I had some Cawffee and a Blueberry Muffin for Breakfast.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #119 on: May 12, 2015, 10:42:29 AM »
Need to mow the lawn again today.  Then add another dose of fertilizer tomorrow.  We’re supposed to start getting rain on Thursday.  I sure hope they are getting it right!  We could use some moisture in these parts.

Got the night off from KP tonight, but planning on making meatloaf, baked mac and cheese, and baked beans for tomorrow.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com