Author Topic: April showers bring water for Cawfee & Tea (some consumables too)  (Read 65482 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: April showers bring water for Cawfee & Tea (some consumables too)
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2015, 05:45:12 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready to drink. enjoy! Cardboard sleeve Cinammon rolls to have with the Cawffee and Tea. Rain for next two days. I have an appt with Key-Whitman this afternoon to see about cataract surgery. Tests, No surgery today.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2015, 06:53:12 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 38 and overcast. High of 77.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2015, 06:57:35 AM »
Slim, Are you ready for your heat wave? The highs for today around here is 79, about 82 for tomorrow. Lots of rain for today and tomorrow.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2015, 08:14:56 AM »
Sun’s up, 36 right now, headed for 73,

Deep fried beer batter fish, hush puppies and fries for suppeer.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »
That fried fish sounds good. I like fried fish from Long John Silver's and fried catfish from Cracker Barrel.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
Our Long John Silvers on the other side of town (not really that far away here in Reno).  I’ll be getting this a little closer (on the kitchen counter) thanks to my deep fry beastie.  It’s time for those once and a while cholesterol raising weekends She Who Still Works allows.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2015, 12:49:57 PM »
I am not a big fish eater, but I do like fried fish. No clue for Supper tonight. I don't how long the LASIK tests will take, I'm thinking about 2 hours or so.

Online Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2015, 04:37:42 PM »
TL,

I did the Lasik surgery about 12 years ago.
The testing I went through before the surgery was for cataracts. No evidence was found.
I went from being nearsighted, perhaps needing tri focal glasses, to needing reading glasses for close work, or small lettering.
I could not be happier with the outcome!
It was a very strange light show during the surgery. However, by the morning after the surgery, I could see clearly with my new vision.
My sister had evidence of possible cataract formation. They did the cataract surgery for her and corrected her vision at the same time.
In my opinion, I would say go for it.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2015, 06:21:49 PM »
I have considered lasik, usually every time I go and get new glasses, I say never again! Glasses are always such a compromise-what works for most situations won't work for shooting, or riding motorcycles, or working on computer/sorting mail in the office, and on and on. Seems like I need 4 or 5 pair of them, would be so much simpler if I could just use reading glasses from Wally World, cheap sun glasses, and non prescription goggles or safety glasses!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »
Dr tried to talk me into it one time, asked him if he could make them correct as good as they do with glasses, he said 20-20 or 20-40 was as best as they could do, wondered why I was worried about it, told him I liked doing long range with open sights and the guy being a shooter himself told me not to ever do it then, they go a littler better than 20-10 when right on.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2015, 09:45:02 PM »
TLD, If I was looking for little pistols,(and had extra money) I was in the local gun shop today, he had an 1899 Colt New Model Navy DA, .38 LC, Factory nickel, 3" barrel. Nickle finish was probably 75%, had stag grips in place of the originals. But alas, what little "fun money"I can spare is already spoken for. It felt good in my hand, heavier than it looked, seemed heavier than my 1892 Army.

Del, I got better than 20-20 with my glasses for distance, maybe about 20-15, don't do me any good for open sights though, I can see the targets fine but the sights are a blur. Got a different prescription for shooting, sights are just clear enough, distance is a little blurry. Just hold the sharp clear sights in the middle of the big blurry target, works "ok", but not so good for hunting. As I said, for me, buying glasses is just a big series of compromises.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »
The Dr. told me that I am borderline for glaucoma and did not recommend the surgery right now. I got a prescription for eye drops and another appt. in a month for more tests. If the pressures are down, then the surgery could be performed. We had an early supper and came home. Moose has an eye infection and she was able to see the Dr.at the place as I went to. She got some eye drops too. I was tired, so I went to bed and slept good till about 11pm.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: April 18, 2015, 06:07:51 AM »
I'm on the drops for glauc as well,TLD. Had the surgeries for cataracts about two years ago, one at a time. Can see pretty good without glasses for distance, but still need help for reading. I can actually drive ,if I have to, without em. Gauges are a problem, but seeing the road isn't. Big change in the colors of our world once done, brighter, more vivid. Do have to use shades outsidse as bright is now BRIGHT ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: April 18, 2015, 06:46:21 AM »
Hot Cawffee and Hot water are ready to Drink. Enjoy! The Surgery is down the road in a couple of months. I'm Looking forward to it. We have a 40 percent chance of Rain today, and none tomorrow. The girls are sleeping in the back. I am hoping that we can get Victoria to the Park this morning, before the Rain starts.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: April 18, 2015, 09:45:48 AM »
Almost 50 here,, heading for 75.  Sunny and clear blue skies.

The fish and puppies turned out good.  Tonight it’s going to be grilled pork steaks and rice.
Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »
We took Victoria to the Park this morning, early. We went by, and got some sausage/egg/cheese biscuits for breakfast. We had breakfast on the Patio.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:36 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Working on the shed. Got the foundation out form the west side. Working on back filling and level before we put down the sill plate.

'Tis 60 and sunny. High of 63. Rain for tomorrow.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2015, 02:31:29 PM »
I kind of hate to ask, but does anyone know what has become of Arcey?  Last I can find him posting was a month ago.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: April 18, 2015, 03:17:01 PM »
EP, I have not heard from him in awhile as well. I hope that everything is okay.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: April 18, 2015, 04:32:32 PM »
Moose is fixing us some Spagetti/Meatballs and a Salad for supper tonight. The rain is coming. We got a real soaker of a rain last night. I took a nap after we finished our brunch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com