Author Topic: April showers bring water for Cawfee & Tea (some consumables too)  (Read 65484 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: April showers bring water for Cawfee & Tea (some consumables too)
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2015, 04:43:02 PM »
Heavy Rain last night and again this afternoon .... 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »
Us too! The Spagetti/Meatballs is being prepped. The Salad is tossed, no dressing until the meal is ready. No rain forecast tomorrow. We have the Academy of Country Music awards at Jerry World tonight. Stay away from Arlington.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2015, 07:36:39 PM »
Had some of the Italian sausage and Mozzarella cheese things from Super Saver's own Smokehouse, pretty darn good.   

Busy day with the UNL rodeo in town worked on hats steady from 3-5:30, never moved off my stool.  A bit before quitting time when things had died out, relaxing in my office. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2015, 08:24:14 PM »
You look tired. I like the brown hat. The pasta and meatballs was good. We had garlic bread and a salad too. I had a Corona and some sangria to wash it down. The rain has started again. We are under a Thunderstorm warning till 10pm tonight. The satellite dish went off and we are watching prerecorded programs.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2015, 09:51:43 PM »
I sent him a message Hope to heart back from him soon.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2015, 05:42:20 AM »
I hope that he is okay. The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy! We had heavy rain over night and the ground is soaked. No rain for today.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2015, 07:38:52 AM »
It's not often you can see the little guys win...  :-\

Used to be a food truck BBQ , He traveled to some events ,catch as catch can.
He had set up, with permits and with the blessing of the local established Rife's Meat market,
Mr. Rife's had built his MOM & POP market with clientele and a solid reputation of quality meats. So he allowed Jimmy to set his
BBQ truck in his lot, and for about  3 -4 months Jimmy did quite well.... selling Brisket by the pound , ribs , pork and sandwiches.
It was the BEST, I'd buy 2 or 3 pound of brisket , his beans & slaw to take home.... :D 

However, the local franchisers , I'll name the rogues , bURGER kING , dOMANO's , mCDonnals  (lower case earned & deserved) ...raise a stink with the City.
Claiming code infringements.... Cool thing was ST. Cloud ( the City ) did not agree , and the above rogues had to claim a few different
  statute's , but really , it was all about the rogue's perception, Jimmy was infringing on their profits  ::)
We locals fought back, over 4000 signed a petition to the City , to allow Jimmy to remain. 
And we won a coupla rounds VS the Rogue's,  City found favor & I think flavor  :) .

But in the end, the SOB's (franchisers) with their lawyers, added dIARY qUEEN , lit caeser (another crappy pizza chain) 
and few other area eatery's , and Jimmy had to go.... :(

The silver lining is Jimmy has opened  " JIMMY BEAR"S BBQ JOINT "  http://www.jimmybearsbbq.com/kitchen.html  (all capitals  ;) )
it is right next door to the City Hall , and all the folks there have easy walking to get their taste of Heaven.
One can even use the city hall parking lot , with no interference....
It's an old house that been re-zoned commercial  with city blessings ( rather than razzed it was re- purposed ) little ol frame house circa 1915, adjoining the City Hall grounds.... 

Told you all that, cause, just ate there yesterday , I had the Jack & the Bean Stalk sandwich ....

I won't patronize , the rouge's ...so end the end  WE WIN !  I'll be a regular  :)

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2015, 08:31:10 AM »
Major 2,

Great story!
Happy B Day.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2015, 08:47:52 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Going to verk after church fer the monthly systems update.

'Tis 49 and sunny.  "Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2015, 09:56:11 AM »
Today is lookin’ like a carbon copy of yesterday,

The pork steaks were a porcine delight.  She Who Still Works selected some choice cuts, and I managed not to screw them up on the grill.

The cats are loving the warm weather, as they only get to go out when one of us are with them.  With me grilling more often, they get to be out from the time I start the coals until it’s time to eat.  They also get out while I’m outside in the afternoon reading.  Got the two of them trained to head inside when I say “In the house!”.  Works like a charm.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: April 19, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
Thank you , Blair

The Girls have Brunch planned for me....  :)    gets much later it best be lunch  ???

Spent some time in the loading room this morning , loaded some 44 Spcl. w/ red dot

and 45/50  Silver Tips , it should be a hoot !

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: April 19, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
Major 2,

That looks like it should solve some of the revolvers with over sized chamber mouths  ;D

My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: April 19, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »
Happy Birthday M2! We had twisters around here last night. The Folks attending the Country Music Awards show got some extra excitement at no extra charge. We got heavy rain and some wind. Moose took Victoria to the Park and I slept in. Brunch is planned, No clue for Supper tonight.

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #213 on: April 19, 2015, 10:50:40 AM »
Happy B Day M2!!!!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2015, 11:11:30 AM »
Moose is in the kitchen, preparing Brunch for Us, It sure smells good, It will be a surprise!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: April 19, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »
thanks guys

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: April 19, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »
We had scrambled eggs with cheese/smoked sausage and wheat toast for Brunch. It was mighty tasty, I was really hungry. No clue for Supper tonight.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
Moose is working in the backyard. She enjoys trimming her Iris and rose bushes, and digging in the flower beds.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
Hey, y'all 'n Happy Birthday, M2.

Gotta thank y'all for the consideration. I'm good. Just finished my spring round of check-ups last Friday 'n hopin' I ain't gonna see no more doctors on a professional level 'til August. Will add as of Friday I was down to 193 pounds from 220 last April.

Just been busy as all heck with the birds. Got three younguns in the nest growin' like weeds. Took the photographers awhile ta get a clear shot with all three in it but at the rate they're growin' 'n the physical size of the nest they're runnin' outta hidin' places. Maybe a half-fasted photographer like me'll get all three soon.

Spendin' the time out there cuz we ain't gotta clue where they'll nest next year. City 'n the developers can't do anything until the younguns leave forever then the tree along with the one's surroundin' it's comin' down. Figure the new one'll be close but it may not be as easily seen as this nest.

Ennyhow, that's all what's goin' on. OFSDAR come Thursday. Nest just happens ta be on the way home'n the time I usually get back the sun's pretty good - when we see it.

Y'all have fun.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »
Arcey, I am glad to know that you are warm and breathing! I have lost about 85 pounds in the last year. I went to the Dr a couple of weeks ago to get a checkup and refills on my Meds. We have cleaned up the backyard after the storm last night. I Think that we are doing Burgers on the grill tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com