Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242675 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #520 on: December 27, 2014, 07:59:05 AM »
LIT, Thanks for the Cawffee this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: December 27, 2014, 08:57:45 AM »
Love the picture Arcey.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #522 on: December 27, 2014, 09:49:04 AM »
Well, United Air has come though again!  The wife is stuck in Milwaukee until tomorrow, due to lack of crew.  She now goes from Milwaukee, to Chicago, to San Francisco to Reno.  (Originally Milwaukee, Denver, Reno)  They just upped the places to lose her by another airport!  I’m remembering that SFO was the airport we couldn't get into Thanksgiving, due to wind conditions coming back from Eugene
At least the cats and I are sure where we will be come tomorrow!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Advertising

« Reply #523 on: Today at 08:50:21 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:52 AM »
Russ, You might need to consider another airline besides United. I slept in today and it felt good. Moose took Victoria to the park, she loves to run when it is cold outside and she loves to smell the outdoors. I had toast for my late breakfast. I think that we have beans and tamales left in the freezer for supper tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #524 on: December 27, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »
Already done that! 

I will not fly United ever again.  That was why I’m not stuck in Wisconsin today.  Nice and cozy with the cats here in Reno. 

There are other airlines to get from here to there. (American to Milwaukee, and Air Alaska to Oregon (they were the ones that got us home at Thanksgiving). 

If she still wants to book UAL we’ll not be flying “United” but on separated aircraft!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #525 on: December 27, 2014, 12:26:55 PM »
Afternoon y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Got to the home base in MN at 10:45ish last night. Have sn*w on the way. Woke up to 4" on the ground.
'Tis 24 and sunny. High of 25.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #526 on: December 27, 2014, 02:19:35 PM »
Gun show was crowded , scored some reloading stuff, still no Trail Boss :(
90% Black Guns and kitsch  knives....  Saw a few guns of interest, way to costly for me , and about anyone with any knowledge.

SIL made Baked Ziti, and salad, I'll probably do my Bean Soup tonight...

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: December 27, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
Hey.

'Bout sixty 'n clear. Right nice.

Folks big, small two legged 'n four er nappin'. Others out shoppin'.

Been cleanin' up 'n try'n ta stay quiet myownself.  That 'n gettin' the dog in trouble whenever possible. Nash be my homie, we gots the vibe.

Dunno what'll end up on the table this evenin'.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: December 27, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »
Major 2,

The Melbourne shows use to be pretty good for antiques, especially the winter shows.
Not long after I started collecting S&W's, the price went through the roof. Same with MH & Co. revolvers, among others.
However, if you are into the "Black guns", aka, "Modern stuff", one is in Paradise! These types of arms hold NO attraction for me personally!
This is my primary reason for not doing the show very often!

But still, it may prove to be a diversion for you when visiting the in-laws. I will try to keep you informed, if you like?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #529 on: December 27, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
Afternoon y'all.

Christmas is pretty much over.  Time to go to the store and pick up some great Independence Day deals. :-\ ::)

Weather has become quite sunny, for December.  Lows of 20-some, and highs in the 40-50 range.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: December 27, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »
I want to do some TV shopping at Wally World next week after the crowds have run out of money and gone back to work. I am looking at a 42 inch Visio. I am real happy with my 32 inch Visio. I know that winter has just started, but I am ready for spring. I don't like weather below 50 degrees.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: December 27, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »
Saw a pair of Swedish Husqvarna Nagant M.1887 Revolvers , a Colt's Dragoon ...several Webley's & British Bulldog revolvers.
Few Colts, many hand model S&W's....
Beyond that , every manor of CWC autos & 1911's of just about every manufacture. 
I was somewhat surprised to see few levers of any kind ,  a 30/30 was about it , coupla M1 Carbines & a Garand....
AK's from everywhere, and all manor AR's...
Space Coast Bullets was there, and I spent a while at their tables.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: December 27, 2014, 05:45:50 PM »
Another drizzly, overcast day, it looks like all weekend. The tamales and beans will be good tonight, with some pecan pie for dessert. Moose got a fire in the fireplace going, and Victoria is lying in front of it.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
« Reply #533 on: December 27, 2014, 08:13:18 PM »
Had mid 50's and sunny here today, a bonus day for sure for December in upstate NY,tomorrow back to rain then clear and sunny for the rest the week.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #534 on: December 28, 2014, 08:21:14 AM »
WTH, no coffee?   :o    OK it's on.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: December 28, 2014, 08:22:21 AM »

I want to wish all of you ...a very Happy, productive , safe NEW YEAR !  

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #536 on: December 28, 2014, 09:25:35 AM »
Just checked in on the Florida nest the 2 were squabbling with each other. Fun to watch.

Mucho rain here, lot of local flooding

#Airplane lives matter
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #537 on: December 28, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Heading back to WI after church.
'Tis 12 and partly cloudy. High of 23.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: December 28, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
I have slept in today, Moose took Victoria for a run at the park. The temp is in the upper 30s, with a chance of rain.  A good day for staying inside with a fire in the fireplace. We should finish up the Christmas leftovers tonight. I am still waking up, It is a 2 pot morning.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #539 on: December 28, 2014, 06:46:12 PM »
Hey, y'all.

Pretty day weather wise. Ended up out my windbreaker while we was out huntin'.

Them mods read from the same book the former NGB board mods learned from, Roo. Folks commented on a l'il bullyin' 'n, 'Oh no. They don't know how to do that. Eaglets only fight in nests where food is scarce.'

BS. The birds had food up the ying-yang at the garden 'n they beat up the l'il one every year. Plenty food in Iowa – a trout farm. Name it. More'n one, they bully or fight. They have no concept of play.

Boilt up some pasta 'n dumped it o'er the left over Swedish meatballs. Werked pretty good. Left o'er turkey's gonna be the main ingredient to turkey noodle soup tomorrow evenin'.

Gotta long time 'til things go back ta normal. Gotta get a refreshin' break from consciousness in the rack.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com