Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242676 times)

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 128
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #500 on: December 25, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
Evenin Y'all,I am full as a tick.Wife made a 4 bone Prime Rib, Ham,lasagna,whipped potatoes,corn Snaps,cauliflower,dinner rolls,vanilla,chocolate and Rice pudding, and a custard pie.Leftovers for the week,but it was real good,She outdid herself.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #501 on: December 25, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
Yep! Major, That all sounds good. We had Ham, Turkey, Dressing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Corn Casserole, Sweet Potato Casserole, Orange-Cranberry relish, Jello Salad, and Pecan Pie with Blue Bell vanilla ice cream for dessert. I am full again, just writing it down.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: December 26, 2014, 05:00:03 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Just short of forty, AMS card-carryin' guessers guessin' just short of sixty w/ sun. I'll take it. Be a great day ta throw a l'il lead but it ain't ta be.

Got the green stuff started. Snaps ain't no thing. Anxious ta find out how the collards weathered a couple weeks in the freezer. Alice ain't gimme no bad advice yet. Suspect they're gonna be real nice.

Roaster's been hybernatin' since Thanksgivin'. Be wakin' 'er up 'round noon.

Female got up 'n stretched a while ago. Both eaglets popped up with 'er. Look like freakin' jack-in-the-boxes.

Hopin' it's 'nother year 'fore I hear Mele Kalikimaka again.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #503 on: Today at 09:04:27 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #503 on: December 26, 2014, 05:48:31 AM »
Checked in, both were head tucked and getting there winks  :)

Clicked on the link of the release of Bob Hatcher's Legacy , both a bit of pride and a bit of moisture welled up....

In other news , The Great Northern's have soaked all night .... come light,  I'll be saute'n' some onions, carrots & garlic..
Cube'n' up some ham, and some salt and pepper.
 My brand new Christmas gift , the "big red one" will be employed and begin it's life  of future bean pots, roasts and stews  :D
Soup should be on all day !
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: December 26, 2014, 06:06:12 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water are ready to drink. Enjoy! M2, I got one of those big Red Crock pots last year. I bought a Red electric roaster at Wally World a couple of weeks ago. That thing is big enough to roast a large Turkey. The girls are asleep in the back bedroom and I am on my second cup of Cawffee. No thoughts on breakfast. Christmas day leftovers for lunch? The temps are in the middle 40s. It is still dark outside. I sliced up some home made fruit cake to go with my Cawffee this morning.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: December 26, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
"When the Eagle returns, we will again be a great nation." — Jonas Shawandase, Spanish American War Veteran & Tribal Elder of the 1950s

Already seein' a l'il bullyin' from NE3.

Roaster followed me to the station wagon when I was leavin' Sam's a few years ago. It's a brushed stainless 'n black rescue. Does a nice turkey.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #506 on: December 26, 2014, 06:59:35 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Going to my brother's in MN after verk for the weekend.

'Tis 22 and partly cloudy. High of 38.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #507 on: December 26, 2014, 07:36:27 AM »
Off tp verk in a bit for me. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: December 26, 2014, 09:03:33 AM »
The Red is theme ... "SHE" has some high fa-looting pot & pans set , a kettle , our Coffee maker, a new mixer I suspect "SHE" bought for her cookie marathon last week ALL in that  blood red finish.
  "SHE"  Claimed the old lime green mixer was at fault so some banana bread that didn't turn out   :-\

59°   & Sunny headed for 71°   Checked in on the Birds , looks like one of them was fishing,  leftovers in the pantry... 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: December 26, 2014, 11:53:59 AM »
I bought Moose a Black Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas last year. We have Red or Black kitchen appliances. We had cheese grits and little smokies wrapped in crescent rolls, and more Mimosas for Brunch. We have rain forcast for the weekend.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #510 on: December 26, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »
Soup is bubbling away  :)  smells great... the new red one works very well....

Make'n' the buttermilk cornbread a bit later .... news @ 6 

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #511 on: December 26, 2014, 02:35:19 PM »
Moose makes NorthWoods Bean soup. It has white beans, smoked sausage, onions, carrots, and spinach. It tastes good with Japaleno corn bread.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #512 on: December 26, 2014, 06:13:54 PM »
Ya had me right up to the spinach. Spinach in beans just sounds weird to me.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: December 26, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
Other'n sayin' two crock pots 'n one roaster werked well I don't wanna think 'bout eatin' again 'til the openin' of bidness tomorrow.

Got my Garden of Eagles calendar for 2015. High quality photography in that one. Bag fulla draft beer flavored Jelly Belly® jelly beans. Can fullah Virginia Diner peanuts. 'N I got a framed copy of this:

The grands. Parker, left, Laney in the middle 'n Noah, right. They grew up quick 'n done been hangin' in all the fun bad places - the ocean front.

Ain't had time ta look in on the birds. Sure they're still there tho. Look later when the bilge pump wants ta kick on.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: December 26, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Arcey, they look like some real outlaws! We had Christmas leftovers and pecan pie. It tasted better tonight, than last night. I am stuffed and going to bed early.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #515 on: December 26, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »
Pork chops, smashed taters, and Brussel sprouts. ::)

Short day today, got some running done,plus, the tree and associated items are packed away again. Been up since before Thanksgiving, wife finally decided she was Christmased out ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #516 on: December 27, 2014, 12:40:01 AM »
Ours is still up , also since turkey week ... except for the one day the kitten though it would be great fun to climb, and it came over...
that learned her, dern her  :-\

Bean Soup turned out superb, talk'n' back now some though   :o  ::)

It's a rather pleasant  66° headed for a High of 74° tomorrow....maybe warmer over in Melbourne.

"SHE " and I are headed over, for lunch with her sister, while they visit , I'll be going to the Gun Show. 

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #517 on: December 27, 2014, 01:46:02 AM »
Arcey, those look like some mighty fine grand-outlaw-kids ;D

so, in celebration of Christmas, we rolled 100 rounds of paper cartridges last night.

And we shot 25 of them today! Stock nipples on basically stock guns.  I just stoned and polished and cleaned some things.  Didn't even do the hammer notch fill with JB Weld yet, basically "stock."  The caps, for the most part burst into stars, some easily fell out.  None fell into the action though.  I showed how to rotate the whole gun to the right, clockwise as you cock the hammer, I think that solved that.

But all-in-all.  Three brand spanking new "cowboy" shooters, never shot black or cowboy guns at all.  They all listened well to my instructions, what to do with the gun in case of hang-fires, no-fires, etc.  I think I jinxed it!  Both guns, ran like tops.  No issues whatsoever.  We ran a pretty light loading.  Both guns with zero compression and a .454 ball apparently only hold about 25 grains of powder.  We made the paper cartridges with 24 and the balls sat 1/16th of an inch below the cylinder face.

20 rounds through my gaudy nickel plated gun, without cleaning... and she ran just fine and was cake to clean.

All-in-all a mighty fine day!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: December 27, 2014, 06:00:17 AM »
Mornin, coffee and tea are ready. Trying to kick this cold that the youngest granddaughter brought home from school as my present. Gotta get the house ready for the gathering tomorrow.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: December 27, 2014, 07:52:53 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,LIT ;)

41 and cloudy here. Got an oil change appointment in a bit, after that, who knows ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com