Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242613 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2014, 08:39:55 AM »
Don't know how cold it is, coffee is ready, will find out later.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2014, 09:49:14 AM »
Two cups down, it's 27 and foggy. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #182 on: December 10, 2014, 10:05:06 AM »
No fog this morning, temps are in the low 40s, but it is still damp. The high is supposed to be in the high 50s. I had some toast with my Cawffee this morning. No clue for lunch or supper.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #183 on: Today at 08:47:02 AM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: December 10, 2014, 11:18:24 AM »
Coffee done at work, may need bail money later.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #184 on: December 10, 2014, 11:25:22 AM »
Holler where to sent it  ;)  Del....

Had a BBQ Brisket samach & fried green 'maters ,  ;D  in happy place right now !

"SHE" wants go out tonight...no clue where, her choice, can't top BBQ & Fried green 'maters

Oh ! and it's  61 ° &  Sunny that should be the top out for today.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: December 10, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
Holler where to sent it  ;)  Del....

Cast iron cooking group threw in their couch and ashtray change a couple weeks ago and it turned out I didn't need it, I think their fund was $58.60 and a cake with a file in it.

I rocked the boat Monday and it seems to have borne fruit, but now I have to mark a bunch of ugly hats that ain't selling down, still might not, but are suppose to do something called a web blast on them. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2014, 12:28:02 PM »
Had to post these , I saw this at the WaWa where I got my coffee....

Drop dead gorgeous , ground up resto-mod on I think a 46- 47 .... the color is dark brown.
Left before I could talk to the guy.... I'm guessing Vette powered

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: December 10, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
Web blast. Sounds like fun 'n prolly safer'n me in the hot rod.

Gassed the station wagon. $2.36.9.

Got signs like this'n both sides the exit. Unambiguous, straight up, don't come in here:

Gots big arrows painted on the road. E'erbody else facin' the other way. But:

Granny be special.

Could be just stupid, either born that way or thru old age. Could be totally inconsiderate of anyone else, either born that way or thru old age. Could be a combination of both. We gotta use the same roads when we're on the street. The sort that, along with the other rollin' chicanes, sets 'er own speed limit - under the posted one 'n in the left lane

Had I seen 'er when I first pulled in someone may have had to bond me cuz I'd a made it nose ta nose Toyota station wagons 'n fergotten how ta make the silver one go backwards. Betcha a Nathan's Hot Dog Special it the lunch counter that ain't the first time she's gassed there.

Fried up ole *itch. Fill that in anyway ya like.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: December 10, 2014, 01:11:04 PM »
Good price on Gas. It is about $2.50 average around here. I dined on 6 tamales and some crackers for lunch, with a Diet DP to wash them down. No clue for supper tnight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2014, 04:24:12 PM »
Won't open for me here, but it looks like if the grill is right it is a 46 Chevy, but many got replaced with another year if needed cause they fit.  Used to be an old, maybe 56 Pontiac with an Olds front end on it around town, back when they were about 17 years old.   

May not get bail set for me, got about 15 discountined hats that the stuff didn't get transfered to the new system, doing cross referance and inventor and retagging.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2014, 06:41:24 PM »
Are these real horse shoes like you put on horses?   I didn't know you could just buy them. ::)

Some days I bite a half inch off the end of my tongue. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2014, 07:30:58 PM »
This too shall Pass!

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #192 on: December 10, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Cool and gray here today.  Been grazing on pizza this afternoon evening. Had to go pick it up kind.

Back to the grind tomorrow
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: December 10, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »
Missed a good ole fashioned fight it the GC. Bare knuc... talons. Right o'er South Independence Blvd. Resident female, Sterling, won. For now ennyways. Captures on the Honey Beeagles 'n Tidewater Virginia Eagles FB pages. Been lucky 'nuff to shoot with both photographers, Yenello several times. Tryin' ta learn from 'em.

Meatloaf, mashed 'taters 'n collards. Havin' a hunka cheese then gonna find my rack. See y'all after shift change.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: December 10, 2014, 08:23:36 PM »
Beef & chicken  (1 each) enchiladas for supper & black beans .... hard to decide which one i like best  :-\
Should be 40° by morning, I need to go to business/managers meeting in the morning @ 10 , then plan on some lead slinging down range.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2014, 10:36:08 PM »
M2, I had the same thing tonight, with crispy beef tacos and charro beans. I had a couple of Coronas to wash it down. I am full and ready for bed. I am watching the NFR and I have it on DVR, when I go to sleep.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2014, 12:51:20 AM »
Had to post these , I saw this at the WaWa where I got my coffee....

Drop dead gorgeous , ground up resto-mod on I think a 46- 47 .... the color is dark brown.
Left before I could talk to the guy.... I'm guessing Vette powered

man oh man, my Uncle had a 1942 Super Deluxe coupe with a Ford 5.0 and AOD in her.  He built her back in the late 80s.  There's pictures of me, bout 4 or 5, polishing out the original trim and wheels, getting the rust pits out. ;D

looking at that one, depending on the mods he did with the grill, she may not be a 46-47.  I'd have to see the back.  She almost looks like a 42... man they're rare.

good times, good times.

"at the WaWa where I got my coffee" brings back memories too when I was stationed on the East Coast, and the CC's joking with us as they put us into "proper shape."  At first I had no idea what a "WaWa" was... and was always "beat" the most for chuckling.  Then it became my go-to place for good coffee too thereafter as long as I was stationed over there in Va.

we had leftover pork loin with some rice tonight.  All in all, good grubbing.  Weather here is yet again, the envy of all those freezing more East or North.  Flagstaff I guess is getting cold, but we're barely dipping into the freezing levels in the early morning yet.  I honestly miss the snow, my girl thinks I'm nuts  ;D

I have a question for the campfire, I really could use all your advice and such.

When I used to do CAS, I didn't have a half-pint.

Now, she's 4.  Doing her own chores already too, helping with putting silverware away, and feeding the cat in the mornings.  She's already been taught the difference between "tools" and "toys."  Her Mom sews, I work on cars, and we both do medieval reenactment as well, so along with that saber I have a claymore, and Scottish Highland Broadsword.  Along with all the practice weapons like shinai and such.

but for me, for some reason this is different and a bit uncharted territory for both of us.

My Mom is still, to this day scared to death of guns, and only "trusts them" when I'm around.  Comes with being my Mom and me and my partner cleaning our guns at home sometimes, along with our friends showing what new purchases they had gotten.  Anyway, her Dad was a decorated soldier in WWII.  He despised guns.

So I grew up in a household with no guns basically til I was about 14 and my Dad and my cousins (ironically on my mom's side) wanted me to learn the "family trade"... they're all LEs of some sort or fashion, or were at one point in time.  First gun I shot was a 1911 government model my cousin used to protect Ronald Reagan and still to this day loves the Presidential Seals on their hilts, and never having to use it in duty.

My girl, her family didn't allow games with guns, or even movies with guns.  Somehow her dad though, found his old bb gun, thought it was empty and "jokingly shot" at her.  Yep, it was loaded...  :-\

so needless to say she's a bit lost on the subject too.

just now she came up with the idea of getting little half-pint some real looking (as good as they get now, part of the point) cap guns for her.  Basically same rules for those as the real thing.  They get locked up in the safe, same rules too basically.  She only can get them out when we practice drawing, dry-firing, or cleaning.  Basically in that, it sounds good.  She can check if they're empty, every time.  She can clean them when we clean ours.  She can practice drawing when I practice mine.

all in all, it sounds good in theory, but how often can the best intentions pave the way?

???

for the record, right now, when I'm tuning or cleaning them, half-pint is in the other room with her leapfrog, or watching shows or general tomfoolery with the cat.  She knows they're a type of tool, and she isn't old enough and they're off limits.  They get locked back up every time they come out.  

I know I'm new to being a family man, but I know most of you aren't.  What's your advice?  I'd greatly appreciate it.
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Old Top

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2014, 01:25:58 AM »
Willie,

Sounds as if you have some good ideas on how to raise youngones.  With mine I did the same no touching without parent, and all of them locked up except for useing or cleaning, they were interested and asked a lot of question, about 5 I taught them how to shoot with a 22 as I remember my dad doing with me.  Some of the best memories

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2014, 01:58:25 AM »
I started hunting with my Dad at 14, I got my DL at 14 as well. We hunted quail and Pheasants. I went on my first deer hunt at 16. I Fired an M-1 in college ROTC. In summer camp, I qualified with a 1911, M-14, and M-16. I Became a Reserve Deputy Sheriff and carried a 357 mag in 1970. I Became a Police Officer in 72 and a Deputy Sheriff in 84. I retired in 2010. During my time as a LEO, I qualifed with revolvers, semi-autos, and shotguns. During all my years as a LEO, I only had one accidental discharge, which occurred in my house in 72.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:26 AM »
The Cawffee and the Hot water are ready for drinking this morning. Enjoy!   I have some cardboard sleeve cinnamon rolls baking in the oven. They should be ready about the time that I finish my second cup. The temp is in the low 40s and it is still dark outside. The girls are still sleeping in the back. I have the Cawffee pot on automatic, so it starts brewing at 0500.  No clue for lunch or supper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com