Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242375 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »
I would not look good in Spandex of any sort. The roast is warming on the stove.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2014, 06:53:43 PM »
Evening everybody!  Hope I'm still welcome here.

Sorry I've been gone so long, I had issues with my password, and real life had a funny way of making things interesting.

I now have a 4 year old girl, yeah, it's been that long! ;D and she's awesome and "Maverick" is both her favorite TV show and movie, next to Heartland and My Little Pony.  ::)  Her mom works full time, and I stay at home with the half-pint.  It's a bit... weird, and took some getting used to, but my knee and back have gotten worse, and it's hard for me to stand for prolonged amount of time.  

I'm being as stubborn as I can about the replacement surgery, but I'm afraid it's coming sooner rather than later for my knee.

We're out of school, I'm still doing some online classes for graduate work via ASU though, and we moved to Kingman, Az out of Flagstaff.  Much warmer, and still cooler than Lake Havasu, so it's a good compromise.  

As far as CAS has gone, I've been out a spell for about 3 years, just getting things situated here at home.  BUT:
here's my current collection:

basically, I was looking for either an original Remington Army or an Armi San Marcos, and got it and the pocket model, in an "officer and gentleman" set for a really nice deal in Havasu.  I think both parties came away happy because he knew they were going to someone who cares, and actually gave him their proper value.

I need a new cylinder (I tried lightly boring it, but no dice) and hammer on my Colt Navy.  Basically it was "put away wet" and dry fired realistically to all high heaven.  Not kidding it's about an 1/8" circular dent in its hammer.

I'm getting rid of the gold too, but it's ironic how gaudy my collection has become.  But I purchased all of them at killer deals in local stores and pawn shops.  For example, the Colt Navy was under $100, with a "case."  I say that in quotes because minus the wood external, I had to rebuild everything else.  It was poorly made and glued everywhere.

I received the 1865 Cavalry saber as a birthday gift two years back.  

That's my nice beaver creek 80% beaver hat.  I kinda made it look like Kevin Costner's from "Open Range."

It's sad it's been so long.  I feel like I've missed out on so much.  I'm doing well here, and been talking to Tom off and on, every time he asks me to come on back.  The good news is, the half-pint has no issues with loud bangs, but of course wonders why she needs her hearing protection.  Best news, her Mom is "in it for the dresses"... she tailors and makes her own clothing from scratch basically.  She just finished hand-sewing a 13th century cotehardie, and thinks the 1861 Navy fits her well. ;D

I promise I'll be on more.  Finally things have settled down.  ;)  I know I've plastered smileys all over this post, but to be frank, I'm grinning like a moron right now too.  It's good to be back.

weather here has been weird, foggy, and a continual rain.  Make no mistake it's good for this area, but it's pretty unique for here.  It's funny watching all the locals freak out over it though, since I'm from the coast and used to it, same with Meg.

anyway, I have some of my "secret recipe" (it's in the bourbon and apples lol) pork loin n the oven, and coffee is always on!
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
Hey, Dixon.

Ya gotta werk inta 'em, Tex. Start with a Speedo.

Chicken 'n Rice soup. First batch this season. Last week's attempt went awry.

T'was fairly decent. Ain't much left of it.

That time's closin' in. Gotta be bright eyed 'n bushy tailed. Got a lot ta do after shift change. Don't think huntin'll be in the mix.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 05:36:21 AM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
Evenin' y'all.

Rain has come here... and doesn't seem to be stopping.
Last two weeks of school here, classes are becoming ever so slightly frantic.

And, I don't remember if I mentioned this, but our Blazer (dad's car) burned through it's third fuel pump last week.  We think it is time to find a quite place at the local auto recycling center for it.  In the mean time, we've got a Subaru with a leaky radiator, a transmission that is acting up (again), and a dented door.   Life has kind of thrown us a curve ball these past few days.

Back to the grindstone, doing kitchen work.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2014, 09:44:33 PM »
Great on his "6" shot Arcey  :) 

drizzled & spit rain pretty much all day and still heavy overcast and damp in the 50's ...
Hope'n' tomorrow is clear.

Salad turned out good, I tried it with creamy bacon dressing.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »
We finished off the roast, carrots, onions, and potatoes for supper. I fixed some English peas for a green vegetable. I am having some Cawffee in the den and Victoria is sleeping in front of the fireplace.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2014, 05:15:06 AM »
Morning Jim,  poring myself a cup , there's more brewing.

Haven't checked but maybe it has cleared  :-\  gonna head out to the range, for some R&R.
Probably, hit the WaWa or Micky D's for a breakfast Burrito.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2014, 05:39:55 AM »
Thanks for the coffee M2.

More cold n drizzle today, been lousy weather for the horses and for getting anything done outside.
Need to make sure the grandkids eat breakfast and get ready for school.

TTFN
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2014, 05:47:38 AM »
Mornin'.

Weather's startin' out the same's yestitty. Supposed ta start clearin' off tawards noon.

Got gun stuff ta do 'n lookin' forward to it. Wanna find breakfast first.

Shift change was a l'il early. 0638.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2014, 06:15:25 AM »
The Cawffee is great this morning, I feel a second pot in the making this morning. The girls are still sleeping. We have fog this morning, which is unusual for here, in addition to the drizzle. The high should be in the low 60s, it is in the low 40s now.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2014, 06:39:24 AM »
Coffee is on here, up to do some book work till around noon then to the downstairs to work on the workshop.  Wife was home yesterday sick, no matter, I went to work, still sick today, told her stay in bed and not up and underfoot, same rules as for the kids when they were sick. ;D

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2014, 06:53:06 AM »
I've been sitting in the emergency room since 5:30 this morning with my daughter. She woke up with difficulty breathing and chest pains. Drs are running tests and doing CT scan to see what is causing it. Will update later.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2014, 06:57:03 AM »
Morning y'all.

I'll be praying, Major.
Good ta see ya, Willie Dixon.

Icy roads this morn. Gonna be a "fun" commute. 'Tis 28 and overcast. High of 32.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
Major, I hope that your daughter is okay. The second cup is even better.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2014, 07:06:52 AM »
Be thinkin' 'n prayin' for y'all, Maj.

E'erthing's gonna be fine.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2014, 07:31:05 AM »
Best wishes here, Maj...

Slept in a tad, this is getting rather pleasant !  :-\
Course I still wake at the early rise hour, plumbing will not be ignored  ::) but it nice to go back for a few more winks....

gather'n' my irons and going out to the Range, but scaring up some coffee & a burrito or something in route...

indeed Good ta see ya, W D...

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2014, 07:47:22 AM »
We gots a new hobby Roo, huntin eagles with piture takin machines.

I got to get a new camera the one I have isn't fast enough or crisp enough to get the action shots like cuzzin Arcey does.

You didn't find the extra capital from Da'Beach insitutes of savings and loans. One of the BOLOs the boony hat one suspect was wearing look aweful familiar......cough cough

Local news showing a string of unauthorized withdrawls there. One showed suspect riding a bicycle away.

More prayers to you Major
Mathew 5.9

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2014, 08:59:48 AM »

Thoughts and Prayers for your daughter Major!
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: December 09, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »
It is time for some breakfast, Oatmeal and toast, more Cawffee.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #159 on: December 09, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
Just got home, Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, They ruled out the most serious stuff, but want to do an EKG on her just to be sure.They gave her some antibiotics because she has a slight fever and an elevated white blood cell count,will have to follow up with her regular Dr this week.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com