Author Topic: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.  (Read 242522 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: December - Ho, Ho, Ho, cawfee, tea, and cookies for Santa.
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
I fixed scrambled eggs with little smokies and cheese, and fried apples.  It turned out good.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2014, 01:16:20 PM »
Stirring the pot with a long spoon at a distance so I get the least splash back on myself.   ;D  May be interesting in my E-Mail box when I get here tomorrow at noon. ;)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
The fog is getting thicker. Visibility 'round 150 yards.  ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #263 on: Today at 08:22:52 AM »

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
I am fixing a pot of beans, potato salad, and smoked sausage for supper tonight. Slim's Packers lose to Buffalo.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
Sketti & meatballs here ....and some of those garlic knots.

Back to work tomorrow, 1/2 the morning will be responding to emails  :-\
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2014, 05:50:57 PM »
It has been damp and drizzly all day. I should have fixed vegetable beef soup or beef stew for supper. Moose has one more week of school before Christmas break. It will be nice to have her home during the day all week. I know that Victoria willbe glad as well.

Offline Willie Dixon

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SSS #245 STORM #362 SCORRS C&BWarthog
    • my Pinterest, specifically cowboy related board
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: December 14, 2014, 06:21:48 PM »
hey y'all.  Coffee is still warm here.  We had some weather for a couple days, but it's cleared up a bit now.  Looks like more rain coming tomorrow though.

good news ;D my lady got her first "Colt." :D

it's an Armi San Marco, looks to be built in early 90s.  Timing is flawless, cleaned her up and gave her some bore butter and she's pretty sweet.  I need to make the bolt a wee bit smaller, not by much like on Piettas, but beyond that, it's a really nice piece.  Picked it up for $80 at a local pawn shop.

and...

an antique what looks to be like a double loop "Mexican Holster."  It's fully skirted but what's neat is that the straps are separate.  Pretty interesting piece.  She's going to use it as a template for her own holsters.

that and the antique belt she got with it were what we picked up at the gun show.  They had a Colt newer generation 1860 Army with fluted cylinder there too, but it was in pretty rough shape, and I felt he was asking too much for it.  The color case hardening for example was almost completely gone, and the cylinder and bolt needed some tuning up and work.

We also saw some original Merwin and Hulbert revolvers, a couple original Colt lightnings (now we know she likes the Colt Navy style grip, she thought that didn't have enough grip), a 1900s made Winchester '73 and an original Remington Beals Army.  That was awesome.

basically, between my El Paso Saddlery slim jim, and her holster, she was able to figure out which style she wanted.  She likes the skirting and what it offers versus the comfort of the slim jim.  Now we just need to get the leather and go from there.

Major, I know what you mean about them being fakes.  But she likes them, and for something fun and interesting they do alright.  We do enough serious stuff and so for SASS I guess she just wants to have fun.  Nothing wrong with that, I'm just glad she wants to partake.

If I was doing a civil war reenactment, NCOWS, or GAF, it'd be a different story.  All of the stuff I have for that is based on primary sources, quite a few of which I own.

Now I just need to figure out where I can get some percussion caps... seems everyone around here has a hard time getting them in.

We'll be having the leftover Minestrone soup tonight, help get the chill out.  ;)
At 25, you need to follow dreams or you'll regret it later. 

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: December 14, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
The beans, potato salad, and smoked sausage was good. It is bedtime.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2014, 09:59:03 PM »
# 1 daughter was in her Church Christmas production tonight, and after we had "potluck soup and sandwich". So I had at least 3 kinds of chili(All with beans, that's just the way it's made around here), some beef stew, potato soup, and various small helpings from the dessert table. Feeling a bit sleepy now.......

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2014, 04:32:00 AM »
Mornin', y'all.

Weather's lookin' ta be 'bout the same. Right nice this time of year.

Sorry I missed the feast, PE.

Didn't go huntin' on purpose yestitty. Just kinda happened whilst we were runnin' errands. Run inta Princess Anne sittin' 'er cell tower. Made me wonder where Baxter was so went 'n found 'im on his TV tower a couple miles away. Whilst I was parkin' ta shoot him, she flew in. Didn't stay long 'fore they both left, west bound.

From the submissive posture she took on the TV tower I was thinkin' a repeat performance of yestitty. He weren't interested.

Ennyways. she struck a classic profile for me:

A lot ta do. Gun stuff, housewife chores, menu for the evenin'. Never ends. Get to it after shift change 'n that was it 0646. Toil, toil, toil.....
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2014, 06:34:14 AM »
Thanks for the coffee ;)

This was a busy weekend. Friday was an almost all day at the Christian School for the concert that evening. TK, we did the The Ukrainian Bell Carol. Talk about repeating the same phrase endlessly ::) sat. was change the bedroom suite. Lots of lifting and cleaning :P Yesterday we had a playing opportunity at church. Tomorrow is a concert at my old school with the alumni. Wed. is a practice with the concert band, and Thurs. is another concert,this time at an old folks home ::)

'tis 43 and damp here ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2014, 07:02:01 AM »
Morning y'all.

'Tis 38 and fog. "Cloudy. A chance of drizzle in the morning...then periods of drizzle and light rain likely in the afternoon. Widespread dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning...then areas of fog in the afternoon. Nearly steady temperature in the mid 40s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2014, 07:06:52 AM »
The Cawffee is good this morning and a nuked cinnamon roll with it. I slept in this morning and Victoria is sleeping in front of the fireplace. Moose is getting ready for school. Damp and cool this morning, my knee is aching.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »
Fixing to have a second cup- weather clear here again this morning. Start days off tomorrow. Will be headed to the State Park in Ft. Payne. Just for the day. 
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2014, 09:15:51 AM »
Dishes done. Washer's 'bout ready ta shut off with clean stuff in it, dryin'll wait. Rotisserie chicken carcass 'n a turkey neck in the l'il red one becomin' my hot broth for the next OFSDAR party. Cabbage 'n 'taters with some salt pork in the round black'n for eatin' this evenin'.

Gots ta go ta the UPS place. It's < 100 yards from the cell tower Princess Anne favors. Weren't by design, just sorta the way it is. Make a soap 'n detergent run ta Dollar General, support JGR.

Get back 'n get ta werk on gun stuff...
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2014, 12:18:19 PM »
You are getting some outstanding photos Arcey!

Just finished spreading a lot of manure, maybe I should run for political office.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #276 on: December 15, 2014, 12:40:46 PM »
Been under the weather the few days.  Feeling almost normal today.

Temps have been in the low to mid 40s.  Got a smidge of snow last night and early this morning.  Nothin’s really sticking.

Thinking about treating myself to Outback Steakhouse tomorrow night.  I do this once every time Sue goes back to Wisconsin.

Cats are doing fine in her absence. (Sleeping most of the day as most cats do).
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: December 15, 2014, 02:31:19 PM »
Well, we got the deck back on the Kubota today. We were shifting some of the furniture from the models around in the barn and when we went to move the couch, something in my left arm around the elbow area popped. Can't lift much of anything now without it hurting like mad. Did the same thing to my right  some years back, now they match I guess :o ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: December 15, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »
Sorry to hear about the arm injury, Buck. I had a large beef burrito for lunch. No clue for supper. The sun is out, temps in the low 50s.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #279 on: December 15, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
Well, we got the deck back on the Kubota today. We were shifting some of the furniture from the models around in the barn and when we went to move the couch, something in my left arm around the elbow area popped. Can't lift much of anything now without it hurting like mad. Did the same thing to my right  some years back, now they match I guess :o ::) :-\

Yep !  :(  same here  some months back ....

Left over Sketti and meat sauce , no meat balls were left nor any garlic knots ....

Looks like shrimp something or other, tonight, "SHE's" working up  :)
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com