Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 145568 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2014, 06:33:04 PM »
Good for you, bad for them ::) :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »
Found out today that a distant cousin passed away on Sunday. He was 45. Survived by his wife and two kids.  :(

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 04:32:11 AM »
Slim, Sorry for your loss. That is too young to pass away. The Cawffee and Hot water are ready for drinking. Enjoy!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Advertising

« Reply #63 on: Today at 08:14:41 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »
Condolences,Slim :(

Thanks for the coffee,TLD ;)

55 and sun here. Keys to the kingdom day, will have to keep an eye on the weather closer ::)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 05:53:29 AM »
Sorry for your loss  :( Slim

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 06:00:47 AM »
Have to meet with my Air Cond. contractor this morning , my old unit is about belly up.
It has lasted, some 12-13 years, but I was told last Nov. when it was serviced "it would be causing problems when the heat of the summer kicks in".... it has

So.... 4 grand was the estimate  :-\

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »
 Sad ta hear, Slim. My prayers for the family ‘n friends.

Mornin’, y’all.

Guessers er right it’s gonna be too darned warm. Gonna go do what I got ta do out while it’s cool(er). Get back in the house. Save my uncomfortably warm weather tolerance, what l’il I got, for shoot days.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »
Prayer to the family Slim...

Thanks for the Coffee - may have a biscuit a little later.

Same kind of weather here as the lower righthand corner is expected.

Ya'll be safe
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:49 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 57 and overcast. High of 73.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2014, 07:36:31 AM »
The drought continues here in Texas. The lakes are low and folks can't water their yards.  The heat is increasing.  Major 2, My AC is out as well. I am afraid of how much the estimate will be. I am glad that we have ceiling fans in all the rooms.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
Sorry to hear Slim.

Tornado out break didn't show up, few were spotted.  Lots of hail all around, but we fared out fine.  Went out for supper when we thought things looked ok, some scary looking stuff but there wasn't really anything to it right in our area.

Then a couple videos.

I shot this on the way home trough the windshield, looks worse than it is, no rotation at all.   

Same here, moving fast but no rotation.

Then after we got home a heck of a lighting storm moved in but it was all cloud to cloud.   

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2014, 10:38:46 AM »
Condolences Slim, prayers up for the family.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
The drought continues here in Texas. The lakes are low and folks can't water their yards.  The heat is increasing.  Major 2, My AC is out as well. I am afraid of how much the estimate will be. I am glad that we have ceiling fans in all the rooms.

Well one estimate was $9800  with $1600 rebate   :o 

I settled on a Lennox to replace the Carrier unit ( which was 11 years old ) reason being 10 year Warranty,  over a 5 year for the Carrier unit.

I'll be spending $5880 installed  ( $2320.00 cheaper than the first guy ) pays to shop

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
Afternoon all.

Condolences, Slim. :-[

Well, nothin' much out here in Cali-corn-ia...
Had a small thunder shower yesterday, only about five minutes, and off to the south of my place.  The town of Hayfork  got it, though.  Problem is, it was dry lightening. No moisture at all.  Worse yet, they were all down-strikes.  Only one fire so far, but they got it out.

As in Texas, our drought continues as well.  We are at about 21 inches of rain... standard for this time of year is 40, with 12+ feet of snow/ice in the alps:  we have less than five.  Lake is about normal height for this time of year, about 50% full, but the Bureau of Reclamation has ramped the river up from 3000 cubic feet/sec to 4500 cf/s.  Plus the 5000 already going down the tunnel to Sac, San Fran, and primarily L.A.   :-\  Needless to say, people are getting worried.

Enough of the sad stuff.  Moving on to happiness,  My dad is coming home from a two day conference today in Sacramento today.  Makes it easier for me, because I won't have to drive our '97 Blazer any more.  ;D  It has... issues, to put it kindly.   ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2014, 05:12:48 PM »
The heat is doing it's thing, no rain in sight. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2014, 07:29:21 PM »
It was fairly hot here today, decided on salads for supper so we didn't have to worry about heating up the kitchen. Having a problem with the water it seems to come out clear but then turns cloudy. Need to do some testing tomorrow to determine if it is the well or something wrong with the water softener system. I am hoping it is the water softener since it is under warranty.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2014, 05:40:42 AM »
I'll start a pot ;)

LIT, I hope it's the softener,too. Well problems are$$$$ :o

54 and sun this morning. We got drenched last evening. Not a hard rain, just long . From about 1:30 to sometime after midnightwith the heaviest after about 8. ::)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 06:08:54 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Another hot day ahead. We don't have spring anymore, we go from winter to summer.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2014, 06:51:41 AM »
Mornin' ya"ll  talkoing heads are calling for some sever weather later it was a warm humid night.

Ya'll stay hydrated today.

Thanks for the beans Buck
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2014, 07:05:32 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

It’s June. Weather follows regardless of global warmin’, climate change, climate disruption. Too warm ‘n a chance ah gettin’ we along with the ubiquitous humidity.

Kinda feel a l’il left out. Ever’thin’s werkin’ here – for now. A/C, water, stolen from Carolina ‘n treated in Norfolk, is clear.

Thinkin’ on pokin’ holes in paper then findin’ sumthin’ ta eat. Did salads yestitty. Hot dogs soundin’ kinda good. Dirty water dogs won’t heat the kitchen up.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com