Author Topic: On accounta it's June!  (Read 145317 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: On accounta it's June!
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2014, 05:57:19 AM »
Thanks for the perk... Jim

New central air is installed, susposta save me $$$ on my elec. bill  :-\

Trusted the USPS to deliver a 2 day Priority Letter , with tracking & signature required ...  ::)
Addressed correctly and clearly for IOWA, tracking has it in Washington DC  ::)
stuck in limbo and has not tracked since 10:30 AM Wed. morn.  ( Wed. is when it was to arrive in IOWA )

I call Thursday and was told it was put in the wrong sack...sorry !   ???   still in DC according to tracking this Morning !  >:(

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2014, 06:51:23 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

Trusted the USPS to deliver a 2 day Priority Letter , with tracking & signature required ...  ::)
Addressed correctly and clearly for IOWA, tracking has it in Washington DC  ::)
stuck in limbo and has not tracked since 10:30 AM Wed. morn.  ( Wed. is when it was to arrive in IOWA )

I call Thursday and was told it was put in the wrong sack...sorry !   ???   still in DC according to tracking this Morning !  >:(
Nice. >:(

'Tis 58 and overcast. "Partly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2014, 07:10:06 AM »
One reason we call the OOPS.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 10:30:47 PM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2014, 07:30:24 AM »
Stil waiting for one that tracking says was delivered on saturday a week ago. Tracking says it was delivered. They don't need to double check.

Thanks for the coffee you all stay safe today...
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »
Roo, There ain't too much that an old retired Cop can get into !
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
Goal was to be loaded and ready to pull out of the drive at noon, ready now so I'll have a quick cup for the road.   

See you sometime Sunday evening. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2014, 01:41:36 AM »
I'll set up for the morning.

Weather report:  HOT.....   Eleven straight days of 100 or more already; 105 today 108 or more by Monday, no double digit highs in the foreseeable future.  Right now, 2340 it's still 92 outside, 5% relative humidity, 10* dewpoint.

Good night.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2014, 05:16:53 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

Ain’t gonna be as warm is EP’s feelin’ but the radar trap, otherwise known as Waverly, ain’t quite LV despite its steamin'  hot entertainment district there it the stoplight. Still gonna be warm. We’re a l’il thin on administrators fer this’n. Leavin’ the cowboy stuff behind. Gonna be concentratin’ on administratin’. Mebbe run a couple stages with OFSDAR hobby equipment when a bay comes clear.

Have a grand time, Del.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2014, 05:53:11 AM »
Thanks,EP ;)

50 and sun.Keys to the kingdom weekend, additional stuff to do with the poool up and running :P

Last night on a swing through the park, had a deer run across my path. Kinda held my breath and the brake to see if it had company. Also when mowing yesterday, came across a small black snake in one of the public areas. Must've been dead because it didn't move on my first pass. Second pass got'im. Phew!!!!! That smelled. Third and fourth did too. Fifth finally threw the carcass away from the mower track. It was a considerable bit shorter by then :P :o
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2014, 07:22:50 AM »
Snakes- The radio was warning folks hiking and working outdoors to  be aware  that it was the prime time for them to bask  in sun especially following the rains.
Ain't going hiking.

Arcey just move along at a slightly higher speed thru the radar trap. Have a sade match- say hay to Sod Buster for me.

Thanks for the Coffee EP 
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2014, 08:04:27 AM »
Thanks for the Cawfee, I have started a fresh pot and some Hot water for the Major. The weather folks are predicting rain for tomorrow or Monday. It is hot and muggy already.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
Hope the match doesn't get too hot and sticky Arcey.

Had the farrier this morning, guess I'll see what sort of trouble I can get into.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2014, 09:49:26 AM »
LIT, Horseshoeing is hard work, especially in the summertime!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2014, 11:09:09 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Hairy.

Had 3 kids and I ride horses this morn 'fore it got warm. Have to trim hooves, mow weeds, and move fence.

'Tis 77 and sunny. "Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. Isolated thunderstorms in the morning...then thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent." More rain possible tonight.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »
Hey, boys ‘n Miz Letty if yer lurkin’.

Had us a large time. Weather was tolerable. Hopr July's as good.

Gonna have us a pret good new victim shooter. Fella what’s named ‘isownself after ‘is truck – Dodge. Run ‘im thru a couple stages without the clock after Posse 1 cleared a bay ‘n before Posse 2 got to it. One miss with a pistol. Thinkin’ ‘e got the idea he knew what ‘e was doin’. Found out no target is too big or too close ta miss. Listens well. Retired Navy. Got most ‘is stuff already. Thinkin’ he’ll be a good addition.

Few folks noticed ARCEY weren’t on the station wagon no more. After I told a few, one fella too many asked. Told ‘im the 4Runner with ARCEY on it was low on gas ‘n I didn’t have time ta fill it so I drove the Fat Lady’s. He bought it. Hell, all them Jap vehicles look alike ennyways.

Took the home wrecker (Model 14 Smith) 'n managed ta sneak in 32 rounds in OFSDAR mode. Clean.

The posse breaks after Wildcat Will read out the directions for stage 6.

Ain’t a real good pitcher but this hombre looks kinda mean. Ennyone recognize ‘im? Sure there’s a bounty on ‘im somewhere.

Good ta see ya, SB. C’mon back soon.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2014, 05:28:09 PM »
Rain started 'fore we were done moving the fence. Steady rain now.

Slim

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2014, 05:30:28 PM »
It looks like a good time was had by all in attendance. Lots of tall trees, we like those trees. Send some of that rain up here, Slim!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2014, 05:32:52 PM »
Send some of that rain up here, Slim!
I wish I could, pard.

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
Stupid USPS has not found or sent the envelope on  >:( or so the tracking shows,  it's still in DC   
It was suppose to go to IOWA and was correctly addressed ...Branch PO Clerk transposed the zip and it went to Washington DC. 
It should have arrived in Iowa last Wednesday....

I don't know what to do.... cancel it ? and start anew ?  or wait it out ? .... I am PISSED   >:(

got the SUV serviced,  We got some showers this afternoon....  baked Salmon for Dinner....
Shoulder is still given me fits   ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
Afternoon all.

Well, my little sister is now officially in high school.  Got an 8th grade diploma and everything.  Break out the cake and shotguns! ::) 
Went to the lake afterwards.  Uncle and aunt rented a patio boat for the day, brought the fishin' poles.  No luck with the trout, but the boat was fun.  Lil' brother got to pilot across the lake, as did one of my amigos. 

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com