Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 102802 times)

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2014, 01:37:45 AM »
Hippo Birdy 2 Ewes, L-I-T, and many happy returns.  Today was my Gramps' birthday, too; he would have been 128 today.

I sort'a feel bad for all you folks having this rough weather - I hate s*(^, myself, only lived with it for about ten years, but that was plenty for one lifetime, or even two.  Been cold here, too, but that is a relative observation; down into the thirties tonight, fifties daytimes the past week and into the next one, but no precipitation.

.time to turn out the lights and hit the hay.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:56 AM »
Snaps is one of my favorite things, yessir. Thinkin’ on some this evenin’.

Mornin’.

It’s cold, cloudy ‘n breezy. That’s ‘I-Witness.’ Gun shy after the NWS’s blown call yestitty.

ODed on chicken ‘n rice soup last evenin’. Tossed a turkey breast in the big black one a bit ago. Livin’ high on the bird(s).

Gonna go throw a few down range with an Austrian immigrant a l'il later. Come in thru Georgia. Gotta green card.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2014, 07:00:20 AM »
Happy belated,LIT ;)

11 here, sunny(?),didn't look at the WC ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 08:56:16 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2014, 07:07:51 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Major 2.

'Tis -10 and sunny. High of 8.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »
-8 here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
This is one of those mornings that I'm glad I have 4 wheel drive. Wish I had a heater too :o. It was six below & I had to drive the Wife to Madrid then come on to Grant with the heater blowin cold air. Think it's having a cumputer glitz.

what kind of vehicle? My truck the tempature adjustment (center of 3) knob plastic has a little d shape retainer. the plastic moved but not on the shaft. Easy fix once i had thermostat  changed and paid mechanic to check it out.

It's like artic cold here I think my ship is stuck in the ice and all I have is my satelitte phone and some Champaine to drink.  It was -11° on my app and the Weather Channel is showing -19° regardless it is a little cool out.

Not going anywhere for another day or two. Ya'll be safe
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2014, 09:04:49 AM »
Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. Victoria and I slept in this morning.  It is raining outside, cloudy and overcast, with no sun. A real dreary day. We will not venture out. I am glad that I went Walmart yesterday and picked up my medicine.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2014, 09:40:44 AM »
Sunny here today,17 with WC of 8,Y'all stay warm
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Stu Kettle

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2014, 09:46:59 AM »
Another cold ride to town - It was -10º & no heat it the pick up again ::)  Then when I got here & shut off the engine I heard a lot of buzzing & clicking noises coming from the dash behind the heater controls, so when that stopped I started the engine again & the heater started blowing warm air.  Not the best timing, but I did leave it running long enough to clear the ice off the windows.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2014, 12:26:33 PM »
Victoria and I went back to sleep, I woke up around for a plumbing check and noticed that we got about 2 inches of snow since I went back to bed. I am staying in tonight.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2014, 12:43:53 PM »
Still freakin’ cold, cloudy ‘n windy………….

Shop took in some 42s since my last check. Sold all but one ‘n that’n was put inta rental ta see how they hold up. Got hold of it ‘n ‘borrowed’ some ammo. Shoots fairly nice ta be the size of it but she’s a touch high left at ½ range. Group a l’il o’er an inch.

Does cut ‘nuff size off the baby ta be a l’il easier for casual pocket carry in summer clothes. It’d print in jeans but they all will. Cargo pants or loose shorts it’d be invisible in the pocket. The light sports jackets I wear ta some restaurants would do real well.

Down side, it’s a .380 with a 6 round single stack mag.  I ain’t got the tools ta load for it ‘n I don’t carry what I don’t shoot regular so that’d be more stuff ta buy but I can fix it. Don't know what's gonna be available ta help the capasity but that could mess up the concealabity.

They say the waitin’ list is a mile long already. I’ll ponder it a spell.

The aroma of the turkey was awful nice ta come home to.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
Arcey, It does like more like a back-up than a primary off-duty. I would like a couple more rounds in the mag. I only have one .380 pistol in stock, a Walther PPK.  I might buy one in a year or so, when the new wears off it.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2014, 03:27:11 PM »
Hell I thought were coming 9mm..... Are you going to buy one Arcey?

found some inexpensive .25 auto ammo, been playing with one my dad left behind. Would like to have a block of jello to shoot one in.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2014, 04:45:38 PM »
I tend ta look at it as ‘rare’ carry.

Shot placement would be at a premium ‘n I’m thinkin’ I’d want more chances. Fortunately, or unfortunately, that means a wider grip for the double stack magazines. That’s where the most difference is between the two.

Ta answer Roo’s question, prolly not. All my 26 magazines have had the floor plates replaced with extended gizmos. There’s one factory Glock mag I bought for it with an extended floor plate. Most likely best ta pick up a ‘nother mag with a stock floor plate. That’ll take ‘bout ¾” off the depth of the pistol for times I want it shorter. It’ll still be wider but it’ll have more 9mms in it than the 42 has .380s. Leave it at that.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:43 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -10 and sunny. High of 14.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2014, 07:12:01 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

Lookin’ atta ‘nother few days in a winter wonderland.

Kinda like Christmas er Thanksgivin’ yesterevenin’. Missin’ a couple things but had turkey, ‘taters, carrots, parsnips ‘n snaps. Half the bird’s in the icebox. Thinkin’ on doin’ amazin’ things with it.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:45 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,Slim ;)

-2,WC -16, sunn's out( ::) ???)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: February 07, 2014, 08:23:40 AM »
Not sure what the true temp is this morning...it don't matter it is frikken cold

Thanks for the coffee

Arcey thanks for the G42 review. You can sure tell when the Youtube people don't pay for a gun
Mathew 5.9

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: February 07, 2014, 02:06:27 PM »
I think that I would rather carry a 26 or 27 than the 42. The temp is just above freezing right now, the high tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 60s. We have a small amount of snow in both yards.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2014, 02:08:33 PM »
 A big pot of beef stew and more cornbread are planned for supper tonight.We finished off the beans last night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com