Author Topic: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up  (Read 102536 times)

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« on: February 01, 2014, 02:50:26 AM »
Here it tiz... the Coffee is on, I think Biscuits & Gravy are in order...enjoy 
I have to fly up to Baltimore,  :-\  on "bidness"  spec it will be COLD.   
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: February ...O Dark Thirty Coffee is up
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 06:28:30 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

24° ‘n ‘freezin’ fog,’ whatever that is. Could be invisible fog cuz I don’t see none. Maybe related ta the ‘snow event’ I just read ‘bout in the paper. Lookin’ for fifty sumthin’ later on.

Someone done some scoutin’ werk yestitty. All things considered the range is too yucky to handle a shoot. Maybe next time.

Sure hope the chicken enjoyed its honored guest status as much as the fat lady ‘n I did. Don’t think there’s enough left on the bones for a soup but I’ll pick it ennyways. It’ll be a start.

Might wanna avoid drinkin’ the water up there, M2. Sumthin’ wrong with it. Too close ta DC.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »
Flows up hill does it ?  I'll avoid it then 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:07:20 PM »

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
Mornin Y'all,Have mechanic duties this weekend,Have to fix daughters car today and rear brakes on my Mothers van tomorrow,supposed to be in the 40's,Hope so.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:27:33 AM »
Come fix The General when you are done there, knock on the door and the code picker I borrowed is on the table, Rita knows where it is. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 08:35:44 AM »
The General ailing,Del?

34, freezing rain over night, can see some of it on the street and drive yet :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 09:05:06 AM »
Since Monday.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline mestiza letty

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 09:57:48 AM »
Mornin' gang,

Guess I missed a bunch o' news the mid Jan. thread & sorry to have been among the MIA... TLD has been checkin' up on me, Del, Slim & Leo know I'm alive...
Thanks so much on the congrats on the "permanent position" at Amazon.com...... I'm still waiting for the "actual conversion" deal... still gainfully employed with the temp. agency but for 24 hr. next week...geez hurry up already my BG was clean & you know it & I got the proof.....

Crazy schedule & "crummy social media" is how I stay in touch with folks. Need a better effort here & will try to manage time better  :-[

We got a bit o' rain & s*ow showers the last couple days & grateful...you guys in the "right panhandle" is hoggin' it all !!
Have a great day & will check in later... got my Income taxes filed already have you ???
Don't wear out yer shirt collar lookin' fer the hindsight
~Eddie Adamek~ Trick Roper
NRA, SCORRS, RATS #518

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 10:30:40 AM »
Winter is here now....finally

Thanks for the coffee. Going to go see if I can find a ground hog for the game tailgate tomorrow
Mathew 5.9

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
The General is new enough to need a code reader?

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 10:42:31 AM »
The General is new enough to need a code reader?

Yep, it's EFI.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks for the coffee, Major 2.

'Tis 10 and light sn*w. "Not as cold. Cloudy. Light snow likely in the morning... Then a chance of light snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs in the upper teens. Light and variable wind. Chance of snow 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 01:42:36 PM »
mestiza letty

congrats on the Job front,

and yeah ...I filed mine last Monday ....
CPA asked if I wanted to Give $2 to Berry....HA !  ::)
Hell, he's taken more without asking, are you kidding ME !  Asked, if I had health Ins., 
Yep ! I replied you can keep Berry care.
I know many that are taking the penalty, and skipping the sign up.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Few weeks ago I tolt a story of a bird landin’ on my driver’s mirror. ‘Course, the camera weren’t handy. Afterwerds, I axed myself if I’d believe the tale tolt by sumbody else.

Ennyways………

Went out fer errands with the fat lady. Dropped ‘er at the craft store then got away from the wimmen lookin’ fer parkin’ spots whilst textin’ ‘n the horns blowin’ ‘n such..

T’was sittin’ there mindin’ my own bidness ‘n listenin’ ta Stevie Ray Vaughan. Someone made an appearance.

Ain’t believin’ she sat there whilst I dug the cell thing outta my pocket, pushed ‘nuff buttons ta get it on camera then take the shot. Guess she figgered I weren’t werth the time ‘n flew off whilst I was checkin’ ta make sure I got the shot.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
Sorry Del,But I don't werk on fords made after 1972.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »
Looks like a starling,Arcey. Did you have to put down the window? or was it already down ??? ::)

45 and damp here, but we're supposed to ghet snow and maybe freezing rain over night and into the morning.
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »
Window was as ya see it, Buck. It was nice out. The bird at Sam’s sat there while I put it up, rode the door out ‘n back closed when I got out. I think the thing’s a Grackle but I ain’t sure. I just know it ain’t an Eagle, Buzzard or Blue Jay. I know those.

Joint effort in the kitchen. Shrimp sautéed in butter, garlic, lemon juice ‘n black pepper served over Orzo.  I’m done with food for the day.

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »
Happy Febrero, y'all.  We're still kickin', just not very high anymore.  Had flaky weather here, just not the extremes some of you are getting.  Last week it was mostly in the high sixties and seventies, yesterday it dropped into the mid fifties and winds came a whoopin' down; cold today (by local standards) and supposed to be this way for a week according to the guessers.

Miz Letty's tale of slow clearances is akin to mine, of late: I have gotten into something that requires me to have a pass to get onto the base at Nellis (AFB), so I did all of the applicable paperwork several weeks ago and waited, having to get a temporary pass at the gate every time I went out there.  Last Monday, they notified me that my paperwork was cleared and ready, so I stopped in just like usual and asked to get it finished.  They had to do one last thing: check my fingerprints.  The nice young lady Sergeant told me to put my right index finger on a small scanner on the counter; I complied, and after a few seconds, she shook her head, and said to try the middle finger - same result: not in the system; a couple of tries on the other hand and the same, no match.  I know I am in there, was last printed in the early sixties after getting out of the Navy and joining the County Sheriff's reserve search and rescue unit.  Told the Sgt. that maybe the scars I have accumulated over the years have changed things.  She said maybe so, and took a look at my fingers, said that they were really dry, found two very prominent scars on my left fingers, and sent me to the restroom to wash my hands in hot water to try to swell the m up - it worked, and except for the two fingers on my left hand that have obvious scars on them, they all passed.  She told me that she could "update" (?) my records right there and then, and had me scan each finger, did some key tapping, and said I was good to go; so I guess my records at whatever place they keep those things have been revised.  Kind of an interesting adventure.

Keeping busy with Granddaughter Bella's school and softball, and my usual mess of Dr. visits, the stuff at Nellis, and all.  Got to go start supper, now; fixing chicken white chili con frijoles, some real nice artisan cheese bread, and a salad.

Later.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:31 PM »
Pretty sure it's a female brown headed cowbird, we have them here.  What they call a brood parasite, lays it's eggs in another birds nest and lets it raise them. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 08:15:54 PM »
Sounds government, El Peludo. ::)  Had to get my fingerprints done for my drivers permit.  Both my thumb and pointer fingers have wide scars on the pads...  took three tries to get it.  Technology age.

Didn't even get out of my pajamas this morning.  Got up, had my coffee and Froot Loops, and...went back to bed.   Did get up at ten.  Done some typing, did a few more pages in my book.  Then talked to a friend for the rest of the afternoon.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com