Author Topic: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year  (Read 123385 times)

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2014, 05:30:00 AM »
Thanks for the coffee,M2 ;)

39 and dark here. Both girls are up and outta here. Besides the wife at work, SIL had an appointment at Wade Park today. Laundry later ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2014, 05:33:37 AM »
Major 2, I have a pot of Cawffee brewing as well. We should have plenty for everybody. Breakfast is planned for later. I try and have a pot of Cawffee ready for Moose when she wakes up.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2014, 07:27:57 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

Might just shape up ta be a pretty day, ‘round sixty er so.

Takin’ a breakfast break ‘n baskin’ in the glow of the mornin’ after. Wunnerful ‘n excitin’ BANG-CLANG fresh in the mind. No BANG-thud from the mighty K-38 yestitty. But a shooter’s werk is never done. Back ta the hard werk of keepin’ a stock of noise makers. Bustin’ my butt right now cleanin’ up spent cases so they can be restuffed while rubbin’ dirty clothes in the washin’ machine on the ole washboard.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Advertising

« Reply #203 on: Today at 01:25:05 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2014, 07:51:48 AM »
Ya'll is wearing me out with all the hard work and efforts around here..... ;D

Woke yesterday to a light covering of snow. Had colder air and wind. took the furprincess for her evening walk and it was still on the ground and slick. Awoke early and have been for the morning perimeter check. The snow is gone and only puddles remain. I over dressed mor this trip.

Busy day ahead locating a Jeep Dealer and arguing with the VA

Ya'll keep your powder dry

Arcey sounds as you had a big day yesterday.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2014, 07:54:27 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, pards.

Gonna call into verk in a few and go back to bed.

'Tis 33 and overcast. High of 35.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2014, 08:19:56 AM »
31 here, headed to around 50.  Got a cup.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2014, 09:54:54 AM »
Busy day ahead locating a Jeep Dealer and arguing with the VA

Arcey sounds as you had a big day yesterday.

Jeep dealer's on Military Hwy. near the airport.

T’was a hoot.

The high light was gettin’ thru stage 5 clean. The set was almost identical to the set I left one hit-but-standin’ in the December shoot. Had some distance to the knockdowns. Finished ‘n cleared the revolver at the last point. Didn’t even wanna look at the targets cuz I didn’t hear two of ‘em fall. Heard ‘Tooth yell the time then, ‘spotters say clean,’ then I looked. Only three shot it clean. One was clean thru 4 ‘n left one standin’ on 5 for his only miss.

Interestin’ study. Threw out one raw time, a shooter had equipment trouble, ‘n averaged the rest. My raw time was 2.6 seconds slower. Threw out two adjusted high times, guys with an unusually high number of misses, ‘n averaged the others. I come out 4.3 seconds faster. Speed kills………..

Ennyways……

Clothes are in the dryer hangin’ on the line out back. Headin’ ta an off site pantry here shortly. Ain’t decided which one yet.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
Amazing how college classes on a Monday can put somebody in a vile mood :(

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2014, 05:10:41 AM »
The Cawffee and Hot water is ready for drinking. ENJOY!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:06 AM »
Coffee & bacon Biscuit @ the WAWA was a plus yesterday, may do it again....

WAWA is a reasonably new chain here, they open up about 3, a year & 1/2 ago, now the are sprouting like weeds.
I think they started up Mid Atlantic someplace... NJ maybe  :-\

Your "samitch" is made to order from a touch computer screen,  right now Coffee is 59 cents any size  ;)  I get the bucket !

Gas etc. is a few cents lower too.... they've  made 7/11, Hess and Raceway very pass-up-able.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2014, 05:55:31 AM »

WaWa? Short for what? An inquiring mind would like to know ::)

38 and dark/damp here. ::)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
Mornin’, y’all.

56° ‘n rainin’. ‘Bout what it’ll be all day. No complaints. I’m happy.

Ain’t sure it means anything other’n Wawa. It’s outta Pennsylvania. We got ‘em several years ago ‘n M2 hit it, I ain’t been in a 7-11 for some time now. They're cleaner, gas is cheaper, coffee’s better ‘n they toss a right decent sandwich tagether.

A big thing for me is the staff. Wawa seems ta do a much better job of trainin’ ‘em to be customer friendly than 7-11. And, they don’t do lottery tickets. If you don’t participate in the tax-on-the-stupid those that do can be a pain in the posterior.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 111
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2014, 06:48:29 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Tex.

'Tis 24 and sn*wing. "Snow. Considerable blowing and drifting snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation of 6 to 7 inches. Nearly steady temperature in the lower 20s. East wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the north 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.".

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2014, 08:00:30 AM »
Our best around here is a Casey's General Store, make a decent pizza for a dang good price too, local owned and one less than a 1/2 from home on the route to work.  Was a small stink that got blown over real quick, some Liberals was havin' a fit they don't sell condoms.  Owners are Catholic and told them not to bother stopping then. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:30 AM »
Thanks,Arcey. At now I know. We've started getting Sheetz around here in the last couple years. Three or four of'em in the area now ::)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2014, 11:21:05 AM »
Morning all.  Thanks for the coffee.  So, goin' to the big city for class again today, then another college class this evening...  :-X :-\

All this talk about chain stores..isn't making me jealous.  We got a couple here, the three bigies being Round table, Subway and Burger King...  Of the four gas stations, one is local,  "Weaverville Gas."  One is sort of a chain, started on the coast and I think we have the third or fourth store.  Then a Chevron station with a convenience store owned by one of the big men in town.  Chevron is my favorite, because I know the people that work there.  Don't get any discounts, though...  ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
Chevron places are the highest prices on gas. Valero is the cheapest. We have Racetrack and AT as well.

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
Sheetz ‘n Wawa are pretty close in concept 'n execution. There’s one on the way to Ali’s I use as a coffee/rest stop. Another a couple miles from her house. Nice ‘n clean, necessary facilities included.

‘Nother nice one, but unfortunately nowhere near me, is Pilot Truck Center. I hit one in Charles City County when I went up there for an Eagle release. The freakin’ thing hadda Subway sub shop in it. The coffee bar was spotless as were the facilities.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »
We have Pilot truckstops as well as Flying J. They are on the InterStates. QT also.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2014, 02:24:01 PM »

WaWa? Short for what? An inquiring mind would like to know ::)

38 and dark/damp here. ::)

Arcey said it... I'll drive by 7/11 & Mobil on the Go to get good Coffee at WAWA

They started open them here in Fla about 1 ago...

http://www.wawa.com/WawaWeb/
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com