Author Topic: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year  (Read 123653 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: January Coffee,Tea and a fresh start for a new Year
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
A man always needs a backup plan!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2014, 02:59:27 PM »
Hi Y'all.  school today.  that's it.

Buck, my Studebaker is a Champ pick-up.  1/2-ton, with a '58 Commander V-8 289cu , and a three speed automatic.   Basically a  half a Lark on a truck body.  Don't run at the moment.  Has somethin' to do with the fact that it was stolen in '89, and left on the coast during the winter without a gas-cap.    :(

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 472
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:43 PM »
First car I bought with my own money was a Studebaker Lark. Ugly as sin with overdrive.

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 09:07:23 PM »

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I happen to like my truck. :P ::)  I suppose everybody is entitled to an opinion. :)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: January 08, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
I got a prisoner trip to South Bend, Indiana and I took  side trip to the Studebaker Museum there. The Studebaker Bros. Started out building wagons. They are responsible for building the Conastogea wagon and the rest is history,  I always wanted a Golden Hawk and a supercharged  Avanti.  Studebaker was the main sponsor of "Mr. Ed" TV show.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: January 08, 2014, 07:54:43 PM »
My grandfather used to buy old, slightly used Studebakers and fix them back up, then sell them again.  That is what my truck is.  California bought this truck brand-new, and used it for 4 years, until somebody got out on a hill and left it in gear....with an automatic transmission :o  It rolled and smashed the front on a guard rail.  The state sold it at auction, and my grandpa won it for $468.26. (A silent auction.  They one by a single penny.)  Grandpa fixed it up, and drove it until he died.  It was my dads first car in highschool, and now it's mine.  Third generation to own it.  That is why I didn't accept the $120,000 offer I got....

--TK

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:47 AM »
First car I bought with my own money was a Studebaker Lark. Ugly as sin with overdrive.

RCJ

"Ugly as sin with overdrive."

Excuse ME !  I resemble that remark   ;D

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2014, 12:26:04 AM »
Nice looking convertible. Major 2. I got another case of insomnia, so  guess I am up for a while.  Moose made Potato Soup tonight for supper. It was so good, I had 2 bowls. Monday morning, I went to check the coolant level and the oil on the Cadillac. I raised the hood and was greeted with the sight of a squirrel peeking out of the battery box. Needless to say, the ignition wires were chewed up as well as part of the battery. I had it towed in and got the bad news, $1300. We have had some claims with insurance and I am afraid that they will cancel us. This one comes out of the pocket. I think it is time for Moose to get a new car.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:20 AM »
I'm up, feel nasty, that diseased woman gave me what ever she had.   ::)
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2014, 06:13:03 AM »
Uh,oh, the Cosie's going to be grumpier than usual ::) :o ;D Hope you get to feeling better quick,Del ;)

I'll start a pot, no guarantees. 12 with no WC at the moment, had a light snow last night.

First practice with the concert band last night, we have a really good trumpet section to start with, and at least 4 clarinets, 3 flutes. lower brass needs some more people and percussion needs some more. Need a few more saxes as well. Just went through some starter pieces to get an idea of sound. We'll see how this progresses ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2014, 06:45:45 AM »
Moanin’, y’all.

Warmin’ up nice. 27° out.

Wives’ll getcha. Bring home crud what makes ya sick. Destroy cars. Don’t know how she did it but mine busted the furnace. Waitin’ ta hear from the repair folks now. I should be on the way ta the WP OFSDAR thing.

Know what the sentimental thing is with old vehicles. Held onta the ‘bird way too long myownself. Thinkin’ I’d reconsider an offer of $120,000 fer the Studebaker p/u though. They can be bought in drivin’ condition fer less $5,000. right off the 'net. Getcha 'nother one, ready ta go 'n invest the difference.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2014, 07:30:45 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee, Buck.

'Tis -21, sunny and calm. High of 16. Low of 10 tonight. Heatwave! ::)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: January 09, 2014, 08:04:37 AM »
We did not get below freezing last night for a change. Thanks for the Cawffee this morning. I could not sleep last night, so Victoria and I will try to sleep this morning, after Moose goes off to school.

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #153 on: January 09, 2014, 08:22:42 AM »
 Rain here over night got puddles on the drive ::)
Mathew 5.9

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2014, 09:50:42 AM »
Well, have to go back to the tire place. They were swamped, so, back at 3:30. TPM light on in the dash. Didn't see anything in the tires myself, but want a closer inspection, in case my wife the nail magnet has struck again. If not, then just have the pressures set again.

On the IT front, SIL's CPU has had it. Mother board ::) :-\ She's getting another unit, only two years old with Windows 7 in it. Better unit from what the repair guy told her ::) :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
I'm awake, she stayed home again also, she ain't broke anything, just made more mess, how can you make such a mess burning bread and spreading p butter on it.  She's going to Dr around 3, her work requires it, wanted to know if I wanted to go.  Nope, if there is a magic pill for this have my issue 2.    ::)Bet she stops and gets eggs and makes poached egg and burnt bread mess.   
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2014, 01:52:06 PM »
I laid down and slept till 1330. We got more rain today. I am going to fix some oatmeal and toast for a late breakfast. Victoria is asleep in front of the fireplace. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2014, 04:26:27 PM »
Rained all day, good day to work inside, which I do.  posta get to 86 Sat. we'll see, may set a record.

Only working 1/2 day mañana, "She that must be obeyed" needs to see an eye Doc.,  they may dilate so she'l be unable to drive home.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2014, 04:58:40 PM »
We have rain here today and tomorrow. I do not have a vehicle, because Moose has the white truck. A good couple of days to stay inside. No clue for supper tonight.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2014, 05:17:53 PM »
Well, just got back from the city.  Another long day of chemistry.  I'm wondering if this is "Tailgate the car in front of you" week, because every time I've been out this week someone has tailgated me. :-\

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com