Author Topic: Appaloosa  (Read 68736 times)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Appaloosa
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2009, 01:51:09 PM »
I did go see the movie (and I hate move theaters) and I did like it.  I don't know about NRA lists or any of that, I was mearly saying that some folks have more access to influence than others.  I don't believe I was "bearing false witness".  That means "to lie" and I most certainly was not trying to lie. 
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »
I too am curious. How do we know Ed Harris is anti-gun?

Offline Will Penny

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2009, 04:23:30 PM »
I too am curious. How do we know Ed Harris is anti-gun?

yea, me to, please post up some proof on that issue...just curious about it now, heard it before but I think it was on here..as for the movie, pretty darn good in my book in fact I have a copy and I may have to watch it again tonight. ;D
Will Penny

Noli Illegitimi Carborundum
Admit Nothing, deny everything

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 11:39:04 PM »

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2009, 05:21:22 PM »
Another way to look at is what if what he does with his personal life has an effect on your rights?  Not ta stir the pot, but the guy has a lot of money and exposure to focus on his causes.

Also not to stir the pot.  The same could be said of Tom Selleck, ya know.  But since he's on our side, we laud his actions.

The point:  folks on both sides of any issue use their personal resources to support and further their views.  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, its the American Way.  I do it, you do it, we all do it.  So, as the saying goes, where's the beef?

[Better question -- where's the beer? ;)]

Offline Dutch Limbach

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
Robert B. Parker, who wrote Appaloosa, has written two sequels, Resolution and Brimstone. Maybe there will be another movie coming out with Virigl Cole and Everett Hitch.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a prequel of the characters early days up to when they decided to ride together.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »
Robert B. Parker, who wrote Appaloosa, has written two sequels, Resolution and Brimstone. Maybe there will be another movie coming out with Virigl Cole and Everett Hitch.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a prequel of the characters early days up to when they decided to ride together.

That would be a good one. 

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
Yup, it would!

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2009, 07:04:12 PM »
Here is your proof..........
If you want to see what Ed Harris's politics are, go to the NEWSMEAT Link below. It lists all celberty campagin contributions.
Ed Harris is a bleeding heart liberal democrat just like the rest of his left wing hollywood cronys, and I for one will not support him by buying the Appalossa DVD.

Go down the list to see who, and what he donated to...about the 12th donation he made on the list is the Brady Campagin to Prevent Gun Violence...we all know what that is all about. You want to put money in this guys pocket so he can donate it to get rid of our rights....go ahead, close a blind eye, you might as well make the donation yourself.

Bill
Ed Harris's Politcal Donations
http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Ed_Harris.php
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Shotgun Steve

• Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2009, 08:14:42 PM »
Thanks for the information Bill. No more Ed Harris movies for me!! Won't help pay a
man that wants to take my rights away!! >:(

Shotgun Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Offline Stillwater

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2009, 11:30:10 PM »
Here is your proof..........
If you want to see what Ed Harris's politics are, go to the NEWSMEAT Link below. It lists all celberty campagin contributions.
Ed Harris is a bleeding heart liberal democrat just like the rest of his left wing hollywood cronys, and I for one will not support him by buying the Appalossa DVD.

Go down the list to see who, and what he donated to...about the 12th donation he made on the list is the Brady Campagin to Prevent Gun Violence...we all know what that is all about. You want to put money in this guys pocket so he can donate it to get rid of our rights....go ahead, close a blind eye, you might as well make the donation yourself.

Bill
Ed Harris's Politcal Donations
http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Ed_Harris.php

Thanks for the link, and a very truthful, astute comment...

Bill

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2009, 12:16:56 AM »
Thank you OCB, I was looking for that when first challenged here,  Couldn't remember where I had read it.

Roland Deschain

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2009, 01:01:19 AM »
OCB, I posted in the past about Ed Harris being a Left Wing loon. And for those of you who say you don't care what his personal life is I call BS. What if he was a pedophile? A member of Al-Qaeda ? But hey, that doesn't matter after all you liked the movie, right?  ::) Since when were there degrees of sin? The irony is that the very profit he makes is utilized through donations to undermine the lifestyle & freedoms that you revere. Think about it.  ;)

Offline Daniel Nighteyes

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »
Since when were there degrees of sin?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since when is supporting a legitimate political position considered a sin?  That is, unless you intend to redefine "sin" as anything that does not support your own political position. Beware, for down that road lies the monster known as political oppression.

Regards,

-- A Sinner

PS:  Folks, lets take this back to the original purpose of the thread, which is the movie.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2009, 03:42:17 PM »
I try not to give money to my enemies, those who would use that very money to deprive me of my constitutional rights. e.g., the right of gun ownership. I think that's a very elementary point to grasp.

A. Money given to Left Wing loons.

B. They use money to fund Left Wing loon politicians who don't think you need a gun.

All clear?  ;)

Offline Will Penny

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2009, 03:52:26 PM »
I try not to give money to my enemies, those who would use that very money to deprive me of my constitutional rights. e.g., the right of gun ownership. I think that's a very elementary point to grasp.

A. Money given to Left Wing loons.

B. They use money to fund Left Wing loon politicians who don't think you need a gun.

All clear?  ;)

you pretty much made your point, why not let them go back to talking about the movie like the thread was orginally about...your point is well taken by those that care as you do..
Will Penny

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
The prequal idea is good one.  They would definately use different actors and we wouldn't have to worry about who was getting the money and where that money was sent.  So here's a question ta get this back on track...who would be good as younger Cole and younger Hitch? 

Roland Deschain

Offline Marshal Deadwood

• SHOOTER FOR HIRE
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Home of the Plainsmen
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2009, 07:36:18 PM »
I agree with FCK and the others. No mo' watching Ed Harris for me. I put him in the same slot as Alex Balwin now,,not watchable.

I do CARE...it matters to me. And if he wasn't a STAR, and it was ME..or one of us ORDINARY guys, we'd be crucified byeveryone here,,(as we should be),,so why the special treatment for a hollywood cowboy ?

And remember this... the ones that care and stand, carry the cross for the ones that do not.

MD

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2009, 08:28:17 PM »
I agree with FCK and the others. No mo' watching Ed Harris for me. I put him in the same slot as Alex Balwin now,,not watchable.

I do CARE...it matters to me. And if he wasn't a STAR, and it was ME..or one of us ORDINARY guys, we'd be crucified byeveryone here,,(as we should be),,so why the special treatment for a hollywood cowboy ?

And remember this... the ones that care and stand, carry the cross for the ones that do not.

MD

Yer dern straight.  I could almost hear the retreat call on the bugle when OCB found the link I was looking for. 

Oh, we wasn't ta talk about this no more.  I fergot.

Roland Deschain

Offline Ottawa Creek Bill

• Vietnam Vet 1966,67 First place, Southeast Asia Rifle Team, "66/67"
  • Top Active Citizen
  • OCB, A Newer, More Gentler NCOWS Member...........
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »
If you want to find out how your celebrities and politicians think, that site has most of the up to date information.

by..Will Penny.....
....you pretty much made your point, why not let them go back to talking about the movie like the thread was originally about...your point is well taken by those that care as you do..

Which are most people that car about their civil liberties being trampled on.

OCB
Vice Chairman American Indian Council of Indianapolis
Vice Chairman Inter tribal Council of Indiana
Member, Ottawa-Chippewa Band of Indians of Michigan
SASS # 2434
NCOWS # 2140
CMSA # 3119
NRA LIFER

Offline Will Penny

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2009, 02:19:42 PM »
If you want to find out how your celebrities and politicians think, that site has most of the up to date information.

by..Will Penny.....
Which are most people that car about their civil liberties being trampled on.

OCB

I agree with you whole hardly, we all care about the anti-gunners and what they are trying to do to us, my suggestion was, you made your point, mine was we agree with you, BUT let them go back to talking about the movie..thats all..thinking that I don't care is wrong, I do, as do most here...

might I suggest you start a thread telling us all just who in Hollywood are anti-gun, we know about Ed haris and the Baldiwns are there more? I'll join you there. ;D
Will Penny

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com