Author Topic: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.  (Read 1183050 times)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
Re: Singin' the Blues or any other durn thing ya want.
« Reply #460 on: April 08, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
Man that was too easy, I gotta work harder now....But, actually it was "Dr Wests Medicine Show and Junk Band..Still how many folks know that song, let alone who done it...what a group!!!<g>

curley

It was tough enough however you are right with the Junk Band......Leo, Spirit in the sky had a record it's self being on the top 10 as long as it did.   I like the Kentucky Headhunters cover of it.

lr<who needed the xtree points after blowing the pee question
Mathew 5.9

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »
Well - Since this is a "song" I like that I'll bet FEW know about, here's your stumper, I'll bet.  I'll give you the name of the selection, complete with hints.

I used to play this when I was still working in the music business (record manufacturing and distribution) and NO ONE had ever heard it, but the group made at least one album (the vinyl kind  ;) ) on the RCA label.  RCA was not known to record
"no-talent" new groups - but I guess THAT could be debated.  :D  Anyway, this selection would be a good "gotta pee-pee" song, as it was the entire side 2 of the album.  The group was kind of a mix of Styx, Emerson-Lake-&-Palmer, jazz, and some Allman Bros thrown in.          Ready?

(I'll save ya some time:  Mr. Google knows nothing about it.  That I could find.)

"It'sNotaSonotaButIt'sClose"
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
<----*looks side to side at the other contestants then scratches his head*  Sonata?
Mathew 5.9

Advertising

« Reply #463 on: Today at 06:41:01 PM »

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2008, 04:04:05 PM »
THIS NOT A GUESS  :P (the clues don't match a bit)

Weren't many pieces that took up both sides of an LP so-- I hope you don't mind if I sit this one out...  ;D

Good luck Rooster, it wouldn't suprise me ta see Del pull an answer outta his hat.  (Are side bets appropriate here?)

Leo
"When you have to shoot, shoot.  Don't talk."
     Tuco--The Good the Bad and the Ugly

"First comes smiles, then lies.  Last is gunfire."
     Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2008, 05:09:47 PM »
No Del until tomorrow some time. He doesn't work today..............Buck 8) ::)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: April 09, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »
No Del until tomorrow some time. He doesn't work today..............Buck 8) ::)

Leo eyes his phone an considers how much HE hates bein called on his day off  ;D

Temptin, very temptin

Roland Deschain

"Every man steps in the manure now an again, trick is not ta stick yer foot in yer mouth afterward"

religio SENIOR est exordium of scientia : tamen fossor contemno sapientia quod instruction.

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: April 09, 2008, 05:35:51 PM »
Rollie also played for the Padres when they wore those ugly yellow and brown uniforms.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: April 09, 2008, 05:46:39 PM »
Rollie also played for the Padres when they wore those ugly yellow and brown uniforms.
Ya mean before they exchanged em fer them uglier ones.  I think about em everytime I see a box a Froot Loops.

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: April 09, 2008, 06:32:57 PM »
<----*looks side to side at the other contestants then scratches his head*  Sonata?

??? ??? ??? ;D
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: April 09, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »

??? ??? ??? ;D

It'sNotaMusicalSonotaButIt'sClose

;D

The worst thing is - when I DO tell "all" STILL Nobody will be really any wiser.  It's not gonna bring about Whirled Peas World Peace or an end to hunger.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)  ;D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: April 09, 2008, 07:20:30 PM »
SHB, I see that you are a MASTER BLASTER. I had a buddy that I worked with was a MASTER BLASTER in the 49th Armor Reserve.  KLANK! KLANK! I'M A TANK!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: April 09, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
SHB, I see that you are a MASTER BLASTER. I had a buddy that I worked with was a MASTER BLASTER in the 49th Armor Reserve.  KLANK! KLANK! I'M A TANK!

Proud to say that yes, I am.  Was.  ;)  Haven't been called that in a while - thanks.  ;D

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: April 09, 2008, 11:31:10 PM »
He don't care what you play on the radio either Tex, as long as you play it loud ;D

I'm still looking at all the clues.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: April 09, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »
THIS NOT A GUESS  :P (the clues don't match a bit)

Weren't many pieces that took up both sides of an LP so-- I hope you don't mind if I sit this one out...  ;D

Good luck Rooster, it wouldn't suprise me ta see Del pull an answer outta his hat.  (Are side bets appropriate here?)

Leo

Or Curley Cole or Four Eyed Buck.
Mathew 5.9

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: April 09, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »
He don't care what you play on the radio either Tex, as long as you play it loud ;D

I'm still looking at all the clues.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Somebody answer that phone and get rid of that damned Bird!"   ;)  :D  ::)     ;D

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:03 AM »
Boy doing a Google search on this one is coming up Zip...Hope Del has better luck.   Maybe Alex Trebbec's Teleprompter has the right answer.
Mathew 5.9

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: April 10, 2008, 04:09:43 AM »
Better buy a couple vowels and a couple consonants!

(That was a 4-letter HINT)

Offline Leo Tanner

• RATS #401 STORM 330
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Life is Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: April 10, 2008, 05:44:40 AM »
Boy doing a Google search on this one is coming up Zip...Hope Del has better luck.   Maybe Alex Trebbec's Teleprompter has the right answer.

Another search (I hate cheating like that) came up with a piece that was written for trombone and techno synthasizer  ???  By a guy named Ken Davies.  Didn't hear any clips but saw the sheet music--weird stuff.

Or Curley Cole or Four Eyed Buck.

An yer right, there are many here that have quite a musical prowess  ;D 

Leo

Roland Deschain

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »
SHB, LR is right I have to play it LOUD.  I carried a Colt ACP for about 15 years. Shot them alot without ear protection. I tuned on race cars, again no ear protection.  We need to talk about the CAF.  Maybe we can, I am planning on coming to the Muster.  My Dad was a B25 pilot in WWII.  He started in B17s before the War started.  He was switched to 25s and sent to Florida.  He would have been flying one of those B17s that tried to land at Hickman on the 7th.   He was a Eglin field in Fla. while Doolittle's Raiders were training to take off from the Hornet. They didn't tell anyone until it was over.   The Group was reorganized and put in the 12th Air Force and sent to North Africa just before the Battle od Cazarine Pass.  He spent 42 through 45 overseas, North Africa and the Med. They had modified some 25s with  75 mm howitsers mounted in the nose to attack German E Boats.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »
SHB, LR is right I have to play it LOUD.  I carried a Colt ACP for about 15 years. Shot them alot without ear protection. I tuned on race cars, again no ear protection.  We need to talk about the CAF.  Maybe we can, I am planning on coming to the Muster.  My Dad was a B25 pilot in WWII.  He started in B17s before the War started.  He was switched to 25s and sent to Florida.  He would have been flying one of those B17s that tried to land at Hickman on the 7th.   He was a Eglin field in Fla. while Doolittle's Raiders were training to take off from the Hornet. They didn't tell anyone until it was over.   The Group was reorganized and put in the 12th Air Force and sent to North Africa just before the Battle od Cazarine Pass.  He spent 42 through 45 overseas, North Africa and the Med. They had modified some 25s with  75 mm howitsers mounted in the nose to attack German E Boats.

What'd ya say?  :o :o  ::)

I asked in my IM what yer pa flew and here's the answer.  I'll bet those '75s in the B25s would rattle yer fillings!!!  See you at the Muster ... I hope.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com