Author Topic: 2007 National Shoot  (Read 40117 times)

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
Re: 2007 National Shoot
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2007, 06:21:55 PM »
Heck Mike it takes you almost that long to SHOOT 50 rounds! ;)

Will Ketchum

Pretty much. :-[    Quickfire says that if you are shooting clean, you are shooting too slow.  So....I guess I'm not shooting too slow.  I came close (but no cigar) last weekend.  I had two misses, both on the same stage.  Nine stages clean.  Once I shoot a match clean, then I'll speed up.  The problem is my home range/posse is the KVC and no one has ever shot a match clean there.  Not even Trap. :o

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Offline Grizzle Bear

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2007, 07:38:55 AM »
Aw, shucks, Mike.....

I set up the stages, and I have never shot them all clean!

;D

Grizzle Bear

Rob Brannon
General troublemaker and instigator
NCOWS Senator
NCOWS #357
http://www.ncows.org/KVC.htm
"I hereby swear and attest that I am willing to fight four wild Comanches at arm's length with the ammunition I am shooting in today's match."

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »
Greetings, pards!

It's o-fish-ull.  My registration will be in tomorrow's mail to Jim.  Yee-haaa!  Mike Locker, AKA "Whiskey Mike" and I will be be coming down and pitchin' a tent.  Which is diff'rent than pitchin' a bi...  ;)

I'm lookin' forward to this a LOT!

See ya in the funny papers ....  ;D

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 02:15:45 PM »

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:31 PM »
Howdy SHB,

Great news!  See you soon!! ;D ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »
Jeff, that's great!  Maybe I can fill your britches full of holes again! ;)

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2007, 11:37:38 PM »
I will bring my Beretta Laramie's with me to nationals. I won't bring them to shoot, because they are not approved yet. I am bringing them to allow people to look at. In July, I will take them to the summer meeting if the Laramie gets on the agenda for approval. I have both nickle & blued versions.

Dusty

Offline Books OToole

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Michael Tatham
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 91
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2007, 10:20:21 AM »
Dusty;

Please do bring your Laramie's.  There will be members of Authenticity Committee there too look them over.  Then we can put them on the agenda for the next congress to be approved (or not).

A Berretta rep. said that he would send me a couple to review, but I have been fighting the local laws in vain.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »
Can't the Laramies be "conditionally" approved due to their marked resemblance to the original?  That way, Dusty would be able to shoot his new toy.

OK Judge.  Step up here.  Or is this too much trouble?  I don't wanna buck City Hall, but it seems to me that, considering how many firearms there are, it would be easier - and more practical - for the "authenticity committee" to specify which weapons/mods AREN'T approved, rather than trying to obtain an example of EVERY new firearm and approving it.  I know, I know ... some will say that internal mods can be made and hidden that weren't there "back in the day" and therefore against our "Spirit" of authenticity.   ???  Food for thought.

Perhaps this has been hashed 'n rehashed and isn't feasible, but ... Perhaps I'm just behind the eight ball.  Or, I AM an Eightball.  ::) ::)  ;)

Will K= one leg is enough!  ;D  And Yes, I'll be bringing and wearing the trowsers - at least once!  Oh ... wait!!  Those trowsers haven't been approved by the "authenticity Committee!"  :o  (That's a joke, pards!  :D )

Dr. Bob, Books, RCJ, Griz and all y'all others, I'm lookin' ahead with great anticipation!!!!!  June 19th (travel day) can't come soon enough!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2007, 01:33:59 PM »
Jeff;

I have plenty of other toys I can use. I am not seeking to shoot my Laramies at the Nationals. I will seek premission from local clubs, for local shoots. At Nationals, only approved firearms should be used.

Dusty

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »
Dusty, we need to hold you up as an example as to how members should proceed when they buy new guns.   Wait and see if they are approved but don't whine that you spent all this money and want to shoot your new toys.

I have know you for quite some time now and the more I know you the more I admire you.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:23 PM »
Jeff;

I have plenty of other toys I can use. I am not seeking to shoot my Laramies at the Nationals. I will seek premission from local clubs, for local shoots. At Nationals, only approved firearms should be used.

Dusty

Very good point, Dusty.  I agree.  As Will said, No whining allowed.  Besides, like Books suggested, actually having one "in hand" makes the approval process easier. 

I made my point for discussion's sake, not to gripe 'bout the way things are done.  Just an alternate view on how to achieve the ultimate goal of authenticity.  I love my shorty birdhead highly customized (Old Model) Ruger Vaquero 'Sheriff's Model', but it doesn't see any NCOWS use!  ;)  ;)

Offline sharps54

• Top Active Citizen
  • Alias Mild Myles
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »
Dusty, we need to hold you up as an example as to how members should proceed when they buy new guns.   Wait and see if they are approved but don't whine that you spent all this money and want to shoot your new toys.

I have know you for quite some time now and the more I know you the more I admire you.

Will Ketchum

You mean as a brand new member I can't complain about how I should be able to shoot all the guns I already own for other CAS activies?!? :o What a revolutionary concept, probably why I like you guys! Please do all of us that can't make the Nationals a favor and tip one back for us!
Mild Myles

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2007, 07:31:53 PM »
Mild Myles,

I will do my share for all of you that are geographically or other wise challenged! ;D :o ;D :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2007, 06:32:06 AM »
If last year was any indication, the whining is noticible by it's absence at the National Shoot.  What really happens is that your face hurts for two weeks from all the grinning.  Just ask Dr. Bob.  Ten more days-- and I will have my NCOWS USFA to show off.  I am already squirming in anticipation.

We've got some fun and challenging stages, live entertainment, and just plain fun planned.
French Jack

Offline Trap

• NCOWS
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John Torrence
  • NCOWS #: 851
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2007, 07:37:33 AM »
   Is there a round count for the different classes?
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
 Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
   Is there a round count for the different classes?

I wondered that my self, Trap, since there's no indication on the website.

Also, For BP Duelist (and other classes except Working Cowboy) will we need 2 pistols and a pocket pistol (and shoot-gun & pistol caliber rifle, I assume) ?  I guess I'm so used to our policy at GLFMC where one main match pistol is the norm, not 2 like SASS.  (This WASN'T written as a nasty or poking comment.)

Offline Irish Dave

• Retired Marshal
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2007, 11:57:01 AM »
Jeff:

Just thought I'd clarify.

While you're right, one pistola is the "norm" at GLFMC, any member who wants to shoot any of the two-pistol classes is always welcome to do so and is cheerfully accommodated. Bottom line is, that the Working Cowboy class has become so popular at GLFMC that it's rare that we have anyone wanting to shoot any other class -- not that we don't offer the other classes if a shooter wishes.
Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »
That's pretty much as I thought, Irish Dave.  I seem to remember that last year's National (BP Duelist) DID call for 2 pistols, a shotgun, a pistol caliber rifle and perhaps a pocket pistol, but I'm not sure about the pocket pistol.

Still curious about a round count, 'tho.

Thanks all.

Offline French Jack

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »
For those of you wanting a round count, here goes.  Pistol caliber rifle-- 100 rds.is plenty.  2 pistol classes will need 110 rounds of ammo, 1 pistol classes will need 60.  No pocket pistol.  Shotgun if your class requires it-- a box is plenty.  This will cover the main stages.  There are plenty of side matches, so bring a pile of ammo for them.  There will also be derringer and pocket pistol side matches.
French Jack

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2007, 05:51:46 PM »
How about for my Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact?  LOL...just kidding.  I am looking forward to this event.  I am planning on it being the high point of my season. :D :D :D
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com