Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Looks to me like Ross is in the minority here.  Me too. 

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on July 27, 2015, 06:06:25 AM
Looks to me like Ross is in the minority here.  Me too.

Perhaps I am in the minority as far as posting but I believe plenty of people are reading.
And I believe people are growing tired of being over taxed by West Elk USD-282.
I am led to believe that because of folks I have spoke to person to person.
I am led to believe that because of the resounding "NO" on the last two school Bond Issues.

I believe if I start a petition to stop the present 8-mil tax hike requested that I will have no problem collecting the proper number of signitures.

I start learning, what I need to know this morning, in order to help the taxpayers of West Elk USD-282. 

Especially for the Senior Citizens like myself who can not afford the constant bombardment of taxation from West Elk USD-282.

Ross

Quote from: Joesue23 on July 27, 2015, 05:45:51 AM
Ross is the Obuma of Howard and Elk County. Let's let him know it.

Sorry Joesue Ross is not the Obuma of Elk County you are so wrong again.

But guess who is?

Guess who thinks they have the ability to write executive orders?

I'm pretty certain you have no clue !

Well. it is the West Elk School Board USD 282 in my opinion !

To everyone else, good morning.

I have been to Howard this morning and boy did I learn a lot !

First, I visited the Elk County Court House and was treated really politely and I appreciate that very much.
We do have some very fine employees at the court house and I appreciate them.

First I learned there are  1542   West Elk USD-282 registered voters.
I also learned if I do a petition to stop this ridiculous property tax increase I have to run it by the County Lawyer. I did briefly speak with the attorney as I was leaving the parking lor and he yold me he would have to loo that up because he wasn't sure. So I'm glad to have talked with him.

Back to the 6-mil tax.
I stopped at the USD-282 office and was about to ask for an FOIA form but asked verbally about the vocational school under the school board as stated in the resolution in the newspaper. And a whole conversation ensued between me and Mr. Moore the School Superintendent and several of his staff.
I don't believe they thought I knew what I was talking about, so one of the staff ran and got the newspaper and eventually found the resolution and sure enough that is what it said.

At any rate they said, oh that's just a "LAUNDRY LIST".
I'm thinking they mean a "GARBAGE LIST" !

Mr. Moore explains it is just simply a to do list the resolution requires by the state law, and really nothing more.

I'll say they have no plans of acquiring building sites and they have no students to pay for housing and boarding for. Mr Moore said housing and boarding hasn't been done for years. So go figure.

He goes on to say there is no nearby Vocational School under the board and that this list only represents things the school board can do, if they want to, but don't have to do.

He stated that there was only $100,000.00 plus in the Capital Outlay Fund because they used that money towards the A/C's and roof repair and to do the football field and the softball field and buy a bus. And then said if they have anymore breakdowns or need a new school bus they don't have the funds.

I asked if that was the $1,000,000.00 unencumbered funds that had been discussed at another visit and he said yes. And I added that the $1 Million that would have paid for the roof repair and air conditioning in full a couple of years ago, right? And he responded yes but then the plan of building extensions on to the building. I said that's where they wasted #10's of thousands of dollars even though the voters had been telling them no.

Folks to me none of this warrants an 8-mil Obama Executive Type property tax increase and I hope you feel the same way.

So, now I start working on fashioning a petition to prevent this Obama Executive Type type action.

If we manage to stop this resolution the School Board can then put it on the next election ballot. But they don't really want to ask your permission other wise they would not have gone about this the way they have (IMHO).

I have to try to figure out how to reach a bunch to you to sign it. Unlike the School District, I do not have money to mail all of you a petition to sign. I may set up on a downtown corner with the petition, I may walk door to door for signatures. I don't know just yet, but if anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

Thanks for indulging me.

I have to get busy and the rest of my day is full.

Joesue23

I beleve the voters of USD 282 are smart enough to to decide on their own if they want to approve the bond issues. Many of those voters are parents and taxpayers and they are will ing to pay more so their  Children and Grand Children can have a better school.you tried to tell the voters who to elect as County Commissioner and they went totally the other  and elected the Commissioner you tried to block. As in most cases the people are going to go against you because of you ranting and raving and negative attitude. Ross you are a loser.

proelkco

Ross would please tell us why your own child does not go to school at West Elk?

Ross

Quote from: Joesue23 on July 27, 2015, 01:46:11 PM
I beleve the voters of USD 282 are smart enough to to decide on their own if they want to approve the bond issues. Many of those voters are parents and taxpayers and they are will ing to pay more so their  Children and Grand Children can have a better school.you tried to tell the voters who to elect as County Commissioner and they went totally the other  and elected the Commissioner you tried to block. As in most cases the people are going to go against you because of you ranting and raving and negative attitude. Ross you are a loser.

Get Educated, please.
There is no bond issue, no, nada, no such thing in this issue.

Are you sure you are not Elk Konnected just harrassing me?

Well I believe you are?

Ross

Quote from: proelkco on July 27, 2015, 02:03:18 PM
Ross would please tell us why your own child does not go to school at West Elk?

Sure proelco.

My son does not attend West Elk Because of multiple bad attitudes at that campass.

Just like the bad attitudes described throughout this thread of the School Board.

The Elk Valley school has numerous students attending there that should be at West Elk but tbecause of attitude their parents send them to Elk Valley.

Also, I am fully aware a few Elk Valley students attend West Elk but only because of sports.

Is your curiosity fullfilled, even though it has nothing to do with the extreme taxation of property owners?

I answered your question now you answer mine.

Are you a property owner in the West Elk School District and are you a registered voter in Elk County?

Joesue23

Ross everybody I have talked to says the attitude on the West Elk campus is great. The only bad attitudes on The Forum is you.  We are not Elk Connected, we don't even know what it is. I think you are the only Elk Connected person on the Forum. In fact you are almost the only one on the Forum as you have ruined it for everyone Else.

Ross

Quote from: Joesue23 on July 27, 2015, 05:35:49 PM
Ross everybody I have talked to says the attitude on the West Elk campus is great. The only bad attitudes on The Forum is you.  We are not Elk Connected, we don't even know what it is. I think you are the only Elk Connected person on the Forum. In fact you are almost the only one on the Forum as you have ruined it for everyone Else.

You have absolutly no knowledge as shown in your previous post.
And you show a lack if knowledge of Elk County by saying you don't know what Elk Konnected is.
Obviously yo have no understanding of what this forum consist of.

So here is a little clue for you that this is not the only thread on this forum, please note:

217033 Posts in 14839 Topics by 653 Members

And I would venture to say that you have only visited 2 out of all 14839 Topics or threads.

But you know what? It is a free country and we all stii have the freedom of speech.
So you go right ahead and continue to speak of what you have no knowledge of. I enjoy reading your nonsense and it provides entertainment for many other readers as well. I applaud you for that.

now moving on and addressing not Montgomery County people but the people of Elk County, the taxpayers and the voters in the next post.

Thank you Joesue for the entertainment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk