Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Warph,
Thank you for your sincerity.

I believe in God as much or maybe even more than most.
But after Janet's attacks and attempt at setting me up, I find it despicable to use God against me.

I don't feel a person should use God for any reason.

I spend my time thanking God for help he has given me; I don't use him for selfish reasons. To do so is appalling to me. It is sacrilegious.

I try very hard to be civil but there is nothing civil about this recent activity.

We see enough of that coming out of the Vatican these days.

And if people can not see what she has attempted, they need to wake up.

Ross

Quote from: jacksonpollochjr on February 24, 2013, 12:37:55 AM
Come to Elk County where we eat our young.  Please don't take this thread as the real Elk County.  This thread has been going on way too long.
JPjr

Perhaps I misinterpreted, "This thread has been going on way too long." , because of a lot of sarcastic remarks about shutting this thread and because of a few people that tried to tell the owners of this forum to shut it down.

If I was wrong in understanding your intent, I apologize.

Io me it has been quite obvious the followers want this thread shut down.
This thread simply shines to much light on their organizations attempt to control Elk County. IMO.

Other wise their uglyness since the inception of this threaf would not be necessary.

flintauqua

Quote from: ROSS on February 25, 2013, 06:48:04 AM

Other wise their uglyness since the inception of this threaf would not be necessary.

The "uglyness since the inception of this thread" has been eminating from you Ross, and your handful of followers, as you have repeatedly put-down, bullied, and labeled as Konnected everyone and anyone who does not agree with you. 

For proof, readers need only go back to the first couple of pages of this thread and read what Ross wrote in response to comments from lookatmenow and mayflower.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on February 25, 2013, 07:07:08 AM
The "uglyness since the inception of this thread" has been eminating from you Ross, and your handful of followers, as you have repeatedly put-down, bullied, and labeled as Konnected everyone and anyone who does not agree with you.  

For proof, readers need only go back to the first couple of pages of this thread and read what Ross wrote in response to comments from lookatmenow and mayflower.

I totally disagree with you.

I searched through the first 16 pages and found nothing derogatory towards either lookatmenow or mayflower disagreement but not derogatory.

I have always tried very hard to be civil, I know I have lost it a couple of times and have apologized for it, I AM HUMAN!

However derogatory remarks were mad early in the thread, here are just a couple:

One of the first perhaps the first derogatory posts:
Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 30, 2011, 10:34:50 AM
Just stirrin turds to see if any float.........be careful the septic dont burp and splash back on you.

And another form of derogatory remark.
Quote from: flintauqua on May 01, 2011, 06:59:29 PM
If it were 200 years ago, I would challenge you to a honor deul, similar to Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton.  One giant difference - neither Burr or Hamilton hid behind a mask!

So thank you for your input.

flintauqua

For the record, here is the entire post that Pam wrote, that Ross selectively quoted, so you can read it in full context. 

Quote from: thatsMRSc2u on April 30, 2011, 10:34:50 AM
  I've been reading all the posts about this and all the different threads....I've been stayin out of it since we no longer live there.

I have been watchin a very underhanded campaign of insinuation......trying to implant and play on peoples natural tendencies to be suspicious of any change and any dislike of people involved or distrust of government that has kept much from happening or changing since I was a kid there in Severy. Just stirrin turds to see if any float.........be careful the septic dont burp and splash back on you.

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

flintauqua

Ross, when you modify a quote, say for instance making the font bold to make a specific word stand out, you are supposed to tell the readers that you have added the emphasis.  Otherwise the reader will get the impression that the original writer made the word stand out.

Oh, wait.  That's exactly what you wanted everyone to think, isn't it?  Just more examples of your trying to make things into what they are not.

Mom70x7

Ross -

Maybe I'm missing something, but this:

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 24, 2013, 08:27:57 PM
Let's all bow our heads and pray.

Please, Lord, help Ross to get answer to all his questions about Elk Konnected, so that he will rest easier about the whole world. In Jesus name we pray, Amen. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

has nothing sacrilegious in it.

QuoteI believe in God as much or maybe even more than most.
But after Janet's attacks and attempt at setting me up, I find it despicable to use God against me.

I don't feel a person should use God for any reason.

I spend my time thanking God for help he has given me; I don't use him for selfish reasons. To do so is appalling to me. It is sacrilegious.

To me, it appeared to be a sincere prayer: either as a friend of yours (possible, but not likely) or as a "pray for those who persecute you" situation. (That doesn't say the persecution is real or imagined, but if it is perceived as real, it's deserving of prayer.)

Ross

Quote from: flintauqua on February 25, 2013, 09:26:09 AM
Ross, when you modify a quote, say for instance making the font bold to make a specific word stand out, you are supposed to tell the readers that you have added the emphasis. 
Otherwise the reader will get the impression that the original writer made the word stand out.

Oh, wait.  That's exactly what you wanted everyone to think, isn't it?  Just more examples of your trying to make things into what they are not.

That is so much bull shit.
Who says, I am suppose to do what you say!
There you go making rules and twisting things once again.

I believe the average reader is smarter than you give them credit for.
I think they can see that I gave examples of the ugliness referred to in the previous posts.
Where as you make remarks without any proof of what you say. Nice job.

I have never tried to mislead any of the readers. But I do believe you have tried to.

The reader I believe knows they can click on the little line of words directly above the quote and check the quote for complete accuracy for themselves. And this has been pointed out several times in this thread.

Try again. Putting down the readers is just unkind of you. Keep up the good work.

In the meantime how about the real subject, Elk Konnected, LLC!

You do realize we still have a Konnected Kounty Kommissioner, don't you?

Did you notice most of the time he votes against the other County Commissioners?

Did you ever stop and wonder why? 

Ross

Quote from: Mom70x7 on February 25, 2013, 11:39:01 AM
Ross -

Maybe I'm missing something, but this:

has nothing sacrilegious in it.

You sure are entitled to your opinion.

I never said anything in the prayer was sacrilegious now did I.
And you know what, I appreciate your attempt to defend her, she should be proud of you.

But after trying to set me up and the constant denial and sarcasm following the denials makes it a false prayer in my personal opinion. Therefore sacrilegious.

Quote from: Mom70x7 on February 25, 2013, 11:39:01 AM

To me, it appeared to be a sincere prayer: either as a friend of yours (possible, but not likely) or as a "pray for those who persecute you" situation. (That doesn't say the persecution is real or imagined, but if it is perceived as real, it's deserving of prayer.)

The prayer in and of itself is a sincere prayer.
As a friend definitely not, friends do not attempt to set people up and then pray for them.

It would seem reasonable to me if she prayed for herself and her wrong doing.
If she were praying for those who as you say, "pray for those who persecute you", then she should pray for them the persecutors don't you think.

Let's just look at the prayer again, shall we.

Quote from: Janet Harrington on February 24, 2013, 08:27:57 PM
Let's all bow our heads and pray.

Please, Lord, help Ross to get answer to all his questions about Elk Konnected, so that he will rest easier about the whole world. In Jesus name we pray, Amen. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Where is persecution shown in that prayer? Are you not simply Deflecting, as others have called it?

It is not the prayer; it is the actions of the person before the prayer.
If your religious beliefs allow for this type of action so be it.  And that is not meant to be disrespectful. Quite the contrary. I don't know your beliefs, but I will accept whatever they are and not put you down for them.

We can carry on about this all day if you so desire or we can let it rest.

flintauqua

Quote from: ROSS on February 25, 2013, 12:02:13 PM

That is so much bull shit.
Who says, I am suppose to do what you say!
There you go making rules and twisting things once again.

I have never tried to mislead any of the readers. But I do believe you have tried to.

Try again. Putting down the readers is just unkind of you. Keep up the good work.

Ross, I don't make the rules, I follow them.  And I certainly didn't twist anything, that's what you are here for.

From http://www.aresearchguide.com/5quoting.html

"2. To emphasize a passage you may italicize, bold, or underline it, but you must add (italics mine) or (emphasis added) in parentheses after the passage emphasized, e.g., "My job is the best job (italics mine) there is" (Gates 147). Or, "My job is the best job (emphasis added) there is" (Gates 147)."

It was an attempt by you to mislead the readers, plain and simple.  Something you do all the time. 

And I didn't put down any readers, other than maybe yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk