Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: evanstrail on March 08, 2012, 01:43:19 PM
Loss,

How sweet of you. Or is it you really have a problem with the "R" on your keyboard?

You attack everything I post on this (and other) threads, selecting paragraphs and sentences that when taken by themselves seem to back up your very narrow, close-minded viewpoint.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I actually don't recall any other thread that I have communicated with "evanstrail" on. I'd need some help with that. So, if you please, enlighten me. There is that name calling thing again, does that really work for you.
It appears to me that you Elk Konnected, LLC followers thrive on that name calling stuff. And you accuse me of attacking you, really?

And I did not realize that communicating my opinion is considered attacking?
Wow, I'm stupid. After all I am just a redneck old hick.

Then you attack me when I give my take on what you post?

There is that attack thing again. Can anybody clarify the difference between attack and expressing an opinion in a conversation for me? It seems to be a real problem.

Actually I welcome your response's, I don't consider them attacks. So let's move on.

Thanks for reminding me and everyone else of the amazing level of hypocrisy that you and patriot perpetrate upon this Forum. 

That is just as clear as mud. Would you care to clarify and qualify that statement?

You can present your opinion on my posts, but I and others can't present ours about your posts without being ridiculed and told to go away.

What ridicule?
Have I called you names?
Have I constantly misspelled your name?
And when did I tell you to go away?
My, my.

I'll say it again, I enjoy your post's. Keep 'em coming.

Ad to that patriot continuing to spout about transparency while hiding behind his so carefully maintained veil of anonymity, and the level of hypocrisy zooms into the stratosphere.

We are not asking you for transparency now are we?
It is transparency in government, that is what was being asked.
Even Transparency in Federal Government has even been asked for by the voters.

I don't even ask for transparency from Elk Konnected, because they are a privately owned company, an LLC.
Which I suspect will probably become very wealthy in the near future.
But, I hope not at the expense of the taxpayers and some "Beggar-Thy-Neighbor" program.
But no I don't ask for transparency of an LLC.
Just our local government.

And now I have a question for you - Have you had a chance to look over any of those case studies on small town economic development I posted the link to last night.  Apparently you haven't since you haven't presented any of your out-of-context, nit-picking, always negative gleanings from any of them, overlook all of the positive outcomes to find the one out of a hundred that you feel is negative and therefore means that the strategy is a total failure.

The positive outcomes provided as advertisement.
Have you ever heard of any community advertising the bad in their own community?

Or could it be similar to the Letter from our County Commissioner Hendricks to Elk Konnected, LLC praising her own organization in a public letter. She has claimed to be the founding member, right?
You are talking about that kind of positive information aren't you?

Back up to Ord, Nebraska the first one you brought up, and all the positive they advertised.
But still the population is in decline.
The local merchants are happy, because they got taxpayers money to rebuild, so they could make more money.
But the population is still in decline since the year 2000 when they started.
I feel sorry for their decline, but it is going on every where
in lots of small communities and rural counties.

Did the wind farm increase the population of Elk County on a long term basis?
Or is that what this is really about population growth?
Or is it really about a few people lining their pockets? People with LLC's.

People, young adults tend to move to where the jobs and money and benefits are.

What happened years ago when the Walmart's Warehouse wanted to move here?

Patriot

Thanks for reminding me and everyone else of the amazing level of hypocrisy that you and patriot perpetrate upon this Forum.  You can present your opinion on my posts, but I and others can't present ours about your posts without being ridiculed and told to go away.  Ad to that patriot continuing to spout about transparency while hiding behind his so carefully maintained veil of anonymity, and the level of hypocrisy zooms into the stratosphere.

Oh bullspit.  Ross is right about the transparency issue being about government.  Further, I'll point out that I don't know you from apple butter and honestly don't much care.  Your private identity is not at issue.  Besides, names (or riding on the back of a family name) don't impress me much.  I am, however,  struck by the odd humor that you and your's continuously return to these unimportant identity issues that are really off topic.  Talk about being circular, unfocused (or a hypocrite).  But, just in case you missed it, here's my answer to your simpleminded, adolescent concerns about my identity:  Go read post #1276 on this thread (June 19, 2011).  Then quit whining and try to focus on real issues... like the crony capitalism that has become apparent in Elk County government or the questionable management of county/taxpayer resources.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Well Mr.Evanstrail I said, I wanted your posts and well sir I'd also like your input.
Perhaps somethinig we can all understand and appreciate.
That would be greatly appreciated.

I posted some news from the newspaper and praised our Elk Konnected, LLC founder and County Commissioner and Head Volleyball Coach of West Elk USD 282 for her years of service and teaching our kids good sportsmanship. I wonder did I do something wrong? I didn't even get a thank you from her as herself or as Head Coach or as County Commissioner or as Elk Konnected, LLC. 

Doesn't a sincere compliment mean anyrhing in Elk County, Doesn't it deserve at minimum a thank you?

What is wrong with Elk County and Howard?

Or is  there something wrong with recognizing a head coach that resigns?

I mean isn't that highly unususal, not to recognize a pillar of the community?

Even Dr. Whetstone, president of the school board and I believe her brother-in-law failed to give what I would have though would have been proper recoginition. What's with that?

Even Elk Konnected, LLC's association with our local newspaper failed to give her a thank-you.

Even Elk Konnected, LLC with all it's supposed community pride failed to give recognition to this event.

Why Mr. Evanstrail? Can you enlighten us why there was no positive attitude concerning this community event?

redcliffsw

Ross, you've pretty much outlined what Evanstrail is defending or promoting.

I'm thinking there's folks in Elk County who look at the whole scenario much like you do, at least I've seen some of 'em.

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on March 09, 2012, 06:58:11 AM
Ross, you've pretty much outlined what Evanstrail is defending or promoting.

I'm thinking there's folks in Elk County who look at the whole scenario much like you do, at least I've seen some of 'em.

But what is Elk Konnected, LLC's official stance on this.
Where is the positive feed back?
Afterall it is their founding member?
Or is Elk Konnected, LLC overly selective about what is good for their community?

Is there something really negative going on with Elk Konnected, LLC?
They don't recognize and publish these great accomplishments?
Come on Elk Konnected, LLC let's hear the cheers?

Why lose a Head Coach without recoginizing her years of accomplishment with out some ceremony?
Isn't that unusual?

I just don't understand.

Mr. Evanstrail accuses me of telling him to go away, which is untrue. Yet when I invite him for some positive input about a major county event, nothing?

Perhaps I am being to impatient, so let's give him some time.
That would be the polite thing to do.

Diane Amberg

Why do you think she saw it? It's been very long time since I've seen her name show up as being on the forum.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 09, 2012, 09:06:55 AM
Why do you think she saw it? It's been very long time since I've seen her name show up as being on the forum.
They read everything on this thread, you can bank on that.
Some of the followers just came back out of the woodwork in the last couple of days and now appear to have returned to the woodwork.

However I am patiently waiting to see if they respond with the facts they say they provice us taxpayers.

Thanks for asking.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Ross on March 09, 2012, 06:37:43 AM

Even Dr. Whetstone, president of the school board and I believe her brother-in-law failed to give what I would have though would have been proper recoginition. What's with that?

Dr. Whetstone is married to her cousin that is like a second or third cousin. Not her brother-in-law. Just saying.

Ross

Quote from: Janet Harrington on March 09, 2012, 07:11:39 PM
Dr. Whetstone is married to her cousin that is like a second or third cousin. Not her brother-in-law. Just saying.
Thanks Janet I new they were related somehow. I should have said "or something".
My ignorance.

Thanks again.

Ross

Really?
What do I know?
Very little that's why all the questions!

While I am talking about change and making suggestions of what might be good for the county and the appearance of the "Beggar-They-Neighbor" Plans. I'd like to address the supposed wind farm money the county may be receiving soon. They tell us it will be $850,000 I have to accept that number because, I have no other facts, only what they tell us.

I have heard that at the upcoming Elk County Commissioners meeting that the agenda will include discussion about how to spend that wind farm money.

So, I suggest the following.
Which is strictly my personal opinion.
Let's have a large showing at that meeting.
Let's suggest a mild slow down.

We all know we have an Elk Konnected County Commissioners Board. Two of the County Commissioners have openly admitted to being Konnected with Elk Konnected, LLC, a privately owned company, Haven't they?
They have proudly announced that at County Commissioners Meetings, one has proudly announced he will DEFEND Elk Konnected, LLC . I am proud of them for saying so.
The other has pointed out she is the founding member of Elk Konnected, LLC .
She is also a staff member of the LLC that they pay with our tax dollars.
Hum! I wonder how that affects her salary at that company in Leoti?

Nearly a year ago Elk Konnected, LLC  held what they called a Community Meeting and the first thing they told us was, that the County Commissioners asked them to hold the meeting to find out how the population of Elk County wished to spend the million dollars the county would be receiving annually from the wind farm.

Well folks seeing as Elk Konnected, LLC  has two Konnected County Commissioners on the Board, didn't Elk Konnected, LLC actually ask themselves to hold that so called Community Meeting?
In retrospect/hindsight I see that meeting as their first attempt at taking control of those funds.

Just think about that for a minute.

Think about the Circle of Chairs
Think about the control of Elk Konnected, LLC at their Company Meeting, which they called a Community Meeting.
Think about the fact of how Elk Konnected, LLC told you what to think and how to think.
Think about the fact that they told you where to sit and who to sit with.
Think about the fact that they told you that, you could not set by your wife/husband, your friend, your neighbor. That is almost total control in itself isn't it?
Think about the fact of how they may have controlled you by peer group pressure. Is it possible they had a facilitator in several if not all the circles?
Think about how they had the sheriff's deputies standing by to throw anyone out, that did not abide by their control mechanism's.
Also, consider the fact that there is no documentation for that meeting except for the first page of this thread, that I can find?
Do you know of any documentation?
If so, how about providing it right here on this forum, please?

Now consider this, please.

When Elk Konnected, LLC has gone before the Konnected County Commissioners asking for a handout, aren't they simply asking themselves, to vote to give themselves a handout of your tax dollars?
And the Konnected County Commissioners held and still hold the majority vote, don't they?
They also recommended that the County hire a Youth Development employee and the Konnected County Commissioners held the majority vote again, right?
There would really be no justification for the third County Commissioner to vote against them would there? I really have no idea how the third County Commissioner voted, but I don't see where it would have made any difference if he were to vote no, do you?

Our one and only NON-Elk Konnected County Commissioner Mr. Ritz has tried at the last several meetings to get the board to discuss this money ... with no response. The other Commissioners are Konnected, right?

Mr. Ritz the only NON-Elk KonnectedCounty Commissioner (at the last meeting) suggested a percentage distribution of the money for property tax relief, road improvement materials, debt reduction and pay adjustments for some county employees (he even gave the percentages)... again there was no real response concerning his suggestions from Hendricks or Liebau.... not even really discussed it.

No co-operation from the Konnected County Commissioners, not even a discussion.
Are you getting the picture?

Hendricks when asked directly about her ideas.... no answer.
What does that mean?
Not until  Elk Konnected, LLC  is ready?
Does that mean Konnected Visionaries weren't ready?
Does that mean that the Progressive Forward Thinking Konnected folks weren't ready?

How many people are actually Konnected?
Not very many as far as I can ascertain?

I can only find five people listed on their steering committee board and one other listed separately.
And I can't find anyone listed on any of their other panels called action teams/
They claim there is no membership, what's with that?
So with only 6 people and no membership, it appears the only thing they have going is the POWER of being County Commissioners and School Board Members, does it seem the same way to you?

And considering the fact that they failed at running their own business, the Wellness Center and sold it, they failed, didn't they?
Do you want them making immediate decisions on how this $850,000 should be spent?

And some More to think about:

Do you think the money from the wind farm will burn a hole in the county's coffers?
Do you really want  Elk Konnected, LLC  as Konnected County Commissioners to have further control of the county's coffers (purse strings), and making decisions for you the taxpayer?

They will listen to your suggestions, that doesn't mean they will use those suggestions?
Just like, I don't expect you to follow these suggestions.
I would hope you will make up your own mind and make your own decisions.

It has been documented on this thread how the Konnected County Commissioners have abused the county resources, hasn't it?

Remember, how they abused the County Emergency Call system, right?
And other things as well, haven't they?

Remember how they abused the County Web site, until called on it?

Now they are using the School Districts resources, which I thought was for the education of our children. I didn't know it was open for privately owned companies to use whenever they want, while all the taxpayers foot the bill for them, did you? Oh, that's right the President of the School Board is related to  Elk Konnected, LLC isn't he?
How many other School Board members are Konnected?

Are these really good neighbors and citizens, is this the expected behavior of good neighbors and citizens?

If your next door neighbor came over and used your garage and your computer and your personal web site and your telephone just whenever he wanted to, would you consider that to be a good neighbor?

It's already paid for, you paid for it so it must be free. So, he just walks in and starts using it, now that's a really good deal for your neighbor isn't it.

Maybe your neighbor might walk in and use your child's cell phone or computer, that's got to be okay, right?
He or she is a good neighbor, ri ::)ht?
But don't you dare go to that neighbors house with out expecting to pay to use their exercise equipment.
No, no way.
It's just fair because they have an LLC.

I believe that our county government and school district elected officials should stop funding a privately owned Limited Liability Company (LLC's) or any organization that funds such a company, with taxpayers money.
Don't you?

Shouldn't they leave the money's and resources for use by real and actual communities and the children's education. And not for fabricated and imagined or fictitious communities.

No matter how many times, they say the money is not taxpayers money, and that it is something different, the money belongs to all taxpayers, voters and citizens of this county, because it is in the county taxpayers coffers.

And any and all moneys in the county coffers are property of all taxpayers, voters and citizens, and you are the taxpayers, voters and citizens in this county, right?
All taxpayers, citizens and voters have a say.
Truthfully simple, isn't it?

Do you think that money from the wind farm needs to be spent immediately?
How about considering, let the money set in the bank until after the County Commissioners Election is held?
How about considering, let the money accrue some interest at least that long?
But, I doubt that will even be considered, because some people have plans for that money.

You don't need my permission to ignore this whole thread, if that is what you choose to do, and you have my blessings if you do so.  This is just my thoughts, my opinions about the present situation in Elk County, and that is all there is to it.

Would you, as a taxpayer, citizen and voter like a Participatory County Government?
Where you the taxpayer are actually a participate?
Show up and tell the Commissioners tomorrow, that's easy enough, isn't it.

I'd suggest that you let the County Commissioners know, by showing up at this meeting.
Tomorrow 1:00 PM County Court House, try to be there. I'm going to try to be there.
Tell them to wait until after the elections to spend the wind farm money's.
Or not.
Your decision.

Thanks for reading this.

Talk is good as long as it is not an illusion, and you are not allowed to escape from it.
But if the talk is simply an illusion repeatedly pushed on you it is not good talk.
I only offer my opinion and suggest you ignore it.
See, no illusion.
And I usually ask questions, that receive no real answers.

Elk County Commissioner Meeting
When: Mar 12, 2012 TOMORROW
1:00 pm Where: Elk County Courthouse
Commissioners Room

But, I suspect if enough people show up they may move to a court room.

Again Really?
What do I know?
Very little that's why all the questions!
Win, Win, Win
Maybe?

I have been asked, what I would suggest to bring people into the area to increase population.
Well, I can't really come up with anything new, that hasn't been tried before and I don't have any visionaries. I can only offer what I have read about many years ago.

But, I sure wouldn't give tax breaks or special advantages to the wealthy that already live here.
That is simply a "Beggar-They-Neighbor" Plan.

If the county is truly interested in population growth and attracting people to the community there is a program that has been used by other communities that were desperate for grow population as well. The community would make available a lot (a small piece of property) available to a family with children for free, with conditions.  The conditions were to build a house on the lot with-in a year and 5 years with no property tax. The idea was to grow the population and to increase the student enrollment in the local school district.

Why?

Because each child increased the monies collected by the school district from the state and after five years the county, the school district and the city started receiving more property tax.

This would also improve the local merchants profits by each and every new family and the spending of money at their local stores.

A win for the new family.
A win for the community and local stores by having a new family, adding more spending money to the local economy.
A win for the school district by adding children to the enrollment.
A win for the school district by adding another taxpayer.
A win for the county by adding another taxpayer.
A win for the town they move into by adding another taxpayer.

And most of all not a "Beggar-They-Neighbor" Plan.
That provides for those people that may not have school age children.
After all aren't children the essential key to overall growth, aren't they?

Perhaps, this idea could be explored and studied?
Perhaps even study the idea of providing a vacant home at wholesale with stipulation's of fixing up and repairing.

That would eliminate a vacant home that would probably disintegrate un-occupied, or be vandalized, or could be moved into by some homeless person, right? None of which would be good for the neighborhood?

This could be discussed and changed in various ways to attract family's with children.
If attracting family's with children and increasing the population is the actual goal.

Thanks again for reading this.

This is strictly my personal opinion and thoughts and questions nothing more?

Don't forget the Elk County Commissioners Meeting   When:  TOMORROW   1:00 PM      Where: Elk County Courthouse in Howard.    

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk