Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

I really was looking forward to some constructive criticism on my last couple of posts.
Especially the last one with all the numbers.

I figured I would perhaps have made some errors in all them numbers.

I guess I didn't goof. It's just that I'm not sure, because it doesn't sound as good as we were led to believe and i was hoping I was wrong.

Diane Amberg

You'd have to talk to an engineer or physicist to totally get it but there is no such thing as 100% efficiency with wind, water or any such"power" source. Your numbers are pretty good .Due to the earth's gravity and friction loss and all the variables of wind speed ,size of the blades ,etc. you could bust your brain unless you have hours to discuss this and become familiar with Betz Law.
 I can pretty much do it with figuring out the same idea with water through a fire hose. On long lays one has to adjust the pump pressure according to the friction loss or nothing comes out the other end!
The definition of "good" in the wind turbines case is totally subjective. How good does it have to be to be realistic and acceptable?
Blue  Water Wind ,who was planning to build off the coast here was predicting about 20-35% efficiency most of the time.I don't have the cost per kwh any longer, but it wasn't bad considering all the start up costs.

Ross

Diane, I do beleive after a year of operation, providing they pay the PILOT per the contract, we should be able to calculate the efficiency of Italy's windfarm here in Elk County.

We should also be able to calculate the approximate megawatts actually put out. And by finding out the wholesale price of electricity and a whole lot of guesstimating we could get a reasonable guesstimate of how much profit in the form of American dollars are then exported to Italy, don't ya think?

You know, I wonder if anyone representing Elk County that knows about the transmission of electricity was even present on the initial start up to verify the initial start up wattage?

Also, for such a big deal, I wonder, did I miss out on the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony?
Did I miss the write up in the local newspaper about the major event of recyclable energy?

Did Elk Konnected, LLC miss a chance at a major event?

Shouldn't we have an annual Green Power Festival, with bands and parades and a big feed and vendors and everything?
Perhaps, Enel would support such a thing with some funds,  what do you suppose?

How about a Moon light dance under the blinking red lights atop the turbine's?
Wouldn't that be the cat's meow?

Where are all the visionary's when you need them?

Ross

I gotta tell you, I was informed by a strong supporter of Elk Konnected, LLC that people are shying away from Elk Konnected, LLC. Now I'm not going to say who that person is for several reasons.  

1. I like the person and that person may think I am trying to do them harm. Which, I definitely do not want to do.
2. If they want to out themselves or notice their business.
3. I just don't rollover on people.

Organization's that keep secrets is a different story.

I was all for Elk Konnected in the beginning, with all their talk of wanting a better quality of life and such. All the talk of helping the communities. Yea, I was for all that, who wouldn't be?

But gradually the truth came out and I think the truth is still developing?

County Commissioner Hendricks claims to be founder of Elk Konnected.
She also claimed as Elk Konnected, LLC to want to have open and honest dialog with Elk County. Really?
Where is it?

What use to be Elk Konnected, community organizers I thought, (you know the same thing President Obama us to do) Well it soon became Elk Konnected, LLC  (a privately owned company) claiming they needed to protect themselves from lawsuits. Really?

Is it they don't trust the people of Elk County and have to protect themselves from the population.

Doesn't that give them an aura of being DisKonnected.

Really?

Or is it perhaps as a privately owned company they don't have to have open records, they don't have to answer to the public. Could that be the real reasons?

And after all those donations by 60 some unnamed people, then Elk Konnected became an LLC so any donations made directly to Elk Konnected, LLC would no longer be tax deductible.

So donors have been redirected to donate to ECCEF  and to tell ECCEF the donation is for Elk Konnected, LLC isn't that the game now? Oh, a question for you folks. Wasn't ECCEF founded by our County Commissioner Liz Hendricks the same person who founded Elk Konnected, LLC? Just asking? Gosh?

The reason this thread was started was because of the so called Community Conversation Committee Report posted on page one of this therad. At the so called Community Conversation I seem to remember that we were told that the county Commissioners wanted Elk Konnected to hold this conversation on behalf of the County Commissioners.

At the time I was not aware that two out of three of the County Commissioners were Elk Konnected, LLC. And you know I just don't understand how most people wouldn't understand the conflict of interest. That Two County Commissioners who have involvement in one way or another connected to the windfarm and involvement with Elk Konnected, LLC. It is just unfathomable to me for anyone to be incapable if seeing that.

And that Community Conversation was in no way representative of any kind of conversation I have ever seen in my life.

The County Commissioners were present and as leaders of the county could have held an actual community conversation but failed to do so.  They left the control of the circus atmosphere of circled chairs in the hands of a stranger from way over in Leoti, Kansas.You know haw square dancing works, you have circles of people that square dance in them and you have someone calling the dance telling people what to do. Yea, that's the atmosphere I saw.

Well back to people leaving Elk Konnected, LLC if they happened to read something here on this thread that give them thought, and they decide for them selves to move away from Elk Konnected, LLC that is absolutely thier own choice.

I only say more power to them.

here is an idea! How about someone start an Elk County Taxpayers Association. To stop the bleeding of taxpaeyr dollars.
Make it an LLC so you can keep secrets too!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on February 22, 2012, 07:00:12 PM
You'd have to talk to an engineer or physicist to totally get it but there is no such thing as 100% efficiency with wind, water or any such"power" source. Your numbers are pretty good .Due to the earth's gravity and friction loss and all the variables of wind speed ,size of the blades ,etc. you could bust your brain unless you have hours to discuss this and become familiar with Betz Law.
 I can pretty much do it with figuring out the same idea with water through a fire hose. On long lays one has to adjust the pump pressure according to the friction loss or nothing comes out the other end!
The definition of "good" in the wind turbines case is totally subjective. How good does it have to be to be realistic and acceptable?
Blue  Water Wind ,who was planning to build off the coast here was predicting about 20-35% efficiency most of the time.I don't have the cost per kwh any longer, but it wasn't bad considering all the start up costs.

Hydro is 95% efficiency rate. Nat gas is 95%  Nuclear power is around 60% BUT the rods if the law would allow them to be reprocessed can be reused again and again thereby making the efficiency rate go up.  Also nuclear produces more products than electric and heat. They use many of the isotopes for medical, science, construction ect....
Even wood can be 75% efficient for heating and power generation. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Hi Srkruzich,

I was just kicking some numbers around. I believe the average wholesale cost for 1MWHr of electricity is $35.
Doesn't sound like much does it. But if you calculate that for 24 hrs a day X 365 days for 200MW at 40% efficiency it's a tidy sum. I come up with about $25 Million. Basically electricity generated by free wind, financed by Renewable Energy taxpayer dollars and taxpayers stimulus Dollars leaves behind a lollipop and export lots of dollars to another country.

I figure we get the lollipop while about $20 Million gets exported to Italy providing they run at peak efficeincy.
Doesn't that  do wonders for the Economics of our Country's trade deficit.

Doesn't that fall under the magic political words of Economic Development?

Is that PATRIOTIC ??????

I'm no mathmatician so my numbers may be wrong and they are guesstimates anyway. But it's the point that counts.

While our country is having financial problems like the rest of the world why are we giving MILLIONS away to other countries?

Ross

Welcom to the weekend.

But before it begins I'd like to ask if anyone has heard of Elk Konnected, LLC doing anything lately to improve the quality of life in Elk County.

I haven't read anything in the paper.

So, I thought I'd ask ?

What's happening Elk Konnected, LLC?

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on February 24, 2012, 01:43:16 PM
Hi Srkruzich,

I was just kicking some numbers around. I believe the average wholesale cost for 1MWHr of electricity is $35.
Doesn't sound like much does it. But if you calculate that for 24 hrs a day X 365 days for 200MW at 40% efficiency it's a tidy sum. I come up with about $25 Million. Basically electricity generated by free wind, financed by Renewable Energy taxpayer dollars and taxpayers stimulus Dollars leaves behind a lollipop and export lots of dollars to another country.

I figure we get the lollipop while about $20 Million gets exported to Italy providing they run at peak efficeincy.
Doesn't that  do wonders for the Economics of our Country's trade deficit.

Doesn't that fall under the magic political words of Economic Development?

Is that PATRIOTIC ??????

I'm no mathmatician so my numbers may be wrong and they are guesstimates anyway. But it's the point that counts.

While our country is having financial problems like the rest of the world why are we giving MILLIONS away to other countries?

ROSS your not counting the government subsidy. ALong with no taxes paid, they get a government subsidy from the feds. YOU HAVE To count that in. Cause without it, the cost far exceeds the production value. 

like ive said it for years, solar, wind, ethanol, all of it if it were not for the subsidy they couldn't operate at a profit.   
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Here we go again.

Don't these Elk Konnected County Commissioners have no shame, principles, or Ethics?

What am I talking about?

Well how about the Elk Konnected School Board Members?

Were they elected to advertise for Elk Konnected, LLC on the School Districts Taxpayers web site?

Is the school for the kids  or for Elk konnected, LLC?

It took an aunt of a County Commissioner for them to realize they were doing wrong and to shame them and for them to remove their message from the County Taxpayers web site?

Don't they realize they are doing the very same thing?

Don't they realize they are abusing the All the Taxpayers?
Sure they do, right?
Do they care?

They started their organization based on conflict within the county, didn't they?
Just what do they think they are doing, using taxpayers resources as their own?
Especially, since the resources are suppose to be there for the children of the school district, not privately owned business?

I have to ask, Elk Konnected, LLC directly, have you no shame. no principles, no ethics?
If you do please explain where they are?
Show us where, please?

This is what is posted on the West Elk School web site, at

http://www.westelk.us/joomladev/index.php/new-2/20-elk-konnected-to-offer-free-fitness-classes-in-january-and-februar

Elk Konnected to offer free fitness classes in January and Februar

The Elk Konnected Wellness Team is offering free fitness classes for the public in
2012.  Starting Jan. 9 and continuing through February, the
team will coordinate classes at
West Elk, Elk Valley, Moline Library, and Grenola Library.  
Following are the locations
and times:  West Elk Auditorium area on Mondays at 4 p.m.,
Grenola Library on Tuesday
at 9:30 a.m., Elk Valley Board
Room on Wednesday at 4 p.m.,
and Moline Library on Monday
at 10:30 a.m.  
In addition to these classes,
Zumba classes will be held at
the Get Fit (fitness center located in Howard).  A small fee of
$1/class/member and $3/class/
non-member will be charged.  
Let's get fit in 2012!  Members of the Elk Konnected Wellness Team are Shirley Black,
Liz Hendricks, Julie Perkins,
Kandace Metcalf, Jennifer
Montgomery, and Kim Varney

They say free, but then state a small fee, it is plain and simple advertisement for a privately owned business.

Will the school district let every body else's buisness use it's resources for free advertisement?
Will the school district let private individuals post to the school districts web site?

Most likely not, unless they are Elk Konnected, LLC ---- don't you suppose?

Elk Konnected, LLC do you feel you have the right to walk all over the taxpayers?

Come on out and explain yourself to the citizens of Elk County?

Oh yea, what happened to the Biggest Loser Contest?
Did that fail, also?
Like the Baseball Tournamnet?

How about a little honesty, just a little?

Why is a privately owned business allowed to run their business out of the taxpayers school building?

Will other business, LLC's be allowed to operate out of the taxpayers school building?

What's the deal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk