Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: frawin on October 02, 2011, 11:38:03 AM
Wilma actually that is not true, the requirement is as follows: I don't agree with this as I have friends and schoolmates that served outside the window of requirement and they have been denied membership, if a war had broken out during there service time they would have been the first to go.
Also I know several WWII Veterans and Korean War Veterans in Howard.

Would you please be kind enough to take this to another or a new thread.

Thank you,

Ross

Ross

Excellent post Varmit.

Personaly, I want to know who is running Elk Konnected if our County Commissioners are going to continue to be cheerleaders for Elk Konnected at County Commissioners meeting or otherwise and continue to support them with taxpayers money to hand out lollipops for recognition, Sorta like advertisement for a private company an LLC don't you think ???

And I would like to know what Elk Konnected is all about, so I know who is running our County government and what their plains are, wouldn't you ???

And I don't want to read any more non-information in the newspaper or non-information in what I consider a fake Community Conversation ???

Quote from: Ross on October 01, 2011, 08:11:24 PM
Copied directly from, Http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/elkco.htm mInus the back ground and picture.

My questions are in Blue.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ELK COUNTY

You are talking about the county I live in, vote in and pay taxes in, the same county my County Commissioner that is shown at the bottom of this page lives in ???

You are referring to Elk County, Kansas just so there is no confusion, am I right ???

And you are referring to the County Commissioners who's duty is to represent the taxpaying citizens of Elk County, right ???

And you our County Commissioner don't see no conflict of interest in representing us the taxpaying citizens and representing Elk Konnected and representing Public Squares Communities who happens to be your employer, is that what you want us to believe ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Copied directly from, Http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/elkco.htm mInus the back ground and picture.

My questions are in Blue.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
ELK COUNTY

You are talking about the county I live in, vote in and pay taxes in, the same county my County Commissioner that is shown at the bottom of this page lives in ???

You are referring to Elk County, Kansas just so there is no confusion, am I right ???

And you are referring to the County Commissioners who's duty is to represent the taxpaying citizens of Elk County, right ???

And you our County Commissioner don't see no conflict of interest in representing us the taxpaying citizens and representing Elk Konnected and representing Public Squares Communities who happens to be your employer, is that what you want us to believe ???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELK KONNECTED VISION 2018

Strong families    Do you accomplish this  by coming between mom and dad at so called County Conversations by saying you can not sit in the same circle of chairs to discuss anything Elk Konnected ???

Nothing nor anyone comes between me and my wife, especially some privately owned company claiming to represent me to my County Commissioners, I sure hope you find that understandable?

I just don't see where your actions are conducive to strong families, would you please explain this for me?

Solid education What does that mean, does it mean we don't have good schools now ?

Superior Lifestyle

Huh ???

Please explain for this redneck, farm boy, hick ???

Is it that you don't like our lifestyle ???

"Stay with us as we grow!"  

You are asking Elk County Citizens aren't you ???

What do you plan to grow into???

Goals:

Please explain each of the listed goals, so I may understand exactly what you are talking about ???

Youth Development

Establish a coordinated youth development program in the Elk Konnected community 

Please what are you going to coordinate ???

What are you going to develop in our youth ???
Are you going to get the approval of parents about this development ???

Will you please explain in plain English how this development might work beyond what is already available ???

Physical Image

Create a coordinated, six-community appreciation day to clean up our physical image

Don't you mean just mimic what the individual communities already do for themselves ???

Community Wellness

Didn't your Wellness Center fail and shut down ???

We already have medical clinics where people go for wellness don't we ???

Or were you just referring to a workout center with exercise machines ???

Create the infrastructure for a community wellness and enrichment network

What does that mean before and after your Wellness Center failed ???

What type of infrastructure, how would it work ???

Community Standards

Each town has it's own ordinances, so please explain what you are talking about ???

Are you suggesting that each town lacks the ability to take care of their own community ???

Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community

What exactly is the Elk Konnected community ???

Does it have any boundaries, city limits, county lines ???

What enforcement authority does Elk Konnected have out side of it being a private business ???

I can understand a private company having enforcement authority over it's own property maintenance standards, please explain if you are talking beyond that ???

Communication

Develop a community-wide clearinghouse for publicizing activities and events to patrons

I believe we have that right here with the Elk County Forum and you tried that with the County Taxpayers Emergency  Notification and Call System without proper authorization and angered a lot of people, so is there something else you are talking about ???

What patrons ???  Who are your patrons ???

For information contact:  Liz Hendricks, County Commissioner, 620/330-2428
Richard Fish, Howard State Bank, 620/374-2127

Does any of that make any sense to anyone ???
Would anyone try to help me understand what they are saying ???

Ross

So nobody else can make sense of it either, I guess ???

What is Elk Konnected, LLC a private business doing to improve Elk County's economic situation or to make Elk County a better place to live?????

Just what can they do in this World Wide Economic Crises?????

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?  
In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

Patriot

Quote from: Howard Chamber of Commerce on October 03, 2011, 09:16:45 AM
To the editor:
The Elk Konnected Youth Development Action Team, with help from Jennifer Brummell, sponsored the the arm-power-generated whirligig ride, which proved to be a huge hit with the kids....

Sincerely,
Board of directors
Howard Chamber of Commerce

Not to detract from all the fun the kids may have had, but....

Sponsored?  How about thanks to the county government who actually paid for this Elk Konnected promotion out of county funds as well as the taxpayers who paid for Brummell's time and mileage to support this self-serving Elk Konnected promotion.

Where the hell does Elk Konnected stop and county government begin?  While Commissioner Hendricks may not see the line between private business/personal interest and government, real Americans should.  The voters and taxpayers of this county don't exist to provide op-ed pieces for Elk Konnected!

If you haven't read Warph's thread about the subtle insurgence of the Communist party's efforts in America, perhaps you should...

The Commies are Coming... The Commies are Coming... Hell, They're Already Here!
« on: Today at 02:56:39 am »
http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,12661.0.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Wow! We really are paying for advertisement with tax dollars for a privatelly owned company an LLC aren't we ????
Wake up County Commissioners !!!!

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on October 03, 2011, 04:46:02 PM
Wow! We really are paying for advertisement with tax dollars for a privatelly owned company an LLC aren't we ????
Wake up County Commissioners !!!!

It seems so.  I understand that Elk Konnected held itself out as having provided the mechanical bull for Octoberfest in Grenola this past weekend as well by having signage to that effect.  Facts are that Mr KR Liebau provided some personal monies to add to the funds provided from the county coffers and to offset some of Burmmell's taxpayer reimbursed mileage for her participation in the event.  Right direction, Mr. Commissioner. Thanks.

Stay connected, citizens.  You're paying for part of the show the show Elk Konnected is putting on.  There IS a line between government and private enterprise, or there used to be.  Who decided that Elk Konnected is the county's official provider of festival entertainment.... on the county's dime?

Ross

Are County Commissioners Meeting for making donations to private companies as well?

Or was that a tax deductable donation to ECCEF that would be redirected to Elk Konnected ?????

Sure, it's a nice gesture on Mr. Liebaus' part but, I thought County Commissioners meetings were for Elk County business?

Just where do you draw the line betwween Elk Konnected, LLC's (a private company) and Elk County Government business?

Can any private business request and recieve taxpayers dollars to rent a machine and advertise with their name one it?

Fer instance if the Curley "Q" in Moline were still open in Moline could it get money from the County Government and rent a Whirley Gig and set it up at Crazy Days and advertise with their name on it?????

I just don't understand how all this works, do you ?????

Patriot

The Elk County Economic Development Director was seen putting up fliers for the upcoming Elk Konnected Kommunity Konversation in the Howard area today. 

Were these advertisements of a private company's meeting printed on courthouse equipment by county employees government time as previous EK advertising has been?  Was Ms Brummell being paid by taxpayers for her 'flier distribution' time?  Will the taxpayers be reimbursing her for any mileage involved? 

What the heck, it's only money.  YOUR money.

By the way, when was the last time fresh rock made it to your road?  How about a nice roadside mowing in your area?  A bit of weed control?  No?  Well, money's tight, you know.

Stay connected, citizens.

Ross

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

" There are always individuals or very, very small groups of individuals who try to distort facts by subjectively using them out of context, or in the case of imperical data, changing parameters of a statistical analysis so the numbers will fit a predetermined outcome with no names to support the data.

When these individuals try to hide behind a cloak of anonymity, then others must ask why ? "

Have we become an Infantile Society, eager only to be coddled, burped and entertained, with noise masquerading as music, and nicks and bruises as deep cuts and real wounds and lollipops as good deeds and to believe everything someone says to us ??

Patriot

If you owned a company, were hosting a fair sized indoor meeting to promote your products or services and wanted security for the event.... wouldn't you expect to hire a private security firm?  Or would you expect the taxpayers to front the cost by using on duty law enforcement officers?

I know in Wichita and elsewhere, businesses regularly use off duty law enforcement officers for their security needs, but the taxpayers aren't on the hook for the costs.  The businesses pay the costs out of their own pockets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk