Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Ross... folks keep clamoring for 'facts'.  Well, there are a bunch of em.  Don't choke on them.  Try to make some sense of them.

I'm particularly taken by the aggressive appetite that EK has for 'OPM'...other peoples money.  Given articles about EK 'wine tastings' and dinners to raise money that elude to 'hundreds' of dollars raised, it seems the bulk of their funds come from grant handouts and taxpayer funds.  I think it's evident they aren't making their money the old fashioned way (conventional fundraising or simply earning it).

The question (or at least one question) is:  What measurable outcomes have there been for Elk County citizens?  Are we better off than we were in 2007?  Just askin.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Patriot on September 03, 2011, 09:10:10 AM
Ross... folks keep clamoring for 'facts'.  Well, there are a bunch of em.  Don't choke on them.  Try to make some sense of them.

I'm particularly taken by the aggressive appetite that EK has for 'OPM'...other peoples money.  Given articles about EK 'wine tastings' and dinners to raise money that elude to 'hundreds' of dollars raised, it seems the bulk of their funds come from grant handouts and taxpayer funds.  I think it's evident they aren't making their money the old fashioned way (conventional fundraising or simply earning it).

The question (or at least one question) is:  What measurable outcomes have there been for Elk County citizens?  Are we better off than we were in 2007?  Just askin.

That sure is a bunch of facts err dollars and yet nothing, nada in developement. Lollipops for the kiddies with county money but nothing substantial. Nothing lasting even.

None of it a makes a bit of sense to me.

Elk Konnected got a ton of money in the form of a grant to open that Howard Elk Konnected, LLC Wellness center and could not even run that business, it's closed August 31, 2011.

Perhaps some of the other readers can help me understand? Or perhaps Elk Konnected might respond with some answers, how about it Elk Konnected?

I saw a poster in Howard in the new restraunt for the Severy Labor Day celebration and I believe it said sponsored by Elk Konnected. Yet, I didn't read it in the newspaper, did I miss reading that Elk Konnected is involved? Or are they taking a low profile? I mean I have read almost weekly something in the paper about Elk Konnected and now nothing.

kshillbillys

They sent a flyer home with my 4th grader the other day that says: Giant Water Slide Monday, September 5th after the parade and Free Movie Friday, September 2nd at dark....sponsored by Elk Konnected. But you are right, Ross, because I never saw anything in the paper about it either...--Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

redcliffsw

Better off?  Can't see any improvement. 

And there will be no improvement as long as the county continues to fund and partner with the EK organziation.

Ross

Quote from: kshillbillys on September 03, 2011, 04:19:52 PM
They sent a flyer home with my 4th grader the other day that says: Giant Water Slide Monday, September 5th after the parade and Free Movie Friday, September 2nd at dark....sponsored by Elk Konnected. But you are right, Ross, because I never saw anything in the paper about it either...--Jennifer
They must have a different newspaper for Severy???
Is Elk Konnected only connecting with part of the Elk Konnected Kommunity at a time???

What's going on???

Makes me wonder what about you???

Ross

Ross... folks keep clamoring for 'facts'.  Well, there are a bunch of em.  Don't choke on them.  Try to make some sense of them.

I'm particularly taken by the aggressive appetite that EK has for 'OPM'...other peoples money.  Given articles about EK 'wine tastings' and dinners to raise money that elude to 'hundreds' of dollars raised, it seems the bulk of their funds come from grant handouts and taxpayer funds.  I think it's evident they aren't making their money the old fashioned way (conventional fundraising or simply earning it).

The question (or at least one question) is:  What measurable outcomes have there been for Elk County citizens?  Are we better off than we were in 2007?  Just askin.

They started the Elk Konnected Wellness Center. Oh, wait a minute that closed down August 31, 2011 didn't it???
I love this testimonial, I can call it that right?
Quote from: Hefe de vaca on July 02, 2011, 08:54:03 PM
     NEWS FLASH  , Elk Konnected was started by Richard Fish, a well respected citizen who sought to bring all of Elk County together and quit quibbling over small things and work together as county. The original idea went through the Chamber of Commerce, DONATIONS were given by many people who want to see the county grow. TIME was , and is, VOLUNTEERED by many people , YOUR If you would ever give up your time to help "people wanting to start a business" ( some people don't know about the assistance the government has..... stupid people who don't know what they're talking about ) , but wait, then you wouldn't have time to come up with your BS here.

You will not likely see me waste another keystroke on you. You are a  person who has one agenda, you're own.Go out and get a real job.
I guess Elk Konnected didn't know about the assistance the government gives either???
Yes it is taken out of context, so what???
What have they done right???
What have they accomplished besides a few lollipops?

Have we become the Infantile Society, eager only to be coddled, burped and entertained, with noise masquerading as music, and nicks and bruises as deep cuts and real wounds and lollipops as good deeds.

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?  
They even closed down their only business after less than two years of operation, didn't they???

In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Ross

Business Information   Date: 09/05/2011
Current Entity Name Business Entity ID Number
ELK KONNECTED LLC
Business Entity Type: KANSAS LTD LIABILITY COMPANY
Date of Formation in Kansas: 09/30/2009

https://www.accesskansas.org/bess/flow/main?execution=e1s5

Elk Konnected since you tell us you have no owners or members or leaders, I really don't expect any answers, but may I ask you a few questions?
Elk Konnected weren't you started as a non-profit in 2007????
Elk Konnected did you switch from being a non-profit to an LLC so Elk County citizens could not question what you do???
Elk Konnected do you still want to communicate with all the citizens of Elk County???
Elk Konnected didn't you get a rather large grant as a non-profit to start your Wellness Center in the City of Howard???
Elk Konnected would you still have qualified for that grant as a private company/LLC???

Since there is no person that takes credit or responsibility for Elk Konnected, LLC. I assume these questions are posed to nobody and will therefore go unanswered. Just my personal opinion. The fantasy continues I suppose.

Ross

Patriot,

Or anyone else that might have some answers.

I was just visiting with a friend of mine about Elk Konnected, now he doesn't know anythig about Elk Konnected so I tried to explain what little I know about Elk Konnected.

I told him they claim to be a loosely organized organization and I explained that I don't understand that at all. He asked what that might mean. So I told him they don't have a president or chairman, they don't have a secretary, they don't have a treasurer, they don't have any membership. He then asked who takes care of their finances? I said, I had no idea. He asked how can they be an organization. I said, I don't know. I said, I always thought oranizations were organized and documented everything.

He then suggested it sounds like a shadow organization for something else. Now, I had to think about that for a few minutes.

Do you suppose there could be something to that?

Since Elk Konnected spoke of the old guard when Elk Konnected first got started, and by the way I still don't understand or know who the old guard is/or was. Do you suppose that it could be this old guard that Elk Konnected referenced that might be running as the shadow organization? Wouldn't that make sense hide in plain sight???

Since, I can't get any answers from Elk Konnected perhaps someone else out there has some answers. Like who manages all that money passing through Elk Konnected. Especially the money from the Elk County taxpayers via the Elk County Commissioners Meetinngs or any state funds they may recieve?

It's like the list on page one of this thread! Very obscure! No names on any of the suggestions, we are told the citizens made these suggestions yet no one gets any recognition. There is no documentation or proof that anyone even made even one of those suggestions. The claim of all the donors of $50 each, again no documentation, no proof, no names which makes ask why?

Why all the secrecy? All that makes me think that perhaps it really is a shadow organization for something else, call me crazy, okay? Paranoid no ---- just want some understanding about the organization that is suppose to be the savior of Elk County.
Let's get connected Elk Konnected, right here. How about it? How about some real answers?

And really Elk Konnected how about some answers to some really cool questions?

Who steers the steering committee?

Who are the admitted members who own, and run,
Elk Konnected?

Who is their Leader?

How can seven people in an organization with no leader and no registered membership speak for the entire population of Elk County?  How can they qualify as an organization?
In my opinion the lack of definitive answers regarding Elk Konnected, LLC reflects the reality that nobody knows anything about who owns them or who the admitted members are or the admitted members are ashamed of being admitted members? It would be nice to have some clarification.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on September 05, 2011, 11:36:21 AM
He then suggested it sounds like a shadow organization for something else. Now, I had to think about that for a few minutes.

Do you suppose there could be something to that?

Since Elk Konnected spoke of the old guard when Elk Konnected first got started, and by the way I still don't understand or know who the old guard is/or was. Do you suppose that it could be this old guard that Elk Konnected referenced that might be running as the shadow organization? Wouldn't that make sense hide in plain sight???

If a county employee were instructed, in writing, by a government supervisor to do recurring marketing & advertising work for a privately owned company, would that be acceptable?   Not to coordinate with or offer suggestions to the company's representatives, but to do the work personally on government time using government resources?  

What if that supervisor were an elected official who was required by law to seek a majority vote of other elected officials before implementing any binding policies, decisions and instructions?  What if that single elected official had not done so?  What if both the elected official and the employee had clearly identifiable personal relationships with the private company?

Would you approve?  Would other businesses approve?  Would the taxpayers approve?  Would that be a corruption of government integrity?  Would that constitute an arrogant abuse of power?  What say you, reader?

Just asking.

Patriot

Quote from: Patriot on September 06, 2011, 09:31:12 AM
Would you approve?...    What say you, reader?

Chirp, chirp, chirp.  Makes one wonder, "What lurks in the minds of men?".   Perhaps the Shadow knows.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk