Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Patriot, your post about the Longton City Council is just another example of government people giving away government money.

And it was with a 4 to 0 vote by their council members to hand over the city money to Elk Konnected.

It's that kind of anti-American attitude that's spread across the USA. 

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, whether you feel it is neccessary or not, it has taught my children alot of things. I have 2 that are in 4-H and they exhibit in the 4-H part and the open class. I have taught them to sew and cook, and the one is in her second year in quilting. Plus they have both taken beef projects this year. One had a heifer and other a bucket calf. It has taught them that they have responsibilties to feed and water their animals, plus they learn the different things to feed them and the different types of beef and parts of the beef. They have chickens, too, but we kept them at home this year cause of the heat. We didn't want to lose them. The fair also gives them a fun way to see their friends and meet new ones. Yes, you could say all kinds of things like can't you teach them without the fair. Yes, I can and do, it also teaches them that they can't always win and good sportsmanship. There are so much that 4-H has taught my girls and me (in the past was a 11 year member of Lucky 13 4-H club from Severy). My girls are learning parlimentary procedure, leadership, volunteering, public speaking, and so much more!! With out the fair their would be no way for them to show off their skills and find out how they are doing!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Ross

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the White House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement: "This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."... a paraphrase of the last sentence of the Eulogy delivered by Governor Morris (of New York ) at Jefferson's Funeral: "The greatest collection of Logical Minds in the history of the World was when Jefferson lay dying alone in his Room."

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe .

Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes, a principle which if acted on, would save one-half the wars of the world.

Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be deprived the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

John F. Kennedy held a dinner in the White House for a group of the brightest minds in the nation at that time. He made this statement: "This is perhaps the assembly of the most intelligence ever to gather at one time in the White House with the exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."... a paraphrase of the last sentence of the Eulogy delivered by Governor Morris (of New York ) at Jefferson's Funeral: "The greatest collection of Logical Minds in the history of the World was when Jefferson lay dying alone in his Room."

When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe .

Thomas Jefferson

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes, a principle which if acted on, would save one-half the wars of the world.

Thomas Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.

Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson

No free man shall ever be deprived the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.

thatsMRSc2u

I'm with you Angie. I loved my years in 4-H....it's a good thing for kids .....and even when I wasnt in 4-H we went to the county fair every year and lot of times had entries in the open classes. I STILL go to the different county fairs down here.
  May not be an agricultural society anymore Steve but we sure as hell OUGHT to be.

The Fair Association always put on the fair......not the government.

Ross, Thomas Jefferson was intelligent enough that he knew even as he was helping to create it that ANY government is given to corruption and would never remain true to the ideals behind it.

Thats why I laugh everytime I hear people talking about "Oh we have to change who we vote for and get the government back in the right hands". There ARE no "RIGHT" hands. The politicians we have to choose from in this time are all career politicians...they arent in it to make the country a better place for ANYbody....it is the way they MAKE THEIR MONEY....WE pay them to screw shit up.

The only thing on earth I agree with Red about is the fact that POLITICS was never supposed to be a career...it was supposed to be a calling and something they did IN ADDITION to their day job. You can NOT have honesty in government when MONEY POWER and PRESTIGE is what drives the machine.

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on July 19, 2011, 10:57:20 AM
Patriot, your post about the Longton City Council is just another example of government people giving away government money.

And it was with a 4 to 0 vote by their council members to hand over the city money to Elk Konnected.

It's that kind of anti-American attitude that's spread across the USA. 

Well folks, I'm all for kids and baseball and my kid plays for the Longton Baseball Association and I give credit to his coach for all his hard work. He's even done a great job with teaching good sportmanship. Kudos to him.

However?????

Remember at an Elk County Commissioners meeting there was a request by the Longton Baseball Association for $500 which happens every year I am told by all the teams.  Well, County Commissioner Hendricks said let's give them $1000, and it was approved. Just something to think about. I don't know if it means anything or not.

Patriot

Quote from: Ross on July 19, 2011, 11:38:53 AM
However?????

Remember at an Elk County Commissioners meeting there was a request by the Longton Baseball Association for $500 which happens every year I am told by all the teams.  Well, County Commissioner Hendricks said let's give them $1000, and it was approved. Just something to think about. I don't know if it means anything or not.

Neither does the fact the president of the LBA is on the EK steering committee.  One hand washing the other?  Surely not in Elk County!  I was given to understand that the LBA overspent on their renovation project which is why they wanted the money.  Maybe the taxpayers will soon begin subsidizing other groups of citizens when they overspend on their pet projects. 

From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs.
          Karl Marx, 1875 Critique of the Gotha Program.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

So go join in.You might have some good ideas to share.Try being the warm sun instead of the cold wind. Surely you are not just a chronic complainer. I don't see how a person on the ball committee and EK would be a conflict. The commissioners voted on the money.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 12:47:56 PM
So go join in.You might have some good ideas to share.Try being the warm sun instead of the cold wind. Surely you are not just a chronic complainer.

Yep.  Here's an idea... with the rising cost of consumer goods, the government could have purchased considerable stockpiles of toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels, vacuum bags/floor wax, window caulk, weather stripping, mower blades, teabags, coffee & coffee filters for county facilities.  Thereby avoiding smaller purchases at increased future costs.  We used to call that prudent planning & responsibly keeping the public trust. 

I realize such action might have required a budget override motion of some form & a vote.  The problem would be?  But if there aren't already people bright enough in county government to figure all that out, then maybe the first purchase should be a government overhaul.  If additional savings could be realized by such a decision, I would volunteer to make the haul from Sam's (or a supply wholesaler) in Wichita or Bartlesville at my expense (and even bring back their receipt).  Now, what are you going to contribute?  I got it... framing nails... as many as you can get in a USPS One Price box & you pay the postage.

And, though you may not realize it yet, I am being warm sun.... I'm warming up significant numbers of taxpayers & voters to  things about which they've been largely left out in the dark & cold.  Since meeting agendas aren't published in advance in the paper, most folks can't attend a Monday mid-day meeting, and the minutes are usually a weak representation of meeting details, folks should hear the rest of the story somewhere.  No?  :D

Thomas Jefferson

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 19, 2011, 12:47:56 PM
I don't see how a person on the ball committee and EK would be a conflict. The commissioners voted on the money.

Conflict between those two positions, no.  County commissioner (reported EK founder) pushing tax money to & at at behest of a group presided over by an EK steering person?  Appearance of impropriety?  I'm thinking so.  Got Principles? 

But Diane, we do agree on one thing.... you don't see.

Wilma

In a county as small as this one, a lot of positions have to overlap.  Not because there are not enough people to do the jobs, but because there are not enough people willing to do the jobs for no pay.  Not enough people that have the time to do the jobs and not enough people that just simply have the abilities that are needed to the jobs.  I am thankful for the ones that do even though it means that sometimes they have to take on more than their share.

You keep talking about these "private businesses".  Just how much profit have these "private businesses" shown since their inception?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 19, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
In a county as small as this one, a lot of positions have to overlap.  Not because there are not enough people to do the jobs, but because there are not enough people willing to do the jobs for no pay.  Not enough people that have the time to do the jobs and not enough people that just simply have the abilities that are needed to the jobs.  I am thankful for the ones that do even though it means that sometimes they have to take on more than their share.

What the heck does that have to do with he price of tacos in California?

Quote from: Wilma on July 19, 2011, 02:42:59 PM
You keep talking about these "private businesses".  Just how much profit have these "private businesses" shown since their inception?

Apparently not enough to keep them from munching down at the public trough.  Maybe they should shut down or reorganize under bankruptcy law if they can't make it on their own merit instead of taxpayer handouts.  Oh sorry, I forgot your new Amerikan Order......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk