Elk Konnected Hand out at County Commissioners meeting on 4/25

Started by Ross, April 26, 2011, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

I didn't actually mean that I was stupid or that my job was stupid. I minored in Sarcasm and am very fluent in it!  But you did describe me to a T---responsible, honorable, trustworthy and aware. That's me! That's why I fight for the things I fight and do the things I do because I'm a responsible parent, aware that this world is a big ole pain in the ass and I never back down when I believe in something strongly.
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

kshillbillys

Now, I will turn it back to the subject at hand because I'm taking my mother to the American Cancer Society's Survivor Dinner tonight...So, Ross and Patriot, ya'll just keep trying to get answers while I'm gone this evening and I'll catch up when I get home!!--Jen
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: kshillbillys on June 18, 2011, 03:42:38 PM
So, Ross and Patriot, ya'll just keep trying to get answers while I'm gone this evening and I'll catch up when I get home!!--Jen

But, but, but.... they told us we had our answers.  Of course I'm still looking for the answer to a couple... er, a few... well, actually all of them.... including:

Why does EK, LLC need the county to apply for and receive Kansas Health Foundation grant money, only to have that money passed through to an EK 'sponsored' day camp for which public mention of the government contributions of time and effort (via taxpayers funding of county wages) had to be extracted at the last minute? 

Can't they get their own grants? 

If not,why not?

And has Ms. Brummel participated at the day camp during normal county business hours? 

And if she was, who was paying her for that? 

Was it paid through the grant funds received, or was the time paid by her regular government salary? 

If it was the government salary, is EK going to reimburse the taxpayers from the $13,822 in grant monies that were at their disposal?

How much would that time be worth (including the employer share of payroll taxes and unemployment insurance)?

And how many hours of road grading would that buy? 

Do day camp supervisors make as much as Economic Development Directors?

See, just as with government and private, this is why sole proprietorships are told to make clear distinctions between personal and business work and monies.  Avoids a lot of questions... and we know how some people detest questions.

Keep reading, concerned citizens.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sixdogsmom

Good questions Patriot, and BTW, why are some of the kids sporting t-shirts with Elk Konnected Camp on them? Couldn't those funds have been put to better use in these difficult economic times?
Edie

Patriot

Quote from: sixdogsmom on June 18, 2011, 04:37:22 PM
Good questions Patriot, and BTW, why are some of the kids sporting t-shirts with Elk Konnected Camp on them? Couldn't those funds have been put to better use in these difficult economic times?

Thank you, six.  I've been told a local business has new silk screen equipment for making such things.  Maybe they donated those to the kids.  Surely they wouldn't expect payment out of grant monies for such things.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sixdogsmom

My mama always told me that there was no such thing as 'free'. Somebody pays for it somewhere and usually expect remuneration  in some way.
Edie

Warph

Ross.... I have an idea for you.  If you could put forth the effort and keep expressing your opinions in a pompous or dogmatic way (as you are doing with this thread), toward the problems we are having with the destruction and decay of America, you would probably have everyone on your side and doing this forum a great favor.  You say you are retired, which gives you time to think, comment and try to solve the problems about:

-Overpopulation - too many people; no food, water, housing, etc.

-Pollution - environmental damages

-Global Warming - chlorofluorocarbons, etc.

-War - people killing each other for bad reasons

-Stupidity - general population becoming less concerned with education

-Obesity/Disease - people dying from poor decisions or bad luck

-Habitat Destruction - people destroy nature to make room for more people

-Species Extinction - above practices causing diversity of life to diminish

-Religion - People believe many conflicting ideas

-Poverty - People becoming poor through bad education, bad decisions, or bad luck

-Crime - Includes terrorism and white-collar crime

-Fossil Fuels - Wars are fought over politics, religion, and resources, and the current fought-over resource is oil.

-The Citizenry's Lack of Life Skills - I'm referring to critical thinking, financial planning, and general research

-Toleration of Inefficient and Inelegant Products - We need to raise awareness of unmodifiable products and encourage entrepreneurs (remember financial planning?) to create and market configurable and upgradable consumer goods.

-The Top Challenges Facing American Companies Today -  
Hint:

These are about 3% of the problems facing us today.  Why don't you... uh... give it a shot, Ross.  Spend more time on seeing what you can do to solve these problems.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

The impact in this country ought to begin at the local level.  That's where Ross is needed so stay right in there, Ross.

Wilma

Jennifer, I am surprised that you, a federal employee, are participating in this thread.  When I was a federal employee, we were given a book, "Code of Conduct" and one thing that was pointed out to us at the time was that we were not to participate in any political activities.  We were not being told what we could do or not do.  The reason for this was the possibility of revenge on the employee's workplace or fellow employees if someone became irate because of something the employee had said or done.

Warph

Quote from: redcliffsw on June 18, 2011, 05:09:43 PM
The impact in this country ought to begin at the local level.  That's where Ross is needed so stay right in there, Ross.

Yeah.... and while he's doing such a great job in finding out who Elk Konn is, maybe ... just maybe... he could work on solving these other problems while he's ... uh... waiting.  I mean, in the time it is taking him to find out who the Puppet Master is, we could be a third world country by the end of the week.... bread $10 a loaf, milk $15 a gal., Gas $19 bucks a gal.  Come on, we need help here and he has the time to do it.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk