Ross's Elk County Connected thread

Started by debid, February 16, 2013, 03:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

You can handle being nice, I just know you can!
Bonnie

srkruzich

whew, i missed all the fun!  well at least i didn't get whapped by the school marm......>:)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

srkruzich where ya been hiding all this time.
I have missed ya.

jarhead

Miss Bonnie Bell,
I'm trying to be nice-I really am---but kinda hard to do when the first thing I saw this morning ,when I stumbled into the coffee shop, was Farmer Joe sitting there and him ripping into me about sleeping in--then he follows me out to the Smoke Shack and gripes about second hand smoke killing him. If I didn't think the world of that ol fart I would of kicked him out---oh and the fact that he gets some of that fine Tenn. " shine" he shares with me makes me bite my tongue. :D

jacksonpollochjr

Quote from: ROSS on March 21, 2013, 09:51:00 AM
Thanks, jacksonpollochjr for the compliment it's much appreciated.

I've said I have no secrets. If you look i have a bunch of old, old family pictures up there as well.

I do believe we all have several persona's and it depends on situations what persona is used or seen.
No I'm not talking split personalities, LOL.
Politics sucks.
But when anyone want's my tax dollar, I have a right to question you as to who, what , where, when, why and how.

Yes jacksonpollochjr politics can be pretty nasty and I have tried very hard to be polite, there has been a time or two I lost it s little but heck I'm human. I don't ask anyone to believe anything I say, instead I ask that they think for themselves and discuss what is happening with family and friends and such.

I have only attempted to ask questions of what I see is a politically motivated NGO that appeared to claim to be the Elk County Savior.

they were rather rude to myself and others at one of their so called Community Conversations. I personally politely excused myself, when the man from Leoti called for the Sherriff (which I found severely rude). I understand others left very angry.

Me a City boy, if you call Independence, Kansas city.
Yeah I lived in different cities over the last forty years of so, only to make a decent living. And I didn't move back to Independence or Montgomery County because in my opinion they are to citified.

I chose Elk County for the simple life and the openness and the the beauty of the country side and because most of the people in Elk County are down home type folks of yesteryear.

A farmer, I am not, but I am having a great time pretending and learning. If I never had to drive off my property I probably wouldn't. But I do enjoy seeing the people of Elk County when I do leave my property to do some shopping in Howard and Moline. And the occasional stops at the Swinging Bridge Cafe and the Elk Falls Drive-in for a bite to eat. I sure miss Stubb at the cafe though.

i know a lot of people have had a good laugh a time or two driving by my place. Like when a straight line wind blew over my three sided horse shelter I built. Stubb told me so.  I know they laughed at my round bales last year. And I am quite happpy to provide a few laughs while I learn. If I learn. LOL

If you happen to be driving by stop in and say hi, I don't bite. Really we are friendly. If you can offer some advice to a retired old man raising a few cows and chickens and a couple of horses I'll definitely listen. If you just want to stop and pet my horses you are welcome to do that. But I can;t be responsible for you if you put your foot under their hoof or put your finger between their teeth.

I consider my horses very friendly and gentle. I purchased these beautiful critters from the Circle N in Elk Falls and I am proud of them.

Also and this is important, I won't tolerate any meanness to any animal.

Once again thanks for the compliment.

Ross, you really do have a nice farm. The website is a good story. It seems you have a good handle on the place, you don't need my help. My last calf was Terence and he tasted pretty good. I really enjoyed the B/W picture of you Boy Scouts with your "backpacks".

Ross

We have had a couple of cows called T-Bone and Ribs and Steak and they were all tasty.

The back packs were taught to us by our scout master. Using some old jeans was better than doing without.
As I said before on here we were dirt poor when I was growing up. No regrets though. We ate some of the best depression foods.
I wish I had my momma's recipes.  Ten kids, mom and dad and grandma all living in maybe an 800 sqft house, if that big.

Growing up that way teaches a lot of respect for a lot of things.

Over spending is not necessary to enjoy life is one of the many things I learned.

Staying out of debt is another.

Life has  been grand for me, no complaints, no regrets.

jacksonpollochjr

Quote from: ROSS on March 24, 2013, 07:18:53 PM
We have had a couple of cows called T-Bone and Ribs and Steak and they were all tasty.

The back packs were taught to us by our scout master. Using some old jeans was better than doing without.
As I said before on here we were dirt poor when I was growing up. No regrets though. We ate some of the best depression foods.
I wish I had my momma's recipes.  Ten kids, mom and dad and grandma all living in maybe an 800 sqft house, if that big.

Growing up that way teaches a lot of respect for a lot of things.

Over spending is not necessary to enjoy life is one of the many things I learned.

Staying out of debt is another.

Life has  been grand for me, no complaints, no regrets.

Funny thing about "depression food" now it is so popular it is expensive. I love chicken wings, but won't pay 1.99 lb. for them. Still buy whole chicken and cut and package them. I will give you all the chicken breasts for an equal weight of wings. Used to get femur bones for free and roast them for the dog. Have you seen what they charge for Red Beans and Rice? Oxtail now are $4.99 per pound. That makes for a very expensive homemade beef stock. Just had to add to your comment on depression foods. I think most of us on the forum have been in that place.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk