Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1824658 times)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4800 on: November 25, 2005, 04:46:41 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother gawks as Sod Buster rattles off a litany of recipes. The expression on her face clearly state "Oh, lands, not another one!" But when he is finished, she gives a small smile and says: "That's nice. Let's eat!" Then she glides to the bathroom to wash up for dinner.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4801 on: November 25, 2005, 06:43:18 PM »
litl' rooster comes in after taking his muddy boots off. Seeing Sod Buster cleaned and dressed up almost didn't recognize him....Then helps his self to a plate of fixin's, Ummmm Dried apricot cobbler and Pecan pie. Has Slim returned yet I inquire? Was looking forward to some of that cheese with holes in it, it goes best on Turkey sandwiches. Proceeding to the table, I inform the others I have harvested 2 more turkeys that are now hangin in the smoke house, for the up coming Holidays, I also shot some of them chinees chickens the  State has turned loose, they are in the smoker also. Next week I will be butchering a fat...Delmonico will it be cool enough in the Ice house to hang there then? I think I'll go gather the milch from Slim's cow for the cream for our deserts, be back soon. Heading to the barn I see the puppies With No Names and some kittens following, what in pretell do they want.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4802 on: November 25, 2005, 07:43:36 PM »
Should be cool enough, I got's a XXX beef cut up and brinin'.  I hope Slim brings enough cheese, I got a new samwhich to invent and I need that cheese and that brined beef I put the spices with. ;D ::)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #4803 on: Today at 10:00:19 PM »

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4803 on: November 25, 2005, 07:45:48 PM »
<Authors Note: Don't talk about Sod Buster bein' cleaned and dressed as in the same thread as huntin' turkeys and butcherin' beef.  Someone might think we's cannibals.  Maybe later if the snow gets deep and we run out of supplies. :o>
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4804 on: November 26, 2005, 12:59:27 PM »
 ;D this is Newbrassky right?   Good thing, thought we relocated to Donner's pass
Mathew 5.9

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4805 on: November 26, 2005, 02:03:09 PM »
Give a whole new meaning to havin someone fer dinner! ;D
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4806 on: November 26, 2005, 02:55:24 PM »
The puppies with no names and the kittens from nowhere tousle with each other for sprays from Bessie. Litl' Rooster's chuckles can be heard inside the house, where the Frumpy Fairy Godmother is busy washing dishes. The sound makes her smile.

A little while later, the puppies are scattered across the porch, in varied sprawls of sleep. Random kittens play with the Frumpy Fairy Godmother's balls of yarn as she attempts to crochet slippers for Slim's chicks. The Cat surveys the goings on with a smug smile and the Frumpy Fairy Godmother catches him.

"Did you sire these babies?"

The Cat doesn't answer, but his smile broadens.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #4807 on: November 28, 2005, 11:02:10 AM »
Slim rides into the dooryard. He puts his horse in the barn and takes the "Mighty Ten" and his saddlebags to the porch. "Howdy ma'am. Y'all had a good Thanksgivin'?"
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4808 on: November 28, 2005, 11:05:13 AM »
Delmonico comes out of the kitchen with his favorite purple flowered apron covered with flour.  We gots turkey, I got us a Smithfield ham with the supplies also.  We got's pull apart bread like my Grandma used to make (to be in the next Shootist and Cosies Corner.)  We have Sweet taters (don't call them yams :P), we got mashed taters made with the ricer and turkey innards gravy.   ;D

I made dried apricot cobbler, and a sourdough chock-o-lite orange cake.  And there are many kinds of pickles, dill, sweet, bread and butter, beets and cally-flower.
Does everyone like pickles, I hope, cause thats bout the only thing you can do with a cucumber. ::)

<Authors note: If you get that one litl rooster there's no hope for you. ;D>

<Arthur's note: "A 1926 Statute of Virginia (passed by the Virginia General Assembly) states,

'Genuine Smithfield hams [are those] cut from the carcasses of peanut-fed hogs, raised in the peanut-belt of the State of Virginia or the State of North Carolina, and which are cured, treated, smoked, and processed in the town of Smithfield, in the State of Virginia.'

In 1966 the peanut feed stipulation was removed.">

<Arthur's note 2: "turkey innards gravy" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!> :o :o :o :o
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4809 on: November 28, 2005, 10:16:48 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother leaps out of her rocker, scattering balls of yarn, kittens and puppies in her wake as she joyously hugs Slim.

"It was wonderful. Sod Buster, our neighbor, came in for dinner. We ate way too much. How was yours? How's the wife and twenty-five children? Did you bring some cheese with holes in it? Delmonico wants some, and oh, I should stop asking questions and just hug you some more!"

And that she does.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4810 on: November 28, 2005, 10:50:37 AM »
"Yep, we had a good holiday. Wife and youngins are doing fine. Half of the saddle bags is filled with the holey cheese. The other side has American (Cheddar) and Colby."

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4811 on: November 28, 2005, 11:44:57 AM »
Hearin' that the cheese with holes in it is here, Delmonico goes to the kitchen and takes two egg yolks and mixex in 2 teaspoons of Coleman's dry mustard, 2 teaspoons of confectioer's sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a dash of caynee pepper.  With his hand cranked egg beater he beats it well and when it is well beatin' he adds 2 cups ofsweet oil (olive oil) a bit at a time till the mix is stiff.  A couple teaspoons of lemon juice is folded in at this time. ???

To this he adds a tablespoon of chili sauce, a 1/4 cup of diced green olives with the pimento's inside also chopped.  Also 3 teaspoons of finely chopped chives and 6 chopped hard boiled eggs and a teaspoon of paprika and a bit of salt and pepper. 

This is mixed well and put in the icebox. ;D

He then goes to the widow opens it and burns a cup of sugar in an iron skillet and sets it on the porch to quit smokin'. :o ::)  He then heads to the cellar. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4812 on: November 28, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »
Slim goes into the kitchen and puts the cheese in the icebox. He yells, "Del, yer holey cheese is in the icebox!" He puts the "Mighty Ten" and saddlebags in his room.

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4813 on: November 28, 2005, 12:27:53 PM »
Sod Buster figures he has stayed too long at the Ranch with No Name so he heads into the house to say "Thanks" for the meal and "Good-bye".  He gets intoduced to Slim and says "Howdy" to him too.  He then heads to the yard, hitches his wagon to his horse and heads back to the soddy.  As he heads down the driveway he wonders where that Trinity fella is.  ??? ???
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4814 on: November 28, 2005, 12:32:32 PM »
"Wait!! Wait!!" The Frumpy Fairy Godmother runs after Sod Buster. A knit scarf is dangling from her fingertips as she runs. When he pauses, she catches up, and bends, trying to catch her breath. Finally, still panting, she lifts the scarf to him. "For.... you. Please.... come... back... soon?" She stops trying to talk and just stands there, watching as he takes the scarf.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4815 on: November 28, 2005, 12:36:24 PM »
Delmonico puts a couple hunks of the brined beef in a pot and starts it simmerin'.  He thens adds 5 cups of warm water to the burnt sugar and puts it in a mixin' bowl.  To this he adds two cakes of yeast and a 1/4 cup of cocoa, caraway seed, a hunk of lard the size of a small egg, a bit of salt and stirs well.  He then adds 5 cups of rye flour and 5 cups of white flour and kneads it well.  He then covers it to raise. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4816 on: November 28, 2005, 12:36:35 PM »
Slim yells after Sod buster, "Good meetin' ya. I'm glad I didn't shoot ya."  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4817 on: November 28, 2005, 12:47:10 PM »
With the dough double in size, Delmonico tosses it on the counter that is well floured and kneads it well addin' a bit of flour now and then to make it less sticky. ::)  He then forms it into round loaves and puts it in his 15 inch skillet that has been greased and sprinkled with corn meal to prevent stickin'. 

He covers it to raise again. :P  The beef simmers. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4818 on: November 28, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »
When the bread is risen, Delmonico puts it in the oven to bake. ;D ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4819 on: November 28, 2005, 03:10:39 PM »
On her way back to the house, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother stops to dig up a crock of kraut. With a smile, she takes it into the kitchen and places it on one of the bare spots.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com