Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1826743 times)

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4820 on: November 28, 2005, 05:15:40 PM »
"Wait!! Wait!!" The Frumpy Fairy Godmother runs after Sod Buster. A knit scarf is dangling from her fingertips as she runs. When he pauses, she catches up, and bends, trying to catch her breath. Finally, still panting, she lifts the scarf to him. "For.... you. Please.... come... back... soon?" She stops trying to talk and just stands there, watching as he takes the scarf.

Sod Buster stops, takes the scarf and thanks the kind lady for her thoughtfulness.  Yes, of course he will come back....soon.
He then continues his journey home.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4821 on: November 28, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »
litl' rooster returns to the house and see's Slim has returned, and yells Howdy.....Goes to the Ice box, and removes one slice each of cheese with holes in it, and some colby, then  a nice slice of left over turkey. Placing these on a slice of sourdough....(because Del, hasn't invented a hoagie roll yet) on top of which he places a glob of cole slaw and a glob of Russian salad dressing and a wedge of kosher dill. Then returns to the porch to see if Trinty will return.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4822 on: November 28, 2005, 07:19:43 PM »
Very tired, Trinity rides up to the house and finds litl rooster waiting with a jug for him.  "Thankee, ol' buddy.  Mah last jug done run out on me three mile back!  Ah done thought Ah were gonna parch!"

While Trinity is drinking, litl rooster recounts each and every way that Sod Buster had to prepare cucumbers.  By the third item, Trinity was throwing up.  You see... cucumbers neither walk, crawl or slither.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Advertising

« Reply #4823 on: Today at 08:31:29 AM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4823 on: November 28, 2005, 07:27:17 PM »
When Trinity starts to upchuck, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother comes flying out of the house. She stands near him, flailing and flapping her skirts at the puppies and kittens who are doing their best to lap at his vomit.

"Dang it, Trinity, they're too little to get drunk!"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4824 on: November 28, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »
Trinity finally stops and looks up at the FFG sheepishly as a long string of vomit/mucous makes its way from his nose to the ground.

"Aw Heck, ain' nothin' in thar what's bad fer the littl'uns.  Why Ah were knee high ta that runt thar when Ah haid me mah first drank.  It's only Korn... Good fer ya!

"'Sides!  'Tain' mah fault.  litl rooster hadna done tawlked bout them nasty pucumber thangs!!!!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4825 on: November 28, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
Sod Buster arrives home and was sorry he missed Trinity.  Since they had such an in-depth conversation about cucumbers, Sod Buster wanted to tell Trinity about cucumber liquor.  Somewhere he read that home-made cucumber liquor is one of the popular liquors in Korea and is made by blending cucumber juice with alcohol.  Trinity would surrely like to try this out.

Sod Buster also notices that he is getting a bit low on beef and wonders if there are any "slow elk" around.  Perhaps tomorrow morning he will look for some.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4826 on: November 28, 2005, 09:53:26 PM »
<Authors Note: Thousand Island Dressing. :P

When the bread is done, Delmonico warms up the sauerkraut and slices some of the salted beef. (corned beef ;D)  He slices the very dark rye bread, puts one the holey cheese, the meat, the dressing and the kraut.  He then butters the tops of the bread and browns them till the cheese melts and serves them fer suppper.  "Since my ridin' mule was with me when I got the beef I'll name it fer him.  I proclaim this a Reuban Samwhich." ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::)

<Author's Note: Since there are many claims to the invewntion, I'll claim it also. :P :P>
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4827 on: November 29, 2005, 04:49:22 AM »
Irish tries Del's new sammich and finds that he likes it. "This would go good with a beer, Del!"
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4828 on: November 29, 2005, 09:14:42 AM »
After getting a good look at Trinity and the stuff coming out of his nose, it takes the Frumpy Fairy Godmother a while before she no longer has a green tinge to her face and can remove her hands from covering her mouth. It takes her even longer before she has enough of an appetite to try a Rueben.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #4829 on: November 29, 2005, 09:17:38 AM »
Slim comes into the kitchen fer a cup of coffee. He sees the sandwich Del prepared. "May I have a bit of yer sandwich, Del?" He pours himself a cup.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4830 on: November 29, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »
Not seeing any "slow elk" to kill or add to Litl Roosters herd  :(, Sod Buster finishes up the plowing and planting of the Winter Wheat while the ground is still soft and moist.  He fears he has already waited too long.  He  purchased some Turkey Red Wheat seeds from some Russian Mennonites a few weeks ago.  This wheat is planted in the fall and is hardy enough to grow in wintertime.  While mostly dormant during winter, in the spring the plants spring back into action, growing taller each day. By early summer, the wheat is ready to harvest.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4831 on: November 29, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »
With the "Reuban Samwhich a success and friends made with the local nester, Delmonico decides it's to quiet round the ranch and decides another adventure is needed. ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ;) 

Plus there is still the question of enough coal for winter. ::) ::) :o :o :o  The samwhich ain't gonna get no extra coal.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4832 on: November 29, 2005, 11:43:23 AM »
<Arthur's note: Cosie on the loose. We'z in trouble now.>  ;D
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4833 on: November 29, 2005, 01:28:44 PM »
After painting the new sign fer the house.....I decide it's time to select a "fat' fer our winter stores, Riding up to the house I yell in I'm heading over to Sod Busters to bring a steer home to slaughter, any of ya want to ride along? Standing on my saddle I hang the sign above the steps to the porch.

Del's deli
please wipe yer feet
Mathew 5.9

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4834 on: November 29, 2005, 01:53:39 PM »
"I'll go along mitcha."

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4835 on: November 29, 2005, 02:26:39 PM »
I'll ride along too, need a change a scenery after Trinity's little incident.
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4836 on: November 29, 2005, 02:42:20 PM »
Trinty is now asleep in the hammock, while Slim and Lucky Irish Tom saddle up I sneak in and  place the jug on the floor, then tie Trinty's brogan laces together. (this was almost impossible since one was already broken.) The three men ride off towards Sod Buster's claim.

Later the 3 ride up on Sod Buster planting winter wheat. I fill him in on what we are doing. I also tell him if he is in need of beef we could put one in the corral near his house for him to slaughter, I could deducted it from  my final payment next week. It would come to $18. what I get from my contract sale.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4837 on: November 29, 2005, 03:15:26 PM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother approaches the house after tending to the chickens. When she sees the sign, her smile drops and her eyes narrow.

"This is a house, a home, not a business!"

Quick as a flash, her wand is out and waved in the air. ****POOF**** The sign disappears from the house, to reappear over the door to Trinity's lopsided "bunkhouse" over by the pigs.

She holsters her wand, dusts off her hands, and smiles as the puppies and kittens tumble out to greet her.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4838 on: November 29, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »
Howdy Litl Rooster, Slim, and Tom!  What a pleasent surprise!

Rooster, I tried to find some "Slow Elk" to add to your herd or to slaughter myself but none came by!  Oh well.....

Yes, of course you can use the corral.  Thanks for the beef and I will be glad to make good use of it.  Please ask that cosie Del if he would be interested in the testicles.  I hear they can make some good eatin'.  I have never tried them but some cowboys that have passed through here swear by them.  Please pass along this recipe that they left with me.  Some of those cowboy considered them a wonderful elixir or aphrodisiac. Have these been castrated yet?  I didn't get close enough to look.

<Arthor's note: At roundup, cowboys enjoyed a delicacy called calf fries, mountain oysters, or prairie oysters. Whatever the term, these fried or roasted calves' testicles made gourmet eating for cowmen. Obviously, a large number of these prize delicacies could be gathered when hands castrated calves during roundup. Preparation might consist of nothing more than tossing the testicles into a branding fire and waiting for them to pop open, ready to eat. You could soaking the mess in salt water for an hour then drying them. The oysters are then seasoned, rolled in flour or cornmeal, and fried in hot grease until crisp-- a great end to a long day of branding. Another variant suggest soaking the harvest in buttermilk instead of salt water. >

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4839 on: November 29, 2005, 07:47:04 PM »
Delmonico is out in the workshop in the corner of the barn, he has a 6 foot length of pipe some sheet iron and the tinsnips and solderin' irion.  Right now he is busy cuttin' up sheet metal. ::) :o
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com