Author Topic: Newbrassky  (Read 1824854 times)

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbrassky
« Reply #4740 on: November 16, 2005, 05:25:52 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother drops her load of fabric to make a rude, crude, and socially unacceptable gesture at the flying plate.

"That ain't right! You just had him, BRING HIM BACK!"

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Offline Lucky Irish Tom

• Drunken Irish Darksider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • If I can't see the targets neither can the spotter
  • Liked:
« Reply #4741 on: November 16, 2005, 07:26:27 AM »
Irish sees the special blue light carry Delmonico and the Corned Beef into the flying blue plate.  Irish pulls out his Sharps and lets fly, but only manages to knock the W off the Wedgewood on the underside of the flying plate!  Where's Slim with the Mighty 10 when ya need im?
If ya can't be fast it's good to be Lucky!
Official Irish Whiskey Taster
SASS 40271, WARTHOG, Darksider, Dirty RATS, RO2

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #4742 on: November 16, 2005, 09:01:02 AM »
Slim runs in the house's front door, reaches 'round the corner, and produces the "Mighty 10". He throws it and the shotgun belt to litl rooster. "Let 'em have it! I'z goin' upstairs." He reaches his room, opens the window, and squeezes the trigger on the present that Gopher Grease brought him from the future. "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM..." can be heard coming from the open window.
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Advertising

« Reply #4743 on: Today at 07:27:41 AM »

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4743 on: November 16, 2005, 11:16:50 AM »
Hearing the BOOMS, the Frumpy Fairy Godmother drops her stack of linens as the flying plate zig-zags off to the distance.

"WAIT!! You're gonna hit the windmill!! And... HEY, that's coming from MY room!"

As the windmill takes a direct hit and starts to topple over, she is grabbing at her skirts to run up the stairs.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 310
« Reply #4744 on: November 16, 2005, 06:08:28 PM »
litl rooster manages to get both triggers pulled on the "mighty ten" smoke clears has he pulls the ears back one more time. Hot brass rains down from the upstairs window. Dagnabit... the blue  _edgewood plates got off with the Corned beef.
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4745 on: November 16, 2005, 06:53:52 PM »
Finally the smoke and noise stops...Noticing Trinty still dead asleep inthe hammock, and puppies scattered on the porch undisturbed and fat from "sparrow grass". I pick up the empty 10 ga brass and can't help myself.... ;D Out to Delmonico's shop I go, passing the toppled windmill as I go. Rummaging thru his loading equipment I find the right die and removed the ignitors from 2 of the empty casings, then finding some rubber cement paint a small bead of this glue around the opened end. Returning to the hammock where Trinty and the pups lie, ever so quietly I place 1 shell over each of his eyes.  >I can't wait to see the reaction from Trinty when all he see's is the light at the end of the Tunnel< Back to the shop I go for some rope a ladder and some spanner wrenches, to repair the windmill.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #4746 on: November 16, 2005, 08:40:23 PM »
Trinity's stomach begins to rumble and his slumber comes to an end.  He opens his eyes and can't see except for a tiny dot of light that seems far off.  Trinity panics.  He runs toward the light, but it never nears.  He continues to run like a wild man.  He is torn to shreads from brush and low tree limbs, but Trinity feels no pain because he is so intent on exiting the tunnel.  He runs madly flailing his arms about all the way into town where his journey comes to an abrupt halt where he runs into the side of the saloon and is knocked out cold.  Luckily, he had just turned his head to the side and averted loosing his eyeballs permantly.
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4747 on: November 17, 2005, 10:28:09 AM »
Trinity's stomach begins to rumble and his slumber comes to an end.  He opens his eyes and can't see except for a tiny dot of light that seems far off.  Trinity panics.  He runs toward the light, but it never nears.  He continues to run like a wild man.  He is torn to shreads from brush and low tree limbs, but Trinity feels no pain because he is so intent on exiting the tunnel.  He runs madly flailing his arms about all the way into town where his journey comes to an abrupt halt where he runs into the side of the saloon and is knocked out cold.  Luckily, he had just turned his head to the side and averted loosing his eyeballs permantly.
<Arthur's note: Where's dem paper towels? My screen is wet.  ;D>

Slim comes down from his room, disappointed that he didn't bring down the flying plate. He pours a cup of coffee and goes out to help litl rooster repair the windwill.

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4748 on: November 17, 2005, 11:21:59 AM »
With a mournful howl, Duke follows after Slim and Litl' Rooster, determined to help somehow. Luckily, the windmill didn't fall on any of the cattle.

The Frumpy Fairy Godmother heaves a sigh of relief when she remembers the BOOMER had been moved to Slim's room. She goes into his room, picks up all the empty casings and changes out the singed sheets and curtains.

After washing the linens, she starts on lunch: ham, beans, biscuits and greens. She figures they'll be hungry after their busy morning.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4749 on: November 17, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »

Slim comes down from his room, disappointed that he didn't bring down the flying plate. He pours a cup of coffee and goes out to help litl rooster repair the windwill.

litl rooster tears off a chunk of paper towels and passes the remainder to Slim
Mathew 5.9

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4750 on: November 17, 2005, 07:34:41 PM »
Sitting on the wreackage of the windmill with Slim and Duke, debating if we needed to hitch a buggy and go to town and save Trinty, a object falls from the sky, Duke goes to it and stands point and sniffs.....Standing point as it was a pheasant.  Slim and I notice it's one of Del's Corned beef cans, empty, Duke cleans up the smell with his tongue. Deciding to leave Trinty in town we start repairing the windmill. I climb to the top and hook the block and tackle and drop the loose ends of the rope. Where Slim ties on the tattered parts and Duke pulls the rope to hoist. > authors note< too bad we didn't have duct tape yet, this job would already be done....Slowly peiceing the parts back together. When a thought comes to me, I yell down to Slim, when you go back up to Wisconsin why don't you stop by those folks that made the Corned Beef "Hormel" and suggest they Can up some Shoulder of Pork and HAM. I bet it would be mighty tasty and sell good too.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
!
« Reply #4751 on: November 17, 2005, 10:01:47 PM »
Trinity finally comes too and sees a lady in the finest Parisian dress staring at him with a look of utter disgust on her face.  Pressed into the folds of her dress is the face of her daughter, protected from seeing the disgusting man who apparently hadn't made it far from the saloon the night before. 

Having no recollection of his horrible ordeal of the previous evening, Trinity rises and looks at the saloon. "Ah reckon Ah did drank a little too much last night.  That might account fer this headache!  Trinity picks up two 10 ga. casings lying on the ground: "Hmmm.  Slim might could use these."

Looking at the saloon again: "Wail, gotta git me some hair of the dawg!"

"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4752 on: November 18, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »

litl rooster tears off a chunk of paper towels and passes the remainder to Slim
<Arthur's note: Thankee pard.  ;D>

Online Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4753 on: November 18, 2005, 09:27:37 AM »
Sitting on the wreackage of the windmill with Slim and Duke, debating if we needed to hitch a buggy and go to town and save Trinty, a object falls from the sky, Duke goes to it and stands point and sniffs.....Standing point as it was a pheasant.  Slim and I notice it's one of Del's Corned beef cans, empty, Duke cleans up the smell with his tongue. Deciding to leave Trinty in town we start repairing the windmill. I climb to the top and hook the block and tackle and drop the loose ends of the rope. Where Slim ties on the tattered parts and Duke pulls the rope to hoist. > authors note< too bad we didn't have duct tape yet, this job would already be done....Slowly peiceing the parts back together. When a thought comes to me, I yell down to Slim, when you go back up to Wisconsin why don't you stop by those folks that made the Corned Beef "Hormel" and suggest they Can up some Shoulder of Pork and HAM. I bet it would be mighty tasty and sell good too.
"I go right thru Austin on the way ta Wiscoooooooooooooonsin. I'll suggest that ta 'em."  ;D

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4754 on: November 18, 2005, 06:01:42 PM »
Finishing the repairs to the Windmill, I decide to hitch the team and Saddle Pea Eye. Loading the wagon with some salt blocks, and some other supplies I head to the bank in Dunning then on to Sod Busters, claim. Pea Eye follows along and Duke with his new found toy (the empty corned beef tin) jump in the wagon for the ride. Stopping by the Soddy, not to see Mr. Buster insight I leave a note and another payment for grazing there.> Note reads   S.Buster, Here is a 2nd payment for grazing here, I will be out in the back section for the nite, tomorrow I will leave salt out and check herd. In 2 weeks I will return to move cattle to railhead for shipping. Fearing a hard cold winter coming. Will make final payment then....lr<  Highlining the 3 horses between 2 cottonwoods, I gather some wood and make a camp beneath a cut bank to break wind, Duke huddle close to the tack and fire and shares my evening meal of dried Buff and some biscuits.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Sod Buster

• My Barn, My Rules
  • Top Active Citizen
  • What happens in the Barn - Stays in the Barn
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #4755 on: November 18, 2005, 08:52:05 PM »
Note reads   S.Buster, Here is a 2nd payment for grazing here, I will be out in the back section for the nite, tomorrow I will leave salt out and check herd. In 2 weeks I will return to move cattle to railhead for shipping. Fearing a hard cold winter coming. Will make final payment then....lr

Sod Buster comes back from visiting a neighbor and sees the note and payment.  Smiling he stuffs the money in his pocket and thinks maybe a weekend in town would be a good treat.
SASS #49789L, NCOWS #2493, RATS #122, WARTHOGS, SBSS, SCORRS, STORM #287
ROII, NRA RSO, NRA Benefactor, VSSA Life

Offline Joyce (AnnieLee)

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4756 on: November 19, 2005, 05:18:48 AM »
The Frumpy Fairy Godmother finishes sorting the fabric and frowns. All the material and linens are there, but she forgot to get thread!

With a small sigh, she gets ready to go back to town. Daisy and Claire give her mournful looks.

"I dunno, ladies, will the puppies be all right without you?" She is answered with a bark from Daisy and two wagging tails. "Oh, ok, you can come along, too."

She leaves a note saying where she's going. The dogs leap into the surrey and she is off.

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Nasty Lady

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4757 on: November 19, 2005, 05:13:45 PM »
Rising early to the fridgged air, I stoke the fire. Somehow Duke has weasled my good Hudson from my bed roll and used it to stuff the hole at the end of my saddle that he is now a sleep under. While the coffee boils I fill the nose bags with some oats barley and  korn for the horses. Drinking 2 cups of coffee, Duke finally crawls out and brings the tin to the fire, and drops it and pushes it to my feet.  Durn dog took my blanket now wants my grub. I give him the last biscuit and piece of the dried meat. After a brisk ride thru the herd I return to the camp and hitch the team driving to the watering holes to leave salt, the cattle smell it and begin to follow along behind the wagon, Pea Eye and Duke. With the werk done here and the cattle looking sassy I head back to the Ranch. The wind coming from the north and a few clouds begin to form I move the team to a slow trot.
Mathew 5.9

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4758 on: November 19, 2005, 06:36:53 PM »
In the saloon Trinity downs his whiskey and orders another.  While waiting, he finds Delmonico's tin of mustache wax in his pocket.  He looks at it for a moment and then applies a dab to his eyebrows.

Offline litl rooster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4759 on: November 19, 2005, 07:51:02 PM »
In the saloon Trinity downs his whiskey and orders another.  While waiting, he finds Delmonico's tin of mustache wax in his pocket.  He looks at it for a moment and then applies a dab to his eyebrows.

don't fergit to giv'em a little twist at the ends
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com